Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to share ideas on dealing with kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez Annie Fawn dude, you are starting to talk as much as that other AF dude. Must be cause of the AF part. Oh my god. Just kiddin Angel.

Comment

Originally posted by badmaninc
      Geez Annie Fawn dude, you are starting to talk as much as that other AF dude. Must be cause of the AF part. Oh my god. Just kiddin Angel.

dont start stalkin me Bad... In have Knives and guns... LMAO j.k

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

Comment

It's just cracking me up how he's calling all the ladies dude ROFLMAO!!

Honestly you guys don't want alot of my advice on how to deal with kids, and how I raise my kid you can't raise a foster kid that way. As stated before, my kid is ADHD with a touch of oppositional defiance disorder and we've had to up her ADHD drugs twice now cause if she's not on em.. she does things like direct traffic and take rides from strangers or squeeze baby guinea pigs to death and butter entire loaves of bread. I'm told all I can be is patient, consistant and keep up that semblance of being the alpha female around here... I try the reasoning route, then the stern voice with consequence route , but always have to end up yelling loudly (not often angrily) to get this kids' attention and motivate her. Since she's my first and only, anyone got a clue as to WHY they make you get to that final straw point? I can remember doing it myself as a kid but lord knows I can't remember why I did it....
        Man I was getting really creative on getting her up for school, dressing herself and motivating her to go for awhile there, but it quit working. Like for a week there we were pretending she was on a sports challenge game show called, "the Backscratch Challenge". For completing a task in a certain amount of time, she would recieve so many minutes of me scratching her back (one of my last usable bribes). The show was complete with minute by minute accounts and background cheering from the "audience". Like I said, it worked for a week and then she was like... forget it! Back to threatening this or that to get her up... and my mom thought I was hard headed.
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by badmaninc
          She talks way more than AF does, dude. AF, lub ya gurl! Big Hugs.
          90% Angel
          10% Lil Devil

But I've been told it's the other way around!

Comment

Originally posted by **jdazmum**
            I have an idea???? NEVER, NEVER LEAVE ANY MARKERS OR SCISSORS LAYING AROUND!! even if they are washable. I've had enough of them, now I put them on the top shelves in my closet. LOL!
            I think the best thing is to lock the kids in the trunk of your car. You can't hear 'em too much from there and you can be sure of where they are all the time.
            believe in yourself

Comment

Originally posted by ~pathwalker~
              She talks way more than AF does, dude. AF, lub ya gurl! Big Hugs.

gwaa he baks off begs and starts on me.. Gwaasssshhh... Need friends eh BM? LOL....the funny thing tho PW... hes more long winded and complains more than all of us on this site put together. And well too Bad FF isnt here to teach him chat skills.. LMAO DUDE your Lackin!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
                It's just cracking me up how he's calling all the ladies dude ROFLMAO!!

Honestly you guys don't want alot of my advice on how to deal with kids, and how I raise my kid you can't raise a foster kid that way. As stated before, my kid is ADHD with a touch of oppositional defiance disorder and we've had to up her ADHD drugs twice now cause if she's not on em.. she does things like direct traffic and take rides from strangers or squeeze baby guinea pigs to death and butter entire loaves of bread. I'm told all I can be is patient, consistant and keep up that semblance of being the alpha female around here... I try the reasoning route, then the stern voice with consequence route , but always have to end up yelling loudly (not often angrily) to get this kids' attention and motivate her. Since she's my first and only, anyone got a clue as to WHY they make you get to that final straw point? I can remember doing it myself as a kid but lord knows I can't remember why I did it....
                Man I was getting really creative on getting her up for school, dressing herself and motivating her to go for awhile there, but it quit working. Like for a week there we were pretending she was on a sports challenge game show called, "the Backscratch Challenge". For completing a task in a certain amount of time, she would recieve so many minutes of me scratching her back (one of my last usable bribes). The show was complete with minute by minute accounts and background cheering from the "audience". Like I said, it worked for a week and then she was like... forget it! Back to threatening this or that to get her up... and my mom thought I was hard headed.
                Whatever you do DON'T let them put her on Adderall! I had a foster son come into my home on that stuff that had severe ADHD and at 14 and 5'1 he was only 79 pounds and constantly sleepy! That stuff is a weight loss and sleeping drug along with being used for ADHD. I had my dr. change him to Concerta and when I could get him to swollow it instead of spitting it at me it worked.
                I know another kid that sounds like your daughter and they put him on a mild sleeping pill for the day time as well as a heavier one for night time and it seems to be helping according to his counslers. Not sure I like the idea of it though. Too much druging going on in his case.
                Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelFeather
                  gwaa he baks off begs and starts on me.. Gwaasssshhh... Need friends eh BM? LOL....the funny thing tho PW... hes more long winded and complains more than all of us on this site put together. And well too Bad FF isnt here to teach him chat skills.. LMAO DUDE your Lackin!!

lol AF...Bad likes me likes me remember.. I miss FF too, gotta find a new wrestling coach

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
                  When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

dont start stalkin me Bad... In have Knives and guns... LMAO j.k
                    AF you sound like my kind of person! Knives and guns! We have those plus our bows. All locked up out of reach of course, exept for the 38 I carry at all times.
                    Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Eyed Gurl
                      lol AF...Bad likes me likes me remember.. I miss FF too, gotta find a new wrestling coach

LOL BEGS better you than me girl..

yeah not same without FF fer sure..

Comment

Best advice I can give is to talk to your children every day! Communication is SO important! If your child has a problem or is acting out, giving you attitude, whatever...there is definately something going on in thier mind. Best to open up to them and listen first....hopefully with time they will learn to talk about things bothering them first before resorting to unacceptable behavior.

I got an eye-opener the other week from my daughter. She was so upset because my bf would sometimes touch me and I would jokingly say...don't touch me! and she took it as I absolutely did NOT want him touching me. So when we talked about it she said...you and my dad always tell me to never let anyone touch me...and to tell them NO, etc....and NO means NO!....and he does that to you and I don't like it because you tell him no and he laughs or does it again. she said...

So...in your child's mind...they may be seeing a situation totally different than what you are doing or saying!

I only have one child...and she's not a teenager yet....LOL I'll keep some of these ideas in mind though LOL ;)

Comment

LOL BEGS better you than me girl..

yeah not same without FF fer sure..
                          I could of SWORN, I saw him in the hubz last week? Weird?
                          90% Angel
                          10% Lil Devil

But I've been told it's the other way around!

Comment

The best punishment I have ever seen for throwing rice in the cafeteria:
                            The teacher bought a 5lb bag of uncooked rice. Each of the two boys had to arrange the rice in large spirals on the floor. Each tier of the spiral had to be exactly 3/8" from the previous spiral, and the full spiral was 8 feet square. It took them about 6 hours after school, for 3 days! The teacher even measured and made them start over a couple of times!
                            A tater tot is worth a thousand fries.

Comment

Originally posted by ~pathwalker~
                              I could of SWORN, I saw him in the hubz last week? Weird?

IT WAS A MIRAGE*SP?...LOL...U WERE HALLUCINATING...ALL THOSE NDN HERBS..

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
                              When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

and Shamanistic tendencies! FF was 'conjured' up!!!! or was it just a spirit??

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.