Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aw Traci, it's nothin'! You know I love my girls and you're one of em ;) Now babygirl *grabs applesauce outta DHG's hand* what have I told you about this stuff??? You're gonna be skinny as me when you grow up if you don't start eating. Now get some pie - or do you want some steak? Or you want Moms to cook you something extra special??? :)
    Don't bring a JV player into my Varsity Game...

Comment

• got a question...

okay this is my cafe but I need some input. I'm a purty good cook but there is one thing I wanna learn how to make. SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN. I mean, I can fry some chicken but something spicy about that southern style. So....... Traci - how about it? You got any good recipes??????:D

Comment

• Yeah, I'd like to know too! My family's kinda tired of Shake and Bake.;)
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

• Hey Rose, what do you want for lunch? How about a float? ayes. Nah - lets have a blackened chicken salad - you want one? I'll make us each one and we can go eat by the pool til Traci comes back. I can blacken some chicken now, blacken but not fry it just right. Did I ever tell you about that Cajun boy I dated? Girl - he could cook (and I don't mean just in the kitchen) spicey little so and so he was ;)

Comment

• hey momz can i get some pancakes then?? just pancakes... no syrup or nuffin...:)

Comment

• you're jes like your sister! pancakes plain - what's wrong with you girls. That's all my girl wants, I'm all loading mine up with butter and blueberry syrup and Sage says "just plain mom" WHAT THA?????????????????

Comment

• :D ok i do like huckleberry syrup sometimes.... but no usually just plain pancakes is good... :)

Comment

• OK, fried chicken is easy, and folks just get intimidated, but trust me. . .anyone can make it.

I like boneless chicken tenders myself. Who wants to wrestle with a dad-gum bone? ;)

First, take your oil and put it in a pot. Get it kinda deep, so the chicken is not on the bottom of the pot. Mistake number one (in my experience) is letting the chicken hit the bottom of the skillet, because sometimes the crust gets stuck. Get that oil hot, about medium to medium high heat. Not too hot, and not too cold. Takes practice to get it just right, but I'd guess it'd be about the temperature for frying potatoes.

Now, while that oil is heating, take your flour and your seasoning salt and mix them together. I'm liberal with the seasoning salt. If you want extra spicy, then soak your raw, uncoated chicken in tobasco sauce or hot sauce (not picante sauce) over night. That makes it on fire!

OK, so we've mixed the flour and seasoning salt. Now, take another bowl and mix some milk and one or two eggs (two eggs for a big crowd and you're making lots of chicken).

Now, take your piece of chicken and dip it into the wet mixture. Then into the dry. (Now. . .this is Traci's secret, and since none of y'all live local and know me for real, I'll share it with you, but when you do it, folks will ask "How'd you get that crust so thick?") Take your dipped piece and re-dip it. . .into the wet again, then into the dry, so you have two coatings.

Place in heated oil and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

I have an excellent honey mustard sauce recipe that I serve with the chicken if anyone would like it. :)

Comment

• COOL! That marinating in hot sauce sounds GOOT!!! I like Louisiana hot sauce. LOVE IT. Ima try that. I like the bone though, I buy them breasts with bones. Cheaper I think. Anyway. You're on for lunch special tomorrow :Chatter :Chatter
                    I'll provide everything else and you can fry the chicken. Here's you some syrup DHG. And use lots cuz you need to eat girl. I'm worried about your applesauce butt!! :Mad

Comment

• You've got yourself a deal. :)

Comment

• Luta this blackened chicken salad is the BOMB!! I like all my meat blackened. :)

Traci, that sounds like some GOOD chicken. I think I'll try the tenders. And I love the way you explained it. Makes perfect sense!!
                        ...it is what it is...

Comment

• applesauce butt??:p

Comment

• *walks in w/ slow step*

*sits on stool*

Can I have a cherry coke, I've a strange day.:(

Comment

• Sheez Rose - you're a mess "I like all my meat blackened" I like all my meat done, that's about it - the rest I'm not even picky about - ayes..................................meat is meat is meat is meat. It's all how tha CHEF prepares it. Now steak, Ima expert at steak - I can marinate it til it's just hot and juicy just from my spices, the spices I use I mean. Then turn up the heat and grill that suckah. Grill it baby - grill it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeliciousHoneyGirl
                                applesauce butt??:p
                                you heard me young lady ;)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.