Ndn Toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ndn Toys

when i was growing up my mom didnt have any cash. so my and my little bros had to have some imagination. the best toy my mom ever go mee was this big ole dirt mountain. she hauled three dump trucks of dirt to level our backyard but it turned into the neighborhood playground. we played king of the mountain, tag, and had our own highways for our rock cars!, we dug caves and jumped off the thing.

i wasnt the only broke kid around here... what did you have..?
    thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES..LOL...WE HAD A DIRT PILE TOO NOT BIG BUT WE HAD FUN....WE USED TO PLAY WITH LEAVES OFF A WALNUT TREE..THAT WAS OUR MONEY..WE WERE RITCH OH AND WE USED TO CATCH FROGS AND SNAKES AND MAKE EM RACE IN THE PUDDLES...WE USED TO SING INTO STICKS AND HAVE CONCERTS ON OUR BACK PORCH...NDN IDOLS

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
    When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

We had a sycamore tree, and once a year it was good for playing war LOL! Uh for those that don't get the joke, they are also known as gumball trees and have those spikey round seed pods about an inch and a half in diameter and sting and stick like crazy when you have one thrown at you.
      Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

LOL...KEWL

*Kalilsha*

Comment

ooo i thought u meant somethin else....

When i was little, my mom used to give me the brown barbies and tell me they were indian.
          The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

omg When i was a kid all we needed were some card board boxes to keep us entertained, we would tear apart the really big boxes and sit on another and slide down it or just down the stairs. ghetto huh? lol One time i stayed the night at a friends house and we had mud baths because mud was good for your skin. lol
            I am now going to assault your mind with subliminal messages!

Comment

Forgot to add that when my husband was about 6-7 he got into a box of tampons and used them as missiles, and telescopes. His older sisters just let him keep on playing with em. lmao oh and condoms made awsome water balloons until they were taken away. lmao
              I am now going to assault your mind with subliminal messages!

Comment

me and my cousin dug out a little pit. we put a board over it and camoflaged it with dirt and weeds. it was our secret fort. well one day my grandpa was riding back on his horse and crash..! yeah he was hella mad at first, but still cracks up about it now..
                thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Originally posted by superndngyrl
                  ooo i thought u meant somethin else....

When i was little, my mom used to give me the brown barbies and tell me they were indian.

LOL

SO DID MINE....CABBAGE PATCH DOLLS THO....I ASKED WHY THEY WERE BLACK AND SHE SAID 'THEY'RE NOT..THEY R JUST REALLY DARK NDNS...U KNOW LIKE UR DAD IN THE SUMMER"

*Kalilsha*

Comment

BOXES OMG!!! That brings back some memories!!! We use to take and open them up and make huge "castles", apartments, etc... out of them and color with our crayolas all over them. We also use to carry a rake to the neighborhood park under the biggest tree we could find and jump into the pile of leaves. Now that was fun!!!! We use to play "chef" with mom's pots and pans cause we didn't have our own play cookware.........OH THE MEMORIES!!!!
                    I don't know about the rest of you all but now if my kids go out to play and they get dirty like I use to.... they are in trouble and god forbid they come into the house with those nasty clothes on and track on my white carpet!!!!!! I flip!!!
                    What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!

Comment

Don't ya'll forget those water hoses that became magical fountains....running thru them - jumping rope with water...

Nativezzz pleeezzz - I know you all played that game....
                      Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

before I lived with my mom while i lived with my gma, she used to give us some old pans and pots, we used to pretend to cook all kinds of things.
                        the dogs, frogs, snakes, fish, creeks, hills trees moutains --all kinds of adventures.

when I moved to the city with my mom it was horible we did not have money to buy barbie or cabbage patch dolls. I still had paper dolls, I would read books from the library and my dad taught me how to play cards. solitare, and poker.

city was boring it was cool to go to the badlands.

badlands, creeks, sticks, wild animals. hunting games, tracking games.
                        www.myspace.com/cetanzi

Comment

Ahh.. yes, boxes!! Still one of my favorite toys.. We also used to make huge castles out of them as well, but got in trouble for using up the tape... but anytime anyone got a new fridge, freezer, washer , dryer, tv.. we were all about that box~!
                          Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

HMM W DINT HAVE BOXES SO I GUESS I MUSTA BEEN REAL POOR

*Kalilsha*

Comment

holay, I thought you had invented some type of new sex toy that smells like frybread, lubed like grease and busted out a tune like MNX!!!! LMAO!!!!!! jk
                              sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X