Graduation Gift Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduation Gift Ideas

Hi powwowers! I was wanting to see if I could get some ideas on high school graduation gifts. So far I have received 7 invitations and know of a couple more that I will be getting. I really don't want to leave anybody out either. So far one senior asked if I could bead his cap...I'll do it as a gift since it's easy to do. I'm not looking to spend too much $$ cuz it adds up...especially when on a budget. Now if they happen to be family members than that would be a different story. Any ideas?
    "Last night, I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts."
    -For nightvision like an owl, you'd need eyes the size of a grapefruit!-

Hmmm....what about beading things for them? Like sm. keychains or earrings or peyote stitch bracelets...don't take too long to whip one up. When my brother was in college...I use to buy him $5 gift certificates for fast food places & gift cert. for the movies....cause I wasn't just gonna hand over a bunch of cash to him...no telling what he'd do with the money! LOL Idk...just some ideas.

Comment

a box of mac-n-cheese and a can of tuna for there first meal on there own. lol
      I am now going to assault your mind with subliminal messages!

Comment

My daughter's best friend does her own beading and sewing so I was thinking about getting her a gift card for one of the fabric stores or hobby lobby.

Comment

Get them one of your favorite books - one that made an impact on your life - then add a journal.

Gift cards are another great option too - airmiles has a wide selection available for your miles!

If they're heading off to college or university gift cards for school supplies are great. If they're heading into a job - gift cards for "work" clothes are great!
          Last edited by Singing Eagle; 05-11-2005, 12:08 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

My dad gave me three deerhides, and my uncle gave me a really nice eagle feather. If you have the talent for beading, any little beaded item would probably be appreciated. I would thing beaded keychains are used and needed by that age-group the most.

Comment

My niece graduated last year and I got her an expensive shawl (she had been looking at for while) and gave her some money. Okay, a couple hundred dollars. She was the first to graduate, out of all my nieces, she made the Whos who in school list as getting college credits in school and she graduated early as well. Now she is in college, and I am very proud of her.
              sigpic
              R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparklebeadz
                can't forget good old Ramon Noodles! lol
                "Last night, I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy
                  My niece graduated last year and I got her an expensive shawl (she had been looking at for while) and gave her some money. Okay, a couple hundred dollars. She was the first to graduate, out of all my nieces, she made the Whos who in school list as getting college credits in school and she graduated early as well. Now she is in college, and I am very proud of her.
                  My oldest niece will be graduating next year...I already get teary eyed just thinking about it, I am so proud of her. Anyways for the past year maybe two years I have been really thinking about what to get her. Definately a Pendelton Blanket and I may make her a new beaded outfit....still don't know what kind of design because I'm still thinking of a design for my new one.

Thanks for your responses. I really appreciate them.

Comment

books and journals are great ideas - i've recieved 'em and have given many and i like the idea of writing an inspirational/encouragining message.
                    i think pesonalized gifts are the best! my sis got me a lil' storage box/jewelry box w/my graduation announcement enclosed (on the top) and my name engraved inside - it was SOOO cool and def one of my fav gifts! stores like "things remembered" have tons of things to personalize, check out their website - even if it's just a keychain or something, it's quite memorable!
                    good luck huntin' stuff down!
                    "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

Anything with Class of 2005 on it!

It was so cool when we graduated (from 8th grade), one of our friends made us all simple beaded necklaces and earrings. I still have mine and it sure takes me back.

Nowadays I usually give out cash, and jewelry for the girls or money clips for the guys.
                      Last edited by wyo_rose; 05-11-2005, 01:45 PM. Reason: comma keeps jumping around on me
                      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Another cool thing is a disposable camera and picture frames and/or albums.
                        ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose
                          I like that idea! I know at my graduation I had fun taking picutes "behind the scenes". What great memories!

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose

Thats Definately a good Idea.

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Sparklebeadz
                              SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X