A Safe Place for Q's & A's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Safe Place for Q's & A's.

I thought we needed a place where ALL Q's & A's could be discussed in a construtive way. Where we don't feel like this for it . It could be about any issue. It's perfectly understandable if you get pissed about something you don't agree with so think before replying. The point is to help here, not hurt. Got enough of that!
    Last edited by little bird; 07-15-2005, 07:20 PM.
    "Riches from the heart can not be stolen."

I want to know WHY I'm the one that has to pay to have the carpet cleaned, when I'm the only one that has common sense enough to know not to put my drinks on the floor to get knocked over? I also want to know WHY am I the one that has to pay the vet bill when she's your dog too?

Comment

Hi LW, How is she doing and when is she due?
      You shouldnt have to, the one that knocked it over or put it down there should have too!
      90% Angel
      10% Lil Devil

But I've been told it's the other way around!

Comment

Good Thread Little Bird! Knew Dog help!

My question is:

My husband just got back a couple of days ago from a field problem(military) & he decided to buy the kids a dog. My neighbor was selling her German Shepard mix (beautiful dog) for $100.00

Now I was against the idea of getting a knew dog.We had one the kids all agreed,Mom we will help,we will walk the dog.People with kids you guys know how it goes. So we pay half for the dog this pay period,only to find out.....the dog came from the Humane Society (good place to get a dog) from a litter of abused pups. I just found that out.We all did.The dog is big to be a pup,he is also very agressive when he wants to play. He will chase the kids outside & when he catches up to them knock them down & lock his jaw. I don't think he wants to hurt them but I'm not willing to take that chance as well.

Her children were afraid of the dog (we later found out) they were telling us how the dog scared them,would pounce on them & bite from time to time. I wish I would have known this before hand. He is soooo pretty guys & I feel bad for the little guy but I have to look after the safety of my kids first. My husband told her today you can keep the money but we can't keep the dog he had my one year old pinned to the ground.Our neighbor told us that she would have to talk to her husband first (he is in Iraq)& they would let us know if they wanted him back or not. Help,what do I do. I wanna take him to the humane society. Usually when animals are abused you can't adopt them out,especially if you have kids. I'm surprised they let them adopt him in the 1st place.

Any advice from Dog owners greatly needed.
        "Don't worry what other people think, besides they don't do it very often

Comment

Hey ray, try obedience training; your vet should be able to recommend someone good. I would talk to the vet and see if there is any advice, too. I worked at the humane society for over a year and dealt with abandoned dogs all the time, but not all dogs from there are generally abused. Sometimes they are just neglected or the family cannot keep it anymore or whatever. Lots of reasons. I adopted my little girl from there; she was brought in with a litter of newborn pups and was fostered by a great woman whose primary role is to foster newborn pups and kittens; anyway, when my dog was old enough, she was adopted out and returned 6 months later. My son spotted her one day and we adopted her. She was abused, but her reaction was to pee everywhere when she was scared. It took a long time, but she finally trusts us and knows we won't hurt her; she finally barks now, but only when someone knocks on the door, or when she is playing with her brother, our cat. She rarely pees anymore and is a great dog! We have had her 4 years now and she is my little girl. It takes patience and time to help a dog who has been hurt. He may not have been abused, though; it could just be a behavioral problem. My folks had a shephard who was like that. They got him when he was a pup, so he was not ever abused, and my family loves animals too much. (they had 9 dogs once!) Anyway, he was a little nutty and would sometimes snap for no reason or become aggressive. He went after my younger sister several years ago, and my sister did not do anything to him. (my sister is 32) He was just a little looney!

Anyway, I would talk to the vet and see what they say and look into obedience training.
          Sorry for the long spiel, but I hope it helps!

Comment

ok, I gotta question.....I have read about a "49" thread or whatever. Is it the chat? Where is it? Am I the only one who does not know??? duuuuhhhhhhhh

thanks!

p.s. not being sarcastic; inquiring minds really want to know..........

Comment

Hey PW, you are right and I am right but you see, "We have common sense." Oh, how I wish to be single again. It doesn't even look like a female lives here anymore only in the bedroom. I'm still on partial strike here !!!.... About the dog, yipes! Sorry, but I'd have to get rid it for the safelty of the children..

Comment

WHERE DO THESE GINORMOUS MOTHES HANGOUT??...I HAVE NEVER SEEN MOTHES THAT BIG In MAH WHOLE FREAKIN LIFE!!...I WAS FREAKIN OUT ALL NITE...SH!!!T...ALMOST ENUFF TO GIVE ME NIGHTMARES
                Last edited by *Brown Eyed Gurl*; 07-17-2005, 10:34 PM.

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
                When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

Thanks every body

Thanks Natureluver & Little Wolf for the advice. I think Natureluver I'm gonna have to get rid of the dog. (Sigh) I go to school full time.manage a house filled with kids & my husband is leaving again .

The dog is too agressive. I think I'm kinda scared. I hate to see him go but the orginial owner said that she would take him back. I keep telling everyone in the house when the time comes to have a dog we will. Great advice though thanks.

I would like to know what the 49 thread is to? Natureluver your not alone with that thought.I have heard of it but have yet to see it.

Awww Little Wolf I hope things get better for you. I understand your frustration. I had the rule when we first moved in our knew house on post. No drinking or eating in the rooms because of spots. That went right out the window. I have a shampooer but It's not like getting them proffessionaly cleaned,besides the kool-aid stains are not coming out. I wish folks here realized I'm not the only one who lives here.

Brown Eyed Gurl, we used to have moths down here that were really bad.Soon as you open the door in they flew.Now we just have to deal with the Mosquitos (sp) & The West Nile Virus they bring.
                  "Don't worry what other people think, besides they don't do it very often

Comment

just wondering...

Where is our 2005 powwows.com ruling Princess ?
                    Thought it was Angel P. (don't know her user id)...does she ever post anything on this forum?
                    I love that song, let's turn the music up!

Smilies is not my 1st Language

Comment

From what I had seen when she won, she hadn't made a single post anywhere. Dont know if she has since but I havent seen her. I'm sorry, but I still think it should of been Summer.
                      90% Angel
                      10% Lil Devil

Comment

Originally posted by ~pathwalker~
                        I'm sorry, but I still think it should of been Summer.
                        I agree with ya!

Comment

Originally posted by ~pathwalker~
                          From what I had seen when she won, she hadn't made a single post anywhere. Dont know if she has since but I havent seen her. I'm sorry, but I still think it should of been Summer.

Indeed... Summer Summer Summer.... hehe... shes a sweety and fun to talk to and she represents..She a princess in my eyes..

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by natureluvr
                            ok, I gotta question.....I have read about a "49" thread or whatever. Is it the chat? Where is it? Am I the only one who does not know??? duuuuhhhhhhhh

thanks!

p.s. not being sarcastic; inquiring minds really want to know..........
                            Are you near where Emily is supposed to hit?
                            Do you see something in the forum list that says permission form for the 49 under rec room I think. Click on that and fill it out. You have to have permission to post in the 49. (no one under 18 allowed.) I hope that helps But if you blush EZ you may want to skip it!
                            90% Angel
                            10% Lil Devil

Comment

Aww...you guys are so sweet...thanks
                              ~*PowWows.com Princess 2006-2007*~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.