X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    Magoo makes lasagna.............

I hadn't made homemade lasagna in forever and everyone was asking for it. (I usually get the frozen ) So I decided to give my family a treat and do this for em. So I go to the store....... pick out the noodles. They had this one box that said.... "pre cooked". Well that got my attention. So I'm reading and it had a receipe on the back. You didn't have to cook the noodles first! yay! that cuts out a step ........right? Sure...... sounds cool to me. So that's what I go with. I bought two boxes and get the other stuff to go with it.

The day I'm going to do this I have everything I need...... so I start mixing and fixing. I take the noodles out of the box and they LOOK like lasagna noodles. Only difference is they are a little thinner and more translucent.

Directions said to add a cup of water to the sauce mixture. I'm cool with that..... figured that was to help cook the noodles .....right? Makes sense to me.

Well I poured and layered just like it said.....

It said to double aluminum foil and seal it. Ok....... I figure that is to keep the steam in to help cook the noodles.

I'm in the other room when it's done and the kids get it and start eating. I come in and my daughter said it tasted good. YAY!! The only thing is............. some of the noodles are hard. Do what?????? Well then the son in law couldn't eat the rest of his ..........because the noodles were too hard. Hmmmmmmmmm........ Ok..... maybe it came out too soon........ so I go in to check and here is this goopy mess........... wayyyyyyy too much liquid. So I check the noodles and some of em were so hard a fork couldn't cut em.

I decide to put it back in and see if that will do it. I take it out after about 15 min...... and then the goopy mess was still there but then the noodles had mutated into this horrible stuff I still have no name for. They were some mushy.... doughy stuff not fit for human consumption.

So......... how the heck can Mato salvage this mess you ask? I grab the tongs and start picking this mushy stuff resembling italian play dough. It's so soft I can't even grab em with the tongs. It's starting to mutate before my eyes and become assimilated into the sauce and cheese mixture. So things are getting critical here....... I have to make a decision and have to make one immediately....... I then decide the only thing to do is to go in I plunge my hand in and start to grab these things........ blech! they are so nasty and slimy I shudder when I think of em. I'm determined now to make this work and not waste all the meat and cheese. So I decide to cook the other box of noodles and go to work. They turn out looking like regular noodles when they are done. That's cool! I grab another cake pan and layer everything like before. Add more cheese on top and put it in like before. Then I remember the foil and it keeping in the steam so I take that off. Cook it maybe a half hour and when I checked it.......... it looked like lasagna!! yay!! I smell it ........ man....... it smells so good. YAY!! I taste it and once again........ Mato saves the day!!! We achieved lasagna!!!

So the moral of this story??? No shortcuts ..... you end up doing three times the work.

Leave a comment:

• badmaninc
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe's Dad
    I was looking for a vehicle in April cuz my old pony had worn out it's shoes. Found a decent truck and came home with it. OK, this is in April. It has a CD player but I usually listen to the radio.

Anyhoo. I threw in my CD case of powwow jams the other. So today, I'm riding home from work and decide to put in a CD. I stick the CD in and notice that it says 'CD1'. Hmmm. I hit 'load' again and it says'CD2'. Darn truck has a 6-CD changer in it and I found out about TODAY!!!
    Dude that's actually qualifies as a blond moment.

Leave a comment:

• Joe's Dad
    replied
    JD is related to Magoo!

I was looking for a vehicle in April cuz my old pony had worn out it's shoes. Found a decent truck and came home with it. OK, this is in April. It has a CD player but I usually listen to the radio.

Anyhoo. I threw in my CD case of powwow jams the other. So today, I'm riding home from work and decide to put in a CD. I stick the CD in and notice that it says 'CD1'. Hmmm. I hit 'load' again and it says'CD2'. Darn truck has a 6-CD changer in it and I found out about TODAY!!!

Leave a comment:

• ndnMSW
    replied
    Not sure if this counts as a "Magoo" moment, but it's damn close.

