Hard Times...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Times...

All of us, and probably all of us (being native), went through hard times some way. Take me for example, currently, I don't have a home(my friends), my parents are addicts(drugs&alcohol), and food comes rationed. I was wonderin about other people's hard times? How you got around it and survived from it.

Faith and hope...knowing that while may be these are hard times, but better times are coming.

Knowing this has kept me from getting into a bad way, and staying there.

It will get better, bro - have faith.
    Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

I try to look ahead to all the good things that are going to happen for me & also keeping in mind that the Great Spirit is beside me every step of the way.

My family is all screwed up too & so are my friends. My dad is on drugs bad! And all he cares about is going out here & making babies with every possible young female. So we don't even communicate. Me & my mom are constantly getting into arguments over little things. And my friends, WOW! All they care about is having sex, doing drugs & drinking alcohol everyday. The only person living here with me that I can really turn to is my grandma.

So I try to put all those bad & irritating things way in the back of my mind and just pray & focus on looking forward.
      Never Hurt The Heart That Luvs You

Comment

Prayer. Lots and lots of prayer. Surround yourself with the positive and get rid of what you don't need. It hurt while I was going through it (figuratively and literally)... but I made it. And I'm stronger for it. Catching hell helps you put things into perspective real quick. Some folks learn from it, some folks don't. When you overcome you'll look back and be proud that you made it. Dude I can tell you some stories ya heard?! lol but now things are much better. I'm doing well now and I don't take any of it for granted. Stay strong, your time's coming.
        SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

I'm only 26- but boy I have seen some isht. Things always get worse before they get better. Both my parents were str8 violent alcoholics. And I remember thinking damn, why? My pops ain't straighten up until he started getting sick-I was 12 when we actually started getting to know each other- and then he died when I was 15. My mother use to leave the 3 of us alone all the time and come home 3 in the morning, pulling us out of bed threatening to kill her self. She would line all the knives and her pill bottles up on the kitchen table and just yell and scream, punch and slap- then start crying. It got to a point when she would threaten suicide, and we'd all be thinking "Then just do it"- just cuz we didn't want to go thru it anymore. The part that hurt the most was that she'd blame us for her unhappiness. But as crazy as it sounds- if it weren't for those really messed up times, I wouldn't be as strong as I am today.

Comment

I grew up like everybody else. My parents drank too much, they fought and everything. I have a job where people who if I don't like I can send back to jail. Seriously, if you want to make it anywhere in life, don't use the struggles or difficulties you have now to make it alright to quit and accept your life. I speak with many offenders and parolees I work with who are like me: First Nation. I shared many similar experiences similar to theirs and I became a parole officer. Learn from the stressors in your life and always remember your difficulties. Don't wallow in them.

Comment

i agree

Originally posted by Singing Otter
              Prayer. Lots and lots of prayer. Surround yourself with the positive and get rid of what you don't need. It hurt while I was going through it (figuratively and literally)... but I made it. And I'm stronger for it. Catching hell helps you put things into perspective real quick. Some folks learn from it, some folks don't. When you overcome you'll look back and be proud that you made it. Dude I can tell you some stories ya heard?! lol but now things are much better. I'm doing well now and I don't take any of it for granted. Stay strong, your time's coming.
              surround yourself with positive
              believe in yourself
              have faith
              and
              fight for your right to live your 'life'
              stay strong
              we send you strength to help you through
              Inuk*

"A person who works with their hands is a laborer,
              A person who works with their hands & their brain is a craftsman,
              A person who works with their brain & their heart ... is an Artist".
              Join my on my face book fan page:

Comment

D'ya mean that this is not normal? I see it every day. Not at home, but all around me. I thought it was just everday life. People just cope with it. If you get lemons, make lemonade.

What is normal?

Comment

Oh yeah. I read some where that there was a recession going on. That we are going through hard times. What ta hell is a recession? D'ya mean that times are going to get hard for me? Really. I think I can deal with it. I'll just go hawk this computer an some other stuff and buy some flour, bakin' powder, salt, baloney, oatmeal,..... y'know the essential stuff.

