WWE Tatanka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE Tatanka

OMG.... you guys seen how he's been promoting himself lately????? He's been announced as being Lumbee but his last few promotions have been him being the next famous Lakota warrior and tonight they were talking about Inipi and showing the sweatlodge and him "emerging" to take on the roll of the next great warrior...even putting him and Crazy Horse together in the same league! WTF?????? I was happy to see him back in action till this ****!
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Ok so now I find this on a wrestling site... anyone know if it's true?

On the April 28, 2006 SmackDown!, it was announced that a new warrior would soon be forged in Tatanka. Apparently next week, Tatanka will be initiated into the Lakota tribe, which is a huge honor.
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

where did u read this bear

i havent seen tatanka in the papers? course i dont read the paper too much i dont dont really read the internet much

i did see him on wwe a few times he is such a tard i swear he needs someone to ask him to just ~>stop making us look bad

:::::::::: i was never a tatanka fan::::::::: even when he first started iz like Noooooo
      lol
      so where can i read this at !!! i wanna read it
      187TatankaOyate..KingBird..DakotahHotaine..
      ..MidniteExpress'..HighLife..

..BuffaloHorse
      ..Eyabay..BattleCreek..
      BlazingSaddles..wHIteHorse

CitieHigh..BlackBearCrossing..CederCreek..
      ChinikiLake..TimberLand..TBZ..BadNation

..Estayapi..Mandaree..BLACKSTONE ..HIGHNOON..
      LakeVermillion..LittleOtter..RedBull*..LynxClan

**Sizzortail..BearCreek..WildROse..cOzad..GtO..

LynxClan..N0rtheRnCree..Tatae`Topaw..MeskwakiNatio n..
      StoneyCreek..BlackLodge..YngKingbird..
      Oyatae..

Eva-Hey Nakota
      ..RockyBoyRamblers..PonemahRamblerz..
      CumberLand.wildHorse..oGiidakii..SmokeyTown..
      NorthernWInd ojibwe plainz
      RIP lil brother

Comment

BB, I know for a fact that he is Lumbee, his parents grew up with my parents and me and his brother were friends when we were in our early 20's. I even babysat his older daughter. I never see wrestling at night because I am asleep but all that is probably some promotional gimmicks. You have to realize he does all that stuff for publicity. In person he is a great man, with a wonderful family!
        Becky B.

Comment

I have seen "Tatanka the Warrior" on the wrestling TV long time ago.

He lost is wrestling offen because of giant guys and other smart bad wrestlers.

So, he quit his wrestling....

I hope he's back and kick wrestler's BUTT soon!!!!!
          Visit my Website & Forums: Native American & Cherokee Cultural Community. If you're interest it, sign up, feel free and hope to see you on the boards!

Comment

Originally posted by White Eagle
            I have seen "Tatanka the Warrior" on the wrestling TV long time ago.

He lost is wrestling offen because of giant guys and other smart bad wrestlers.

So, he quit his wrestling....

I hope he's back and kick wrestler's BUTT soon!!!!!
            You sure you remember seeing him wrestle? I ask because he had a 2 year undefeated streak and quit wrestling because he was working 300 days a year and wanted to spend more time with his family and "getting back to God".

NDNQT-- yeah I know he's lumbee.. I had said that I thought. And they've even announced him as that. But Gimmick or not, there's just stuff you know better than to use as a gimmick like spiritual stuff.... especially another tribes spirituality.

Shorty--http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/tatanka/

There is a link there of the "ceremony".

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
              NDNQT-- yeah I know he's lumbee.. I had said that I thought. And they've even announced him as that. But Gimmick or not, there's just stuff you know better than to use as a gimmick like spiritual stuff.... especially another tribes spirituality.

i completely agree with u...he can be lumbee every and twice on sunday but common sense should tell him not to use spirituality to promote wutever character he plays on tv...and frankly...i'm wuz never a fan of his but would sometimes watch the matches with my brother...but now reading that he claims to be "initiated" like its a effin gang into the lakota nation, i will make sure i will not support wwe in any way shape or form...thanxs BB for putting it up here...
              "would u like to lick the frybread greaze off of my lippz??"

check out - http://www.iGive.com/porcupineclinic

Comment

i see you rpoint.

but who cares? Ultimate Dragon and Rey Mysterio could so kick his @$$... and that is all that matters lol
                Even YOU can change!

Comment

You sure you remember seeing him wrestle? I ask because he had a 2 year undefeated streak and quit wrestling because he was working 300 days a year and wanted to spend more time with his family and "getting back to God".

Oh, I didn't know that.

Thanks for let me know about him and his family.

