1c blackberries.;
    1/2 c blueberries;
    1/2 c red wine;
    1 shallot, finely diced;
    1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped;
    2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar;
    2 Tbsp honey;
    2 Tbsp butter, divided.

In a saucepan, over medium low heat, melt 1 Tbsp butter. Add shallot and cook until transparent. Add berries and, continuously stirring, cook for 3-4mins until berries start to soften. Add vinegar, honey, wine and rosemary. Cook, with stirring, until liquid reduced slightly, about 5 mins. Lower heat if needed.

Sieve sauce with fine mesh strainer. Return to heat and add 1 Tbsp butter.

Drizzle steaks or loin medallions with sauce.

If you use frozen berries, the initial cooking time may slightly reduced. This sauce scorches easily, so the heat needs to be watched.

Leave a comment:

• ches
    replied
    Had fun today. Girlfriend and I took big bottles of hand sanitizer like before to 8 neighbor houses around us as gifts. We have two more houses when we get two more bottles. Except for couple next door, we have very little contact now because of the covid 19 Chinese virus.

Leave a comment:

• ches
    replied
    Good hunting!

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    3 down , 3 to go ! LOL I forgot how hard this is to do by myself ! LOL I kille 'em , field dress , bring home and hang , quarter it up , pull the backstraps , inside tenderloins , pull the 2 biggest muscles out of each front shouldler, then give that to eyes ! Then while she cleans and slices steaks and meat to grind , I work on trimming the meat off the ribs and then the hips. So far we have 16 roasts 32 lbs burger 16 packages of steaks and a couple stew meats ! We are blessed. Gave 1 whole deer to the neighbor to our north and helped them with part of it.Busy busy.......now if my back will hold up ! LOL Eyes never ceases to amaze me !

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Seems to be still out to hunt.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Hey, WD how's the deer hunting going?

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    I am freezing. We had a 35 degree temp change in 24 hours, after having nearly record heat over the weekend. About 7 Monday morning, it was 68, and that was the high for the day. Down in the 30s last night and didn't even hit 50 today. It's supposed to freeze tonight and maybe hit 52 tomorrow. And we have wind chill. I hate wind chill since I'm such a cold weather wimp. I can't wait for Friday because it's supposed to be around 70.

Since it was just the two of us, we just baked a chicken for Thanksgiving. Some leftovers went in the freezer, some got BBQd with tater salad, and I made a pot pie with some. I was pleasantly surprised at how the pot pie came out. I usually manage to dilute the cream soup a little too much, but not this time. Yay me! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Grits & Beans
    replied
    just watched the tyson jones jr hugfest on youtube

nice end to a long weekend. i didn't pig out this year lol. i was given a turkey and all the fixings that i gave to my neighbor for the bbq she hooked me up wit over the summer. i kept the pumpkin pie tho lol

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Oh, thanks for the sixth grade flute lesson flash backs. Song of the Volga Boatmen is a staple of music lesson books.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    A draw song, well regulary not for deer but may fit. It is long enough for a long way to draw a deer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_So..._Volga_Boatmen

ej uhnem

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    I need a song for tying a deer to a 4 wheeler and dragging it out of a bean field ! LOL Hopefully the weather will cooperate !Season opens wednesday and they're talking rain on thursday......if it does it will be a long muddy walk to get in and out ! Or I'll take a day off and help out at the cookie factory ! LOL
    Hope everyone had plenty to eat on Thanksgiving and remembered to say thank-you !
    Everyone stay safe and healthy !

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Well, nothing goes by without a quote from my favorite book.

"Hey-ya-ah-na-ah! Hey-ya-ah-na-ah! / Ku-ru-tsu-eh-ah-eh-na! Ku-ru-tsu-eh-ah-eh-na! / to the east below / to the south below / the winter people come. / Hey-ya-ah-na-ah! Hey-ya-ah-na-ah! / Ku-ru-tsu-eh-ah-eh-na! Ku-ru-tsu-eh-ah-eh-na! / from the west above / from the north above / the winter people come. / eh- ah-na-ah! / eh- ah-na-ah! / antlers of wind / hooves of snow / eyes glitter ice / eyes glitter ice / eh- ah-na-ah! / eh- ah-na-ah! / antlers of wind / antlers of wind / eh- ah-na-ah! eh- ah-na-ah!

The voice faded in and out, sometimes muffled or lost in the wind. He recognized phrases of the song; he had heard the hunters sing it, late in October, while they waited for the deer to be driven down from the high slopes by the cold winds and the snow. He waited until the hunter saw him before he spoke. He was carrying a small fork horned buck across his shoulders, steadying the load by gripping the antlers in one hand and the hind legs in the other. He smiled when he saw Tayo.

He wore his hair long, tied back with white cotton string in the old style the men used to wear. He had long strings of sky blue turquoise in his ears...

"You been hunting?" he asked, sliding the carcass down from his shoulders into the snow. Tayo noticed that he had already tied delicate blue feathers to the tips of the antlers."

Leslie Silko, Ceremony, Penguin Books, 1977, pp 206-207.
    Last edited by OLChemist; 11-29-2020, 11:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    O K Thanksgiving is over and it's time to come out of your food coma ! LOL
    Went out today and set my blinds. I'm ready to hunt ! Now instead of turkey I'm looking for venison !

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Than he is going to have some tureky for thanksgiving.

Is the rest of his band around? Than may be the whole turkey.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    My neighbors put a turkey in the smoker. Jet is standing guard, LOL. He's put on his "Kiss the Cook" apron.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.