Then I'll cry about it offline. To my buddies.

Comment

You need big shoulders to lean on and lean on hard - and from what I've seen from just about everyone here - there are some mighty big shoulders here! I learned a long time ago when I finally got sober that you have to have friends to help get you through anything. At first I was ashamed of what I had become and was taught that I AM #1 in MY LIFE for now and when I get that in line, everthing else will follow. But you can't take on any problems alone. You have to let it all out and your friends can help you through anything (you'd be surprised as to how much better you feel after you let it all hang out). BUT, you do have to have faith and have a positive attitude that things will get better and they will. I am who I am today because I never gave up.

KEEP THE FAITH and BE POSITIVE!!!
                    You are in my prayers ~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "I cannot think that we are useless or God would not have created us.
                    There is one God looking down on us all. We are all the children of one God. The sun,
                    the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say." **Geronimo

Comment

Originally posted by suzyq
                      I learned a long time ago when I finally got sober that you have to have friends to help get you through anything. At first I was ashamed of what I had become and was taught that I AM #1 in MY LIFE for now and when I get that in line, everthing else will follow. ~~
                      Exactly. Aaron doesn't really need us. He doesn't really need his computer.

Computers are fun. Someplace he can blow off steam. Someplace he can get a good chuckle now & then. Someplace to learn some stuff. If he really truly is going through hard times, he'll get through it fine without it. Without us.

What he really needs is a job and somebody to talk to. Get out there young fellow and do it.

Believe me, you ain't really seen hard times, yet. There doesn't have to be a "yet" . You have to do shyt for your self.

I know.

Comment

I believe that if you feel it's a hard time in your life.....then it is. No one hard time is worse than the other if it's affecting you at the time. I'm one of the "lucky" ones. My mom was straight up hardcore. She wanted to know where I was, with who, how long I would be there, what we were doing when we got there, and what damn time I would be home. If I even THOUGHT about leaving there, I had to call her and let her know where I would be going next. I'm serious, and she would call there just to prove to me that she was serious. But I consider myself really lucky. B/C in college I got into the partying and being free and I partied my AZZ off and made some BAD decisions. But b/c of my mom, I grew up and grew out of that lifestyle. I still have fun today, but I feel lucky that I'm not letting outside influences ruin my life. I'm married, happy, have a good job. And you will too Aaron. Just don't let yourself feel like things are hopeless, b/c they're not. They're so not. When you get past the bad and you make it on your own without the help of your parents or other family, you'll be surprised you did it, but proud that you did. One word of advice, if you decide to get out of there, don't let them put you down, or talk you out of it. DO IT. Too many families who are alcoholics/drug addicts try to bring their kids or other family members down by making them feel guilty for leaving or saying..."oh he acts like he's too good". Well the truth of the matter is, "Yeah, he IS too good to let himself live like that". Just remember that. You're not tryin to be better than them, you're just too good to do those bad things to yourself. And there's nothing wrong with wanting to leave a lifestyle like that. Good luck to you.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

Yeah, just do it.

Comment

The way I get through hard times is knowing that every year is different. The only constant in life is change. It might be hard times now but at this same time next year you could be living a good life. My mom is an alcoholic and currently serving time for DUIs (plural) and is still able to make me feel guilty for not helping her out more. As if all the help in the world is gonna make up for the fact that she drank her life away. I almost went the same way and made the worst decisions before I made a good one to get back into school and get my bachelors and now masters. Now I am working for my tribe and I love it. I still have some hard times but I know I'm way better off then others and I appreciate everything I have because I worked hard for it.
                            We will be known forever by the tracks we leave..Dakota leader.

Comment

We have to experience the hard times to really appreciate the good times when they come....when I face trials, I am thankful, because I know that I will make it thru. Those harder times have made me the person I am today - I feel blessed.

The thing to remember is this, as my preacher would say...Everyone has dips in the valley - and dark times - EVERYONE! The difference is not camping in the dark times, moving the obstacles out of your way to see the sunshine! Don't wallow in the bad - strive and make waves to bring out the good.

That is what faith and hope will do for you...
                              Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X