Chillin' and grillin'....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chillin' and grillin'....

That's what we're doing today.. . I made some kabobs(aren't those dang things done yet? the smell is killin' me )

.... what're you all up to??
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Nice day so I did some planting. Put in a butterfly flowerbed in the backyard, planted some blackeyed susans behind that for the wild canaries, planted what will be a forest of sunflowers along the front (cardinals will love that) - didn't get to the moonflower vines, if the weather holds maybe tomorrow.

...I'm wondering the same thing about where dinner is - can smell jambalaya cookin' in the kitchen. All that fresh air makes a body HONGRY!

Comment

Garden sounds great!! I wanna plant some flowers to but need some that don't need sun. They would be on the north side of the house with trees blocking some light.

Jumbalaya.... isn't that something with those little ugly crustaceans that some call craw dads in it?
      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Gumbo is more likely to have sea cockroaches in it, although jambalaya can as well. This particular batch is chicken and sausage.

Low light/north side? The plants listed at the bottom of this page should do well in Indiana : http://www.mastergardenproducts.com/..._the_shade.htm

Comment

now why yall picking on crawdads? their good eating

Comment

Hey .....wow. Thanks a lot for lookin it up for me

Comment

"You bring a line and I'll bring a pole crawdaddy diddly diddly diddly crawdad
              and we'll go fishin in the crawdad hole..crawdaddy diddly diddly diddly crawdad"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G
                "You bring a line and I'll bring a pole crawdaddy diddly diddly diddly crawdad
                and we'll go fishin in the crawdad hole..crawdaddy diddly diddly diddly crawdad"

Sittin' on the bank 'til my feet get cold, crawdaddy diddly diddly diddly crawdad
                Lookin' down that crawdad hole, crawdaddy diddly diddly diddly crawdad

... who has the next verse?

Comment

You get a line and I'll get a pole honey sweet thing
                  You get line and I'll get a pole babe
                  You get a line I'll get a pole
                  We'll go down to the crawdad hole
                  Honey baby mine

What you gonna do when the creek runs dry honey sweet thing
                  What you gonna do when the creek runs dry babe
                  What you gonna do when the creek runs dry
                  Sit on the bank and watch the crawdads die
                  Honey baby mine
                  [ organ ]
                  What you gonna do when the crawdads die honey
                  What you gonna do when the crawdads die babe
                  What you gonna do when the crawdads die
                  Sit on the bank until I cry
                  Honey baby mine

Stand on the corner with a dollar in my hand honey sweet thing
                  Stand on the corner with a dollar in my hand babe
                  Stand on the corner with a dollar in my hand
                  And wait for that crawdad man
                  Honey baby mine
                  [ guitar ]
                  You get a line and I'll get a pole honey sweet thing...

Comment

whats the deal with the pole a seine is alot faster

Comment

Crawdad

You get a line and I'll get a pole, honey
                      You get a line and I'll get a pole, babe
                      You get a line and I'll get a pole
                      We'll go down to the crawdad hole, honey, sugar baby mine.
                      We'll go fishing when the sun comes up...
                      Carry your bait in a big red cup

Row the boat to the middle of the lake...
                      We'll stop for lunch and have some cake

Pack up the poles and head for shore...
                      It's gonna rain, it's gonna pour

Comment

Originally posted by msix04
                        whats the deal with the pole a seine is alot faster

When I was a kid Pops would send us out to get crawdads.... in the part of the country I was we would find the crawdads living in 1" wide shafts that they dig into the river bank. The shaft goes down to wear the crawdad strikes water. Find a hole and then it's simply a matter of pokin' a stick down the hole to get 'em riled up a mite, dropping a string with a weight on the end into the hole, the crawdad latches on and up they come.

Mostly I think Pops was indulging in creative problem solving for a herd of bored children... catching them that way takes time and patience.

Seined for crawdads in Louisiana up around Gonsalez-way. Yeah, much more efficient.... lost some of the fun though *grin*

Comment

Originally posted by msix04
                          now why yall picking on crawdads? their good eating
                          Well, that depends on who catches 'em. If they're barefoot and wearing overalls and a straw cowboy hat, odds are they're rare and rank.... Course, that could also be because of the crick....
                          A tater tot is worth a thousand fries.

Comment

You ever notice the melody for that song is the same as Froggie went a courtin'?

take that song Tom and Jerry style and.............
                            Froggie went a courtin' he did ride... CRANBOW!! heheheheh

My weekend was pretty much spent driving everywhere. All I wanted to do was clean, do laundry and bead and I spent my weekend driving people all over .. but at least I got a new pocketbook and sandals for an early mom's day gift.
                            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

wow.......... no i feel freaking lazy.......... i did absolutely nothing but work on my imitation of broccolli all weekend....... oh and post in here.......lol........ *thinking i may want to start moving something other than my typin fingers........ may get hit with one of em poles if i not careful*......lol....
                              May you move all of your mountains, and disturb the peace by adding to it.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.