• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rachelp
    replied
    College Graduation?

Originally posted by SideSteppinMom View Post
    yep, good ideas from good people! ;-) thanks.
    Hi all! I know this is an old thread, but I just read through it all and think these suggestions are great! I have a different sort of question though. I'm looking for gift ideas for college graduates. It needs to be small enough to mail and the gifts are for Native students from across the country so it's quite a question! Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Annie Fawn
    replied
    If you know where they are going to college how about a gift certicate to the college book store.
    Otherwise I give journals and those plastic gift cards for places like Blockbuster, Target, Walmart, ect. they are for a set amount and the numbers can not be changed like on a check.

Leave a comment:

• Smokin' Ace
    replied
    All of these are great gift ideas - money, camera, memory book, I think anything personal is awesome - let that person remember you too....an alarm clock is a great idea like Singing Otter said - keep the ideas coming...

I think anything to a graduate shows them that you are proud of their accomplishment...

To all the grads - don't forget to send thank you cards -- it makes people remember you more during other milestones....marriage, baby, etc. It is just good to know that you appreciated what they gave...

Leave a comment:

• SideSteppinMom
    replied
    yep, good ideas from good people! ;-) thanks.

Leave a comment:

• AngelFeather
    replied
    lotsa great ideas here...

Leave a comment:

• ndnmba
    replied
    Originally posted by Lakota_Lady
    My daughter's best friend does her own beading and sewing so I was thinking about getting her a gift card for one of the fabric stores or hobby lobby.
    That's a really good idea, I know that I would appreciate that as a gift.

Leave a comment:

• OLChemist
    replied
    If they're going away to school or moving to their first new place (and not family), I give them a box or basket with paring knives, dishtowels, spatulas, wooden spoons, a small cutting board, can opener, a good screwdriver, soap dishes.... Little things that help set up a dorm or apartment.

Leave a comment:

• Singing Otter
    replied
    Alarm clocks for the ones going away to school.

Leave a comment:

• Singing Otter
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparklebeadz
    a box of mac-n-cheese and a can of tuna for there first meal on there own. lol

Leave a comment:

• AngelFeather
    replied
    Originally posted by wyo_rose
    Another cool thing is a disposable camera and picture frames and/or albums.

Thats Definately a good Idea.

Leave a comment:

• SideSteppinMom
    replied
    Originally posted by wyo_rose
    I like that idea! I know at my graduation I had fun taking picutes "behind the scenes". What great memories!

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    Anything with Class of 2005 on it!

It was so cool when we graduated (from 8th grade), one of our friends made us all simple beaded necklaces and earrings. I still have mine and it sure takes me back.

Nowadays I usually give out cash, and jewelry for the girls or money clips for the guys.
    Last edited by wyo_rose; 05-11-2005, 01:45 PM. Reason: comma keeps jumping around on me

Leave a comment:

• bushy_braids
    replied
    books and journals are great ideas - i've recieved 'em and have given many and i like the idea of writing an inspirational/encouragining message.
    i think pesonalized gifts are the best! my sis got me a lil' storage box/jewelry box w/my graduation announcement enclosed (on the top) and my name engraved inside - it was SOOO cool and def one of my fav gifts! stores like "things remembered" have tons of things to personalize, check out their website - even if it's just a keychain or something, it's quite memorable!
    good luck huntin' stuff down!

Leave a comment:

• SideSteppinMom
    replied
    Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy
    My niece graduated last year and I got her an expensive shawl (she had been looking at for while) and gave her some money. Okay, a couple hundred dollars. She was the first to graduate, out of all my nieces, she made the Whos who in school list as getting college credits in school and she graduated early as well. Now she is in college, and I am very proud of her.
    My oldest niece will be graduating next year...I already get teary eyed just thinking about it, I am so proud of her. Anyways for the past year maybe two years I have been really thinking about what to get her. Definately a Pendelton Blanket and I may make her a new beaded outfit....still don't know what kind of design because I'm still thinking of a design for my new one.

Thanks for your responses. I really appreciate them.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X