X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLChemist
    replied
    I just got a grocery delivery from a different store, with most the items that were missing from Thursday's order. Now, I have tortillas and gingerbread cake mix! I pine for the days when I could get everything at one store.

I think people are getting scared again. I couldn't get tp or mac and cheese. I had to order my tp from an office supply place.

I wish that fear would translate into more useful action, like social distancing, mask wearing and staying home. Last night when folks were walking by on the way to the bars and restaurants down on restaurant row, I saw few masks. And, unless polygamy is rampant in the DFW area, all those maskless women walking shoulder to shoulder weren't in one household.

We're at > 1200 cases a day in my county. The ICU's are at > 50%. And we're still having children and teen contact sports, with audiences. The under 35 crowd is driving this surge. Apparently, a true Texan would rather die gasping for breath in the parking lot of an overcrowded hospital than have a Friday night without High School football.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    We wait a little bit more than we have coffee at home.

It is 15:00 o'clock but dark as if we are close to 17 o'clock. We have awether warning for wind BfT 7 or 55 km per hour. Not arrived yet but have the foligae swept up two times this day. I get all the maple foligae cause the wind blows them in the corner of house and garage and than they swirl around.

Pancakes, must be like our Pfannkuchen. I take those with applejuice or apple slices.

Today we had beef roulades with beef neck, smoked ham and chili pickles, red beet and Pasta.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    I often find it funny(funny as in puzzling not funny haha)that natural gas prices go up along with any other petroleum products right now as oil prices are down , and staying down. Yes there is seasonal demand but......it's every year and every excuse !
    Now , I'll have coffee and maybe some pancakes today !
    Hope everyone is safe and healthy !

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    I pray that the Lord will send one of his Angel to help Rose.

Oh, oh. Mom got two letters of price increase for electricity and natural gas. According to the contracts we have for the non fees and taxes price gurantee until 12/2021 and 04/2022. Called the service line and you can imagine the answers.

Wrote the Bord of Directors for explanation why the price increase is 6.1% when the fees and taxes rise only 2.6%.

I do not want to get upset but I am upset.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Oh heavens! Where does my store get these shoppers who do the delivery shopping? I can imagine the interview process:

Interviewer: "Have you ever grocery shopped before?"

Applicant: "Never, my Mom does the shopping."

Interviewer: "When were you last in a grocery store?"

Applicant: "I don't remember, but I was riding the grocery cart that looks like a car. It was fun, so I thought this might be the job for me."

Interviewer: "The customer requests a 42oz box of Minute Rice. But we only have the 26oz box. What you do substitute for the 42 oz box?"

Applicant: "Is this a word problem? I never did well on word problems in school... Is the answer the toaster pastries that are on clearance by the cash thingy?"

Interviewer: "Text the following sentence to me: The store is out of hand sanitizer."

Applicant: (Text) Store Santa is out to lunch.

Interviewer: "You're hired. Here's Rose's order, get started."
    Last edited by OLChemist; 11-12-2020, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    For you, subs:

Mr Monk Shelters in Place

It's a blessing and a curse.

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by Broken Arrow View Post

Just got a small package of beeds with the colours I do not have at the momement. I now have a sample of every opaque colour you can get by Steffi Stricker's Perlenkontor at Dresden and I do my own sample card. The colours on the Webpage, the pictures of the printed sample card and the real beeds are different. If you by a colours at different times they will vary, I know from the light blue ones which you can see on a beaded piece clearly.
    I forget where I read it, but glass has dye lots like yarn does. Glass has always fascinated me.

We are back on "the cone of concern" for hurricane/tropical storm ETA. Last night we were clear, and now we aren't. That thing has been looping around in the Gulf/Caribbean like a drunk raccoon. I am ready for it to do whatever it's going to do and go on. Since it's coming at us from across the Gulf, we won't get anything but some wind and rain from it. It's been raining for days now, so we don't really need more. I wish we could send it out west where it's truly needed.

OLC, our back bedroom looks like your guest room. We go out.Masked up, hand sanitizer in pockets and wipes in a zip lock bag. Before I get my card out of my wallet to pay, I hand sanitize my hands, and the same with my keys. I always wipe the cart down myself, too. LOL! I used to love that show Monk, now that's my life-or so it seems.

@WD, Happy belated birthaversary to you and Eyes.
    Last edited by subeeds; 11-11-2020, 01:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    I want my normal life back. I can't get my brain out of this wacky space it has been inhabiting since March.

Since the paper goods, cleaning products and food shortages of the spring, I've been afraid of running out. I have been buying things in bulk which I normally won't since I live alone. I don't have storage for two 20 roll packages of bathroom tissue, cases of Kleenex, cartoons of hand soap, flats of canned soup... My guest room looks like I'm getting ready for a very strange giveaway. TP for the drum, antibacterial hand soap for the vets, canned chicken breast and tuna for the elders.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    In the news over here, they spoke about 1,3 * 10° which is Milliarden.

Billion as I am used to is 1,3 * 10^12
    Billiarde would be 1,3 * 10^15

LOL; I know and I would have a lot more difficulties to understand you. But as you are who you are, there might have been a chance that you have spoken another foreign language as with me but never learned.

There will be solutions to the distribution.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Originally posted by Broken Arrow View Post
    I am always irritated by the usage of Billion in the english speaking world. If I use it, it would be by the factor 1000 greater than in english.
    If I were in a mood, I would say: I speak the language that was brought here and forced upon my ancestors. But I'm not, lol. :)

1.3 billion = 1.3 * 10^9

I suspect that should they get full approval or emergency authorization in the US, they may license the technology to partner companies, especially for distribution out side the US. They've taken federal funding and have an agreement to deliver 5 *10^8 doses, should it be safe and effective.
    Last edited by OLChemist; 11-09-2020, 04:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Yeah, partner of Pfizer.

I am always irritated by the usage of Billion in the english speaking world. If I use it, it would be by the factor 1000 greater than in english usage.

They would need a bit short of twelve years to produve enough for the whole world.

In my federal state we have 3.426 new infected for one day.

The world will need every effective vaccin by every producer.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Biontech, they're Pfizer's German partner, correct?

They've still got to finish a few months of monitoring for the patient safety side. These are very promising preliminary results, but they haven't hit the threshold level for the full statistical analysis. Keep in mind this is preprint science.

Sounds like it's a two shot protocol with ca 4 weeks to reach full immune response. Which means > 660 million doses for the US alone. Europe, Latin America, Africa and parts of Asia are also in line. Pfizer is big pharma, so it can field the production capacity and expertise. They claim they can make 1.3 billion doses in 2021. The math does suggest that we're a couple years from adequate vaccination levels to damp this thing down. Here's to hoping Moderna and all the other candidates are also highly effective.

At very close to 1000 cases a day in the county where I live, I'm not leaving my house any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Hi ches, I do pray, light the candle and hope for march 2021.

It was announced today in the radio that biontech will submit an application for admission this month.

Leave a comment:

• ches
    replied
    Vaccine sounds like it is effective to 90% with the covid 19 symptoms. Pray it is available soon. It will go to health care workers and the acutely sick first.

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Everybody ok or is there need for the fast rescue force?

Sigh, among the students the infecttion numbers are rising. And a number of them is reckless. Those are the ones who don't want to follow the protective measures and are protesting if ordered to complain the edict according to the law.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.