That's very important to take care of his family.
                  Visit my Website & Forums: Native American & Cherokee Cultural Community. If you're interest it, sign up, feel free and hope to see you on the boards!

Comment

Originally posted by sunbursthonor
                    i see you rpoint.

but who cares? Ultimate Dragon and Rey Mysterio could so kick his @$$... and that is all that matters lol
                    And where the hell has Ultimate Dragon been lately? He can't kick an *** if he's not around can he? LOL!!! I'm waiting for the return of Batista! That man makes me drool... and yes my husband knows that...

But seriously... does anyone even know who these guys in the video are? Are they like Legit or sellouts or what? The guy who was doing this with him was Errol Medicine.

Comment

I can kick anyone of those guys a**es.

They might beat the hell outta me later but I could at least say I kicked their butts.

Comment

OMG.... you guys seen how he's been promoting himself lately????? He's been announced as being Lumbee but his last few promotions have been him being the next famous Lakota warrior and tonight they were talking about Inipi and showing the sweatlodge and him "emerging" to take on the roll of the next great warrior...even putting him and Crazy Horse together in the same league! WTF?????? I was happy to see him back in action till this ****!

WTF....where was this? I didn't even know he was creeping around again!! I know some people at home who would loooove to get ahold of this info....he is NOT Lakota, he tried that long time ago, and it failed then....
                        Ipsica Waci
                        Wicahpi Eyoyambya Olowan

Comment

Good Ole McMahon,

He really plays to the stereotypes... I think it backfired with that Hassan charachter he had though... yikes!
                          I know a former wrestler that's native, and he and every other skin I've seen wrestle had to buy into the stereotypes to make a name for themselves, which I hate. All war bonnets and war paint... give me a break... Don't get me wrong, I loved Strongbow and McDaniels, but hate the stereotypes thay had to buy in to to make it in the business.
                          Was watching Raw a few weeks ago and they brought out a "new" wrestler, Umaga, I watched him for like two minutes and realized it was Rakishi's brother (remember Jamal from Three Minute Warning?) I like that they're letting him be more true to where he actually comes from, but what is up with the Maori Impression with the (fake) face tattoos and the whole tounge thing, yet calling him Samoan... what won't they do to try and make a buck?
                          I became a singer because I love to sing... and to feed my addiction to cough drops!

Comment

maybe the question is ... just WHO are those lakota tribesmen and cheif who are "initiating" him into "their" tribe? what gives them the right to do this? that errol medicine and wiley, miles and justin miller ...

and thanks to the informative video clip ... with a generic explanation of a sweatlodge - any fanatic WWE watcher can build himself one in his back yard ..
                            Watch your broken dreams...
                            Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

Originally posted by RedShield
                              Good Ole McMahon,

He really plays to the stereotypes... I think it backfired with that Hassan charachter he had though... yikes!
                              No kidding that backfired! That guy from what I understand is not allowed to return to the WWE he was so unpopular.

I know a former wrestler that's native, and he and every other skin I've seen wrestle had to buy into the stereotypes to make a name for themselves, which I hate. All war bonnets and war paint... give me a break... Don't get me wrong, I loved Strongbow and McDaniels, but hate the stereotypes thay had to buy in to to make it in the business.
                              I know what you are talking about. I sat there and was talking to my hubby and saying, I don't know how that they can play into every stereotype and negative ones at that and get away with it... it's like they get no repercussions with the exception of Hussain.

Was watching Raw a few weeks ago and they brought out a "new" wrestler, Umaga, I watched him for like two minutes and realized it was Rakishi's brother (remember Jamal from Three Minute Warning?) I like that they're letting him be more true to where he actually comes from, but what is up with the Maori Impression with the (fake) face tattoos and the whole tounge thing, yet calling him Samoan... what won't they do to try and make a buck?
                              I knew that's who that was. He won't last long... that Estrada character is way too annoying and the wrestlers that come out as mindless beast personalities [like umaga]never seem to make it more than a couple of months.

Well Friday on Smackdown is going to be Tatanka's "initiation" .. Chazzif you are right.. but that's kinda what I was trying to ask. I can't find anything on this Errol Medicine guy on the web other than he makes medicine pouches for mint coins, is on the south dakota board of tourism (probably a clue there), and http://www.edwinddancer.com/testimonils.html
                              "Standing Rock Souix Tribe

I, Errol M. Medicine of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe - of the Hunkpapa band of Chief Gall's people - have the honor of creating a "Hanka - Making of Relative Ceremony" with Ed WindDancer of the Nanticoke Nation. I would like to say this about my brother Ed WindDancer, "If we all had a heart like him the world would be a better place to live.

Errol M. Medicine

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.