X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subeeds
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    No BA, the swamps of Florida are generally sunny. Hence the nickname the Sunshine State.

We're having weird weather here too. It should be in the low 90's by this time of year. But we've been cold this week, barely into the 80's
    We are, too. We had some 90 days last week, but then it dropped back to the 80s. That's ok, though. Summer is going to make up for it with upper 90s being the highs for the next several days. The humidity is killer.

We had a great visit with the kiddo and his family. Met my 2 step grandkids who are awesome, and the baby who of course, is adorable. The Airbnb they got had a stocked pond on it, and the oldest grand there caught about a 3 pound bass. He and hubby spent most of the time there. My son doesn't fish and apparently the bio dad doesn't either, so that was one happy 11 year old who found a fishing buddy. He said that was the biggest fish he had ever caught, and that was the best day of vacation.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Rose wipes the dust off the stools at the counter. She throws away the unidentifiable pie, turned penicillin mold farm....

Wow, I guess my musically taste ran everyone off, LOL.

Rose goes over to the jukebox and puts the original selections back.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    No BA, the swamps of Florida are generally sunny. Hence the nickname the Sunshine State.

We're having weird weather here too. It should be in the low 90's by this time of year. But we've been cold this week, barely into the 80's

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    No flashback.

The exams are in their final two weeks as far as my participation is concerned.

We need now a daily negativ corona test for exam days. Great if the exam days starts at 7 am and you leave the house at 5.45 am.

The weather is in some way funny. Warm high humidity, totally cloudy in a blue-white-gray with and without seeing the sun. Is that like the weather in the swamps of Florida?

The earth seems to be wet yet the plants seem to have not enough to drink. The leaves are curled.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    I made it up the steps. But I suspect I’m going to stiffen up like the Tin Man after a cat 4 hurricane while I sleep tonight.

This is the last from my holiday weekend flashback.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dxraehjpgjs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    replied
    Stay safe, stay healthy and be careful on the stairs.

Shall I install a stair lift?

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    This musical trip down memory lane will make y'all glad you weren't in the third floor mountainside quad in Davis dorm in the early-mid '80's. With the tissue paper walls, you got to "enjoy" everyone's music (typing, arguing and snoring). A little XIT for your enjoyment. (Speaking of politically incorrect, I skipped linking to "Nothing Could be Finer Than 49er". There was a whole world of double entendre that song that my naive little college aged self missed, LOL.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ikkJUsF-UnU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    It seems we can never escape our past !

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    Well , the best of luck to you , going out into the real world again ! Stay safe , Stay healthy !

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    I am totally freaking out about going back to work tomorrow. First time in 14 months I will spend a whole day in the plant. The arthritis in my hips has been so bad of late, I'm genuinely afraid of the steps in our elevator-less building. I hope I can actually get to my office.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    This musical trip down memory lane will make y'all glad you weren't in the third floor mountainside quad in Davis dorm in the early-mid '80's. With the tissue paper walls, you got to "enjoy" everyone's music (typing, arguing and snoring). A little XIT for your enjoyment. (Speaking of politically incorrect, I skipped linking to "Nothing Could be Finer Than 49er". There was a whole world of double entendre in song that my naive little college aged self missed, LOL.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ikkJUsF-UnU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by OLChemist; 06-01-2021, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied
    That album is no longer politically correct !

Leave a comment:

• wardancer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    Boy, the internet really doesn't lose anything, even stuff from before the internet, LOL.

At the risk of dating myself, does anyone remember Winterhawk (the Native rock band, not the movie or that other band)? I was trying to find an old XIT song and YouTube offered up the album Dog Soldier. I'm watching it rain again or still and having a flashback to my college days and my relentlessly indigenous phase. Thank goodness I can't dress like I did in those days anymore.

Now, I need to go find some Apache Spirit and Buddy Red Bow.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NNKzZd231po" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• ches
    replied
    Nelda says FISHING BAIT!

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    That was so weird not being able to see that post I made-or the page it was supposed to be on. Anyhow, here's stuff about the Catawaba tree. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalpa_bignonioides Here's the worms. https://www.limaohio.com/sports/4197...s-fishing-bait
    I give up on trying to post the pictures of that in my yard. I don't want the forum going all funky on me again.

Have a safe holiday weekend everybody.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.