• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kneegrow_native
    whip cream is better
    • Mar 2002

BBQ'n

Any BBQ fans out there?

What do you prefer? Charcoal, wood, gas?

Pork, beef, chicken, vegetables?

I cheat and use a gas grill with a foil pack of applewood and mesquite for smoke. Salmon, pork ribs and chicken often find themselves cookin on my grill.
    It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.
  • Numunu1971
    a.k.a Numunu1971
    • Apr 2004

Bbq

I like Charcoal...it has a better flavor, with a little mesquite wood for smoke. I got a gas grill for quick bbq, but if I have time, I like charcoal.
    I like pork steaks with bbq sauce. Around here we use Head Country BBQ sauce.
    I like chicken breasts too. And while I'm waiting, a juicy Brat goes down good.....
    Last edited by Kio-Manche; 07-19-2005, 05:28 PM.
    Kio-Manche
    Oklahoma Proud!!!

Comment

• NDNKIDZ
      JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY
      • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Numunu1971
      I like Charcoal...it has a better flavor, with a little mesquite wood for smoke. I got a gas grill for quick bbq, but if I have time, I like charcoal.
      I like pork steaks with bbq sauce. Around here we use Head Country BBQ sauce.
      I like chicken breasts too. And while I'm waiting, a juicy Brat goes down good.....

got to love charcoal.. not a better flavor.. i was so surprised to learn years ago that pork steaks are a midwest thing..lol nothen better than porksteak with sweet baby rays sauce.. it even sticks to hot dogs..lol
      "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

• natureluvr
        Teen Dancer
        • Apr 2005

down here in Texas we use nothing but mesquite wood; brisket or fajitas are the best!!!

talk to anyone in Texas and they will tell you they have a secret marinade which makes their brisket more tender than anyone elses!!
        My secret marinade is no secret: overnight in beer and italian dressing................
        Last edited by natureluvr; 07-19-2005, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• andre
          Cratertot
          • Dec 2004

What do you prefer? Charcoal, wood, gas?

Yes, in that order! I will on occassion add some small pieces of wood for a quick smoke before my charcoal -- a little added flavour. Whoever invented charcoal lighter fluid ought to be shot for ruining so many meals....

Pork, beef, chicken, vegetables?

Usually beef and chicken. I personally am the only one who eats veges, so I do cucumbers, soaked corn on the cob, asparagus, and every now and again, tomatoes. Pork roasts about once a month, and I love Salmon!

I cheat and use a gas grill with a foil pack of applewood and mesquite for smoke.

Pretty good technique, you get an A- even though you're using gas... Course I guess I'd get a D right now, all I have available is gas.... Maybe I'll buy a hibatchi or something.
          A tater tot is worth a thousand fries.

Comment

• Singing Otter
            Gotz ta be me!
            • Apr 2000

lol I'm gettin' hungry!
            SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

• suzyq
              BELIEVER
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by natureluvr
              down here in Texas we use nothing but mesquite wood; brisket or fajitas are the best!!!

talk to anyone in Texas and they will tell you they have a secret marinade which makes their brisket more tender than anyone elses!!
              My secret marinade is no secret: overnight in beer and italian dressing................
              Girl you ain't ever lied!!!!!!! Mmmmmm the smell of mesquite, the flavor of mesquite. Fajitas!!!!!!!!!!! Steaks!!!!! Oh hell, I just like to eat!

Hubby loves to do dove breats stuffed with jalapeno & cheese and wrapped in bacon on the pit.

Chicken IS great marinated in Italian dressing.

Now you've made me hungry for BBQ!!!
              "I cannot think that we are useless or God would not have created us.
              There is one God looking down on us all. We are all the children of one God. The sun,
              the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say." **Geronimo

Comment

• natureluvr
                Teen Dancer
                • Apr 2005

I'm with ya, girl!!! This transplanted Yankee still claims Illinois as home, but I do love Texas barbecue!!!!

I don't think I could ever cook with charcoal ever again....................

Comment

• SLLove
                  Pow Wow Visitor
                  • Jul 2005

mmmmm

Did someone say....Barbeeeeee....cuueeee?

I guess I can only say we prefer charcoal...becuz we've never really tried the other ones......lol. but have always wondered if the gas grills are as good as using charcoal. lol

mmmmm......grilled burgers......and corn

Comment

• SLLove
                    Pow Wow Visitor
                    • Jul 2005

lol.......this reminds me of the movie.....THE LEGEND. lol
                    The one with Tom Cruise..............and Gump.

"you and me.......we're all barbeque.."

(=

Comment

• suzyq
                      BELIEVER
                      • Jan 2005

I keep trying to do beans on the pit, but they keep falling through the grill!!!
                      "I cannot think that we are useless or God would not have created us.
                      There is one God looking down on us all. We are all the children of one God. The sun,
                      the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say." **Geronimo

Comment

• natureluvr
                        Teen Dancer
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by suzyq
                        I keep trying to do beans on the pit, but they keep falling through the grill!!!

Comment

• kneegrow_native
                          whip cream is better
                          • Mar 2002

Originally posted by NDNKIDZ
                          lol nothen better than porksteak with sweet baby rays sauce.. it even sticks to hot dogs..lol

Man, I just discovered Sweet Baby Ray's sauce here a while back, man that stuff is pretty good. It is the preferred sauce at my house now.
                          It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

• injunboy
                            kitozudoto
                            • Apr 2002

i thought id try and use real mesquite wood to grill over. man it made my junk taste like trash. i do not recommend it. for whatever reason.

i use wood almost exclusively. mainly cause were surrounded by it and im the duke at making the perfect charcoals. its not even a test anymore.

the only thing gas is good for is heating water.
                            thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

• ChrissyRedhorn
                              Tiny Tot Dancer
                              • Aug 2004

What the heck is a pork steak??

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X