interpret/ share dreams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interpret/ share dreams?

would anyone like to help interpret /share a dream. I had one recently that woke me up during the night. Ok i dreamed that i heard a female voice in my ear calling daaad, it felt so real i felt the breath in my ear. I woke up and i could still hear it like someone was calling me at my door or window.

Originally posted by azshinob
    would anyone like to help interpret /share a dream. I had one recently that woke me up during the night. Ok i dreamed that i heard a female voice in my ear calling daaad, it felt so real i felt the breath in my ear. I woke up and i could still hear it like someone was calling me at my door or window.
    AZ, I'd have to have more details on your experience, like: Do you have daughters? Are they living? Are they in trouble? You know...etc...
    I had a dream I haven't been able to interpret yet. Usually I'm interpreting other peoples' dreams. For some reason I can't on this one. I'm at my friends house, she's cherokee. Were in the kitchen and all of a sudden, she runs to the side door to the car port. There's a big storm going on just in her driveway & she's trying to reach her son on the other side of the van. I yell out to her "Do you want some help?" She says "No, I can handle it." While she's outside, I look up and the ceiling disappears and becomes this beautiful meadow filled with tee-pee's & really nice tribe walking back and forth in peace doing the daily chores & stuff. I'm just watching and just as I'm thinkin' I wish I could be with them, a lady stops, looks down at me and smiles. She throws down to me a head band that has 7 or 8 single strands of beads the length of my hair that dangle down different parts of the band. then she throws down to me a small beaded purse that has a long strap so I can wear it lengthwise across my chest. Then she hands me a bow and arrows. I look up at her and she smiles and the visions gone. I wake up. Any ideas would be appreciated! I know the part about my friend, the storm, and her son. In real life, she got a devorce, her husband won't let her see her son (that's the storm. The car is between them which represents her husband. And her telling me that she can handle this herself means she don't want anyone else to be involved with this part of her life.). But I don't understand the rest.
    "Riches from the heart can not be stolen."

Comment

yeah i agree we need more info,...

i think this dream means that either u need to help a female person, or that female person needs your help. if you know what i mean. i would suggest that it is a relative blood or adopted but definitely female and younger. I will take a guess and say that she is still alive, but has a strong spirit (capable of travel), either that or your spirit is strong and capable of travel. don't know for sure but that's my guess.
      it's been a long time, shouldn't have left u.

Comment

here's my guess,...

Originally posted by little bird
        AZ, I'd have to have more details on your experience, like: Do you have daughters? Are they living? Are they in trouble? You know...etc...
        I had a dream I haven't been able to interpret yet. Usually I'm interpreting other peoples' dreams. For some reason I can't on this one. I'm at my friends house, she's cherokee. Were in the kitchen and all of a sudden, she runs to the side door to the car port. There's a big storm going on just in her driveway & she's trying to reach her son on the other side of the van. I yell out to her "Do you want some help?" She says "No, I can handle it." While she's outside, I look up and the ceiling disappears and becomes this beautiful meadow filled with tee-pee's & really nice tribe walking back and forth in peace doing the daily chores & stuff. I'm just watching and just as I'm thinkin' I wish I could be with them, a lady stops, looks down at me and smiles. She throws down to me a head band that has 7 or 8 single strands of beads the length of my hair that dangle down different parts of the band. then she throws down to me a small beaded purse that has a long strap so I can wear it lengthwise across my chest. Then she hands me a bow and arrows. I look up at her and she smiles and the visions gone. I wake up. Any ideas would be appreciated! I know the part about my friend, the storm, and her son. In real life, she got a devorce, her husband won't let her see her son (that's the storm. The car is between them which represents her husband. And her telling me that she can handle this herself means she don't want anyone else to be involved with this part of her life.). But I don't understand the rest.
        i think the house is a representation of you. it's seems your pretty stable and can give shelter to friends. i would think that the 'heaven/peacefulness' that u describe is something that you strive for or already have in your life. (it's not too far out of your reach) so u didn't recognize the woman who gave u the beads, purse, and bow and arrows? i would guess that it is a family spirit with abit of a warning. i would think that the beads, and the purse are gifts meant to adorn you, make u feel pretty, more confident maybe. but the gift of bow and arrows would indicate to me that there will be a need to protect yourself at sometime, maybe from the situation with the friend and her divorce. don't mean to scare you, it's just my guess.

Comment

now here's my dream

a preface: my oldest son almost died in a mva in march of this year. a good friend's son died of cancer just recently.

i can't remember the complete dream but the impression it left with me in the morning was sheer sadness. in the dream
          a very good friend of mine, and me have to complete preparations for a funeral. everyone keeps coming to me to ask
          what to do, to make decisions: the doctors, nurses, the mortuary, friends, etc. all through the dream i keep telling everyone
          that approaches me that my son is alive but they don't seem to hear me. i actually wake myself up and i am saying 'but my son
          is still alive'. i fall back to sleep and i'm in another house. actually it looks like the house of the son who died of cancer. again my
          good friend is with me, (she is the aunt of the young man who died of cancer) her father (his grandfather) is in the house and he
          is getting upset because he keeps losing things. he's saying things like 'i know i left it right here, now it's gone'. in the dream it
          felt like me and my friend were really young again, children maybe because we are kinda' freaked out by the way her father is
          acting. then all of a sudden a white plastic lawn chair that is sitting in a small hallway just levitates to the ceiling. me and my friend
          just smile at each other and say 'it's kendall' to her father. then i woke up.

usually i can interprete dreams but i can't do it for myself. any guesses?