My sister, my friend Leslie, and I were in Nashville, TN back in the day for the Seminole nation's Discover Native America powwow at Opreyland. Leslie and I had been in Nashville before with the AIDT and had found a good bagel place that we wanted to hit before we left that morning. We're all starving and my sister asked me where we were going to go eat. I tried to tell her, "We're going to go to this bagel place that's really good." For some reason my mouth and brain went on the blink just when I was trying to say that sentence. What came out was something like, "Mphmmer, bablegowbegone."

Then, after those sounds came out in the place my sentence was supposed to be, I just waited and looked at my sister with a straight face like I made perfect sense and was waiting for a response....lol.....like maybe she didn't notice that what I just spoke was pure jibberish.

My sister looked at me for a few moments....looked away like she was thinking......then looked back at me like she was really trying to get it couldn't, then she said real slow, "You know, I didn't understand a word of what you just said." At that point I lost it and couldn't stop laughing because she thought at that point that she thought it was her, not me, that didn't make any sense. Man, I almost pulled it off and made her believe it was her, but I couldn't hold on any longer.

Oh wait, I do have a real Magoo story that I'll post in a minute.

Leave a comment:

• Singing Otter
    replied
    Originally posted by Mato Winyan

Do it!!! Come on.... you know that was funny!!! hehehe

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    Originally posted by Singing Otter

Tell em about the TORTILLA CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaahahahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Singing Otter
    replied

Tell em about the TORTILLA CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaahahahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    Ok........ magoo goes in the kitchen

I have been getting these banquet tv dinners........ fish sticks..... macroni and cheese and a brownie right?
    Well I got some last time we went to the store...... cooked it as usual but the brownie didn't cook like it should..........was still runny.......blech!

Sooooooooo I put it back in........cook it longer..... same thing ......do it again...... same thing.....little crustier but runny. So I take the fish sticks out cause they will get hard right? I put them on a plate........ put the other back in........do it again........ the dang tray almost melts the stuff is so hot but the brownie is STILL runny!!!! Well that scared me and so I threw it away.

Well last night made another one and same thing happened So I'm pissed then........ I'm going to call the company and complain!! They've never done that before!! I was even thinking something was wrong with the microwave ...... but there isn't. So..........Ihave the box there and I'm reading.......getting ready to make my call ...I was all prepared to ream someone ......... tell em they left something out ........the texture was nothing like brownies blah blah blah .. here I find out it now has chocolate pudding instead of a brownie!! .........
    Last edited by Mato Winyan; 09-23-2006, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Annie Fawn
    replied
    Blackbear they have some cat breath mints out called pitter pats and dogs are called yip yaps. We have a cat with tuna breath around here too.

Leave a comment:

• Blackbear
    replied
    Originally posted by Wakalapi
    Sure it wasn't some new Friskees with Scope(r)?
    ROFLMAO!!!!

now see, if the kid had'nt wrote the only name she knew how to spell on the front of the cat's dish, thus naming him bobbob, I was going to finally have my way around here and his name would have been tunabreath.

Leave a comment:

• Wakalapi
    replied
    I smelled peppermint.
    Sure it wasn't some new Friskees with Scope(r)?

Leave a comment:

• Annie Fawn
    replied
    We made the mistake when we remodeled the house of having a door at each end of our new master bath. Now our cats start in the living room, go through the kitchen, into the dinning room, through the master bedroom, then into the master bath coming out back into the living room again. We call it the mini nascar track and heaven forbid you get in their way when they are racing!
    We have 1 cat that likes to jump from furniture to furniture to get around, I hate it when he lands on the back of where I'm sitting.
    Whoever said cats where quiet, caution creatures NEVER owned a cat! They also NEVER saw a cat chase another one and run into a wall going full speed.

Leave a comment:

• between2worlds
    replied
    Our 4 play leap cat - a pair of them hide in opposite corners of different rooms... wait for it, wait for it... zam! one will run as fast as he can directly at the other cat (who takes off running directly at him). Where the charge intersects, try to leap -up over- the other cat (who is also leaping) and take up a starting position in the other corner.

Some times one leaps over the other, sometimes they crash in mid air. When the weather cools off they will play this game endlessly. All of them weigh over 15 lbs each so it sounds a bit like horses galloping on the wood floors and the "crash and burns" are endlessly funny (much horned ears and tail flipping at each other before resuming the game).

They tried including the basset/bloