NICK NAMES and their origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NICK NAMES and their origin

Everybody's got at least one nickname so how'd you get it?
    When I was lil- they use to call me "Reesa-Beesa"- some how my older sister and her friends changed it to "Bean-Bon"- in High School it was jus "Res" (reese) then my lil brother started callin me "Res-Bean"- I guess a mix of "Reesa" and "Bean-Bon"- So what about yall??

well my cousin gave me the name bush cree cuz of my hair..lol or he calls me boo boo girl cuz i used to cry alot. I swear my hair is tamed and no winer here :P. im not good with names..and people arent very good with mine. by means of communication its just "hey you" tehehe
    (¯`·._.·`*CeDaR RoSe*`·._.·´¯)

Comment

Beaner...my family calls me beaner....lmao
      sigpicDisclaimer: Storyteller and I are friends no matter what our evil twins say on the rhyme thread

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, laying in hospitals, dying of nothing....

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!

Four things you can't recover:

The stone........after the throw. The word........after it's said.

The occasion...........after it's missed. The time.........after it's gone.

Comment

I have many nicks, i have 5 aunts and 6 uncles and they give us kids a diff nick each

Sum r,
        Lean Bean
        Leapin Lean
        Beans
        Punk
        Brat
        and
        Wiener

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
        When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

why do all of our nicks have beans in them??? lol...dang, and all this time I thought I was unique..
          sigpicDisclaimer: Storyteller and I are friends no matter what our evil twins say on the rhyme thread

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, laying in hospitals, dying of nothing....

Comment

LOL...mee too i went to high school with 2 white gurls and tht was their nicknames too

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
            When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

Well, I've had many...and usually for bizarre reasons...which would take days to tell them all, and why...but once I was known as 'SHOTGUN'. Not for riding shotgun...but there was a HUGE gang fight in my neigborhood...and tho innocent (of course!) I got the hell beat out of me by this huge older biker type. Then, I went home...and came back w/ a shotgun! Not sure I'd have used it..but I must have looked like I would...because EVERYBODY took off REAL quick! It took YEARS to break that nickname...and some of my long time friends call me that still!!!

Comment

they must of been "navy beans"

I can't believe I said that! lol

Comment

Originally posted by colonah04
                  Well, I've had many...and usually for bizarre reasons...which would take days to tell them all, and why...but once I was known as 'SHOTGUN'. Not for riding shotgun...but there was a HUGE gang fight in my neigborhood...and tho innocent (of course!) I got the hell beat out of me by this huge older biker type. Then, I went home...and came back w/ a shotgun! Not sure I'd have used it..but I must have looked like I would...because EVERYBODY took off REAL quick! It took YEARS to break that nickname...and some of my long time friends call me that still!!!
                  my kids used to call me Rambo cuz I have this 12 guage and one day I got mad at some of my moms roosters..and well yeah..lol

Comment

My dad called me Cheech Charch for Sweetheart.
                    My friends called me Magoo, blind as a bat without my glasses
                    and the rest of my family calls me BooBoo, still trying to figure out how this one stuck. LOL

Comment

evil meanie...j/ks
                      I love that song, let's turn the music up!

Smilies is not my 1st Language

Comment

I always get called Bear alot....at work here...they call me Pappa Bear...guess its a size thing....when I lived out on the Navajo Rez...I was called Choosh...LOL...by the way...choosh means bug....LOL
                        sigpicWe spend a lifetime worrying about if we make a difference....Marines don't have that problem.

Comment

My nickname is A##hole. I can't imagine why.
                          believe in yourself

Comment

my dad used to call me jennabird..cuz my first name is jennifer n my last is of a bird lol...sometimes people call me maggie or maggs...my daughter has buffy cuz my dads fav singer is buffy saint marie....
                            "would u like to lick the frybread greaze off of my lippz??"

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic

Comment

Our 2 year old has several nicknames:
                              Baby Bear
                              Boo Bear
                              Toodle lump....from her grandpa
                              Squirrel Bug...from an uncle
                              Kaygee...

The Baby is
                              Baby or
                              Bean..bc/ of her kidney problems..

Hubby has too many nicknames..
                              Gumpy
                              Furley
                              Poncho
                              Topher
                              that I can think of...

and me..well I was
                              Hooch..in H.S.
                              Fonzie... in college
                              KJ..my initials
                              Kaygee...which I passed on to the 2 year old but still get called from time to time..

All of the grandparents have nicknames too...we kinda share the love I guess by giving everybody one...
                              We're so bad that even our dogs have nicknames!!
                              OrangePridendnds1
                              "What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
                              Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator
                              ...... everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence.
                              Mourning Dove Salish 1888-1936

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X