Comment

Originally posted by biggurlbrain
            i think the house is a representation of you. it's seems your pretty stable and can give shelter to friends. i would think that the 'heaven/peacefulness' that u describe is something that you strive for or already have in your life. (it's not too far out of your reach) so u didn't recognize the woman who gave u the beads, purse, and bow and arrows? i would guess that it is a family spirit with abit of a warning. i would think that the beads, and the purse are gifts meant to adorn you, make u feel pretty, more confident maybe. but the gift of bow and arrows would indicate to me that there will be a need to protect yourself at sometime, maybe from the situation with the friend and her divorce. don't mean to scare you, it's just my guess.
            You should be careful how you interpret others dreams. You say the "beads and the purse are gifts meant to adorn you, make u feel pretty, more confident " the purse was mentioned to be a bag maybe worn lengthways across the chest..... that to me would give the possibility of a "medicine bag" and being worn over the heart.
            You also have to look at the bow and arrows in a balanced light.......... they not only were used for protection but also to gather food which would be a form of being self sufficient or meeting ones own basic needs.

The only reason I post here is to say that going into ones dreams without knowing them or the circumstances they are living in is a dangerous thing to mess with ..... not only for them but for yourself.
            "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Originally posted by Mato Winyan
              You should be careful how you interpret others dreams. You say the "beads and the purse are gifts meant to adorn you, make u feel pretty, more confident " the purse was mentioned to be a bag maybe worn lengthways across the chest..... that to me would give the possibility of a "medicine bag" and being worn over the heart.
              You also have to look at the bow and arrows in a balanced light.......... they not only were used for protection but also to gather food which would be a form of being self sufficient or meeting ones own basic needs.

The only reason I post here is to say that going into ones dreams without knowing them or the circumstances they are living in is a dangerous thing to mess with ..... not only for them but for yourself.
              I agree Mato... and the part about the bag being worn lengthways across the chest I got more the impression of like a bandolier bag... Overall I got the impression that the first partof the dream was exactly what little bird said it was.. but the second part sounds like your own brain telling you to not let it bother you yet, that when it's time that she needs you , you will have everything you need to help her and give comfort or support, maybe even celebration. But until she needs you, to not worry yourself sick and prepare for whatever it is she will actually need. You're probably telling yourself how to cope with your concerns for her.
              Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Are you married? Is your wife pregnant if so?
                Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
                  I agree Mato... and the part about the bag being worn lengthways across the chest I got more the impression of like a bandolier bag...
                  But isn't that for a guy...... and she's a girl?
                  "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

this is weird and simple. when i dream of my ex wearing this nice short black dress.. somebody close to her dies.

theres no real way of explaining this to her. i barely talk to her and if i spillled this junk, whoa i can only imagine the giggles later or some kind of knee jerk reaction.

so i let it go. its her deal anyway
                    thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

I had a dream about my mother 2 weeks ago. She died Dec. 7, 2004 and I am still trying to deal with it. I always ask questions. I still don't understand, but I am on the path. In my dream she was sitting in her chair and my whole family(the ones who watched her take her last breaths) were all sitting around her and smiling. I come in with my baby and just fell to her knees and started hugging her and ask her if she was here to stay. She told me no. She said she came to visit because I am the one with the most unanswered questions and she wanted to give me answers. So I ask about heaven and she told me that its the most beautiful place she has ever been and soon we will all be together. She explained that there is no time in heaven so she can wait. And she also said she is having a great time and she thanked all of us for letting her go. She is no longer suffering. She looked beautiful! She looked so young. This dream was amazing? I believe it was real.
                      Oh and another thing, I seem to always dream of tornadoes! What does that mean?
                      WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
                      Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Comment

i have dreamed about tornados before too, they are always dark in a light sky, no rain or anything else... i have never been able to put any meaning to them either...
                        90% Angel
                        10% Lil Devil

But I've been told it's the other way around!

Comment

Last edited by Brisa26; 04-13-2008, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisa26
                            I've been having this one dream for three years now (no, not every night silly, but frequently):
                            I'm putting on my outfit because I'm getting ready to dance with my family... I go through all the motions, setting everything out on the seat of my dad's van. At first I take my time but by the time I get my cuffs and earrings on, I know I'm running late. I jump out, shut the door and look around (the location always differs) I can hear the drumming, but can't see where the dancing is taking place. All I know is I have to hurry and join my Fam. ........after that, the rest of my dream consists of me trying to find them.

.......There's another version of this dream in which I arrive with my family to the house/hotel/camp where we will be spending the night, settle in but for one reason or another I leave the room and can never find it again? The whole thing becomes like a maze.....
                            sound like u miss your family, r u far away from them geographically?

Comment

Some people

Originally posted by injunboy
                              this is weird and simple. when i dream of my ex wearing this nice short black dress.. somebody close to her dies.

theres no real way of explaining this to her. i barely talk to her and if i spillled this junk, whoa i can only imagine the giggles later or some kind of knee jerk reaction.

so i let it go. its her deal anyway
                              just have a gift!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.