scabies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scabies

Do you all know what this is? What would you do? Our group recently went to a powwow, well 3-4 weeks ago, cannot say the name of the powwow without mad slander and people mad at me and our group, but we'll just say it was a powwow, and the place we stayed was extremely filthy, and 2 people in our group came up with scabies. How would you handle this situation? Would you all go to the person(s) that put on the powoww? Would you be upset? Take this into thought...... one of the persons who got the scabies is a 4 year old child?????!!!!!!!!!
    What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!

NativeGal,

I'm very sorry to hear of the unfortunate event (I think I was at the Pow Wow you are talking about). You have every right to be upset. To say where the blame lies is difficult to "point one finger". You could say that a good deal of blame should fall on the shoulders of the Hotel Management and keeping a clean facility. And yes, you could say a portion of the blame should fall on the shoulders of the Pow Wow Committee. However, be careful and tread lightly! One can never assume things in a case like this.

I would definitely mention this (or have mentioned this) to the Hotel Management and the Pow Wow Committee. No one should treat their guest/host to such an event where they do not want to return.....That is bad buisness for all. I'm not exactly sure on "Rights & Rules" for the customer at the Hotels, but I'm sure someone has got to be aware of this matter. If not, whose to say that others won't have the same thing happen to them. Also, if it is brought to their attention, then they can do something before it spreads. As far as it relates to the Committee, this puts them "in the know" of what to be aware of for the future. They may not have known and or never heard anything bad of the hotel.

Whenever you are dissatisfied after visiting someone's home, if they want you to come back, usually they'll make changes!
    To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

I agree, and I'd take it one step further and report that hotel to the local Board of Health. They should be aware that this contagious disease is being spread at that facility.
      I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

I am about to give myself away, but it actually was at the log cabin that we were put in that is the tribe's cabin!!??!!??

No LSS it wasn't the NC powwow, it was one right before that.
        I am just afraid, cause anyone that knows me will tell you that I am the type that will just tell you off, that I will word it wrong, I am just so blunt and to the point.
        What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nativegal
          I am about to give myself away, but it actually was at the log cabin that we were put in that is the tribe's cabin!!??!!??

No LSS it wasn't the NC powwow, it was one right before that.
          I am just afraid, cause anyone that knows me will tell you that I am the type that will just tell you off, that I will word it wrong, I am just so blunt and to the point.
          I believe I've been around you enough to know a bit of and about you.
          To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!

Comment

Get treatment for everyone affected and if you decide to go back next year - decline any lodgings provided and camp.

If they ask why - tell them.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.