• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mato Winyan
    Lovin' life,
    • Mar 2000

Back when music was music.......60's,70's & 80's

In another thread started about the Doors a couple other bands were named...... I didn't want that to take away from it so I thought I would start this one so we could talk about the good old guys and gals that rocked our world back in the day.

Over in the other thread.......they mentioned Frank Zappa..... that reminded me of a poster my cuz had of him sitting on a toliet....... It was titled ........ PHI ZAPPA CRAPPA

Anyone rememer the kid band Gary and the Hornets?
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume
  • **jdazmum**
    PowWows.com Addicts
    • May 2004

I use to jam out to Def Leppard, AC/DC, Accept and Twisted Sister. LMAO. Those chizhii days! hahahaha
    Fall down 7 times, get up 8. MY FAMOUS WORDS.

Comment

• injunboy
      kitozudoto
      • Apr 2002

did you put your balls to the wall? haha,

who sang this song.?

one of these days, im gonna cut you into tiny little pieces.
      thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

• suzyq
        BELIEVER
        • Jan 2005

Enjoyed the songs of The Moving Sidewalks - better known as Tres Hombres - and better yet known as Z Z Top. They still to this day put on a dayum good concert.

BTO, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden just a few other good ones.

Ahhhh, the 70's - THEY ROCKED!!!
        "I cannot think that we are useless or God would not have created us.
        There is one God looking down on us all. We are all the children of one God. The sun,
        the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say." **Geronimo

Comment

• Mato Winyan
          Lovin' life,
          • Mar 2000

Oh man....... there for awhile my fav song was Highway to Hell......and fav group was Judas Priest..... *busts into.. * Livin after mid nite...........rockn' till the dawn...... lovin' till the mornin' then I'm gone........then I'm gone....

OH MY GOSH...............how could I forget........... Grand Funk Railroad ( that was before they were Grand Funk... )

Heyyyyy........ Mr. Limosine driver can I ask you a favor please....... let her in my door....... and don't look back here no mo' .... you know I can do it with ease......

Oh..... oh ......... oh ....... what about Blackfoot???

Ok.... I'll quit for a while.........

(can we say flashback??? )
          "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

• Blackbear
            Honey Connoissuer
            • Nov 2000

I hated most music from the 70's but loved the funk bands.. oh gimme some Pfunk, some Lakeside and Dazz Band ... cause you dropped a bomb on me.. baby.. you dropped a bomb on me!

80's before 85, the punk and the new wave stuff only.... well and some journey and def leppard behind closed doors. Late 80's started getting good with Jane's addiction, and Danzig and Butthole Surfers.... but as far as mainstream music goes, nothing tops the 90's. I could actually listen to a radio station then and enjoy it.
            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

• NDNKIDZ
              JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY
              • Jan 2002

I love all 70's music but mostly rock,, steve miller band is the best and still sounds good today..I have been to alot of concerts back in the day.. they just dont have concerts like that anymore..lol or is it im just getting older?.. hahhhah im thinking the last part is the problem... :D
              "finding your best friend in life and love is glorious"

Comment

• Winona
                Tiny Tot Dancer
                • Jun 2004

Rock and Roll Rules!
                I would guess they call what I like Classic Rock and Roll.. Oldies but goodies..
                Alabama
                AC/DC
                Creedence Clearwater
                Steve Miller
                The Stones
                Jackson Browne
                Bob Marley..Ok so he was not rock!
                Which one is Pink.... Floyd
                Too many to write!

Comment

• yooperbear
                  yooperbear
                  • Jul 2005

And don't forget
                  Bob Seger
                  BTO
                  The Eagle
                  the Doobie Brothers
                  Cat Stevens
                  Chicago

Comment

• 50cal
                    is lost in reality...
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by injunboy
                    did you put your balls to the wall? haha,

who sang this song.?

one of these days, im gonna cut you into tiny little pieces.
                    Accept did this little number....LOL!!!....I know cuz I still jam out to it every now and then......But hell yeah I jammed out to all these bands......Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Great White (cheezy), Metallica, RATT, WASP, (the gay guy, before I knew he was gay) Judas Priest (I'll be your Turbo Lover, what does this mean anyhow???.....Minuteman??? LOL!!!)... and the greatest CCR!!!! (for those that don't know, Creedence Clearwater Revival) I put a spell on you.....LOL!!!!
                    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

• 50cal
                      is lost in reality...
                      • Feb 2004

Also Journey, Boston, Billy Idol (white wedding, still the best...LOL!!).....PInk Floyd, AC/DC....and of course Jimi Hendrix.......
                      sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

• injunboy
                        kitozudoto
                        • Apr 2002

our local classic radio 93x plays metallica songs. i hear songs from the black album during their rotation. its weird because i dont consider that classic yet. that was my jams back in the day man!! sooo that means im gettin classic, damm.!!
                        thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

• chiznik
                          Tiny Tot Dancer
                          • Jul 2004

Don't forget about the Zep.
                          They sang about everything from heaven to the ocean.To being tramppled underfoot to flowers in your hair.
                          They were awesome.

Comment

• suzyq
                            BELIEVER
                            • Jan 2005

The Beatles......Elvis.....Michael Jackson......
                            "I cannot think that we are useless or God would not have created us.
                            There is one God looking down on us all. We are all the children of one God. The sun,
                            the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say." **Geronimo

Comment

• middle of the sky
                              M...O...T...to the S!
                              • Jul 2004

flashlight...... red light... neon light...

ow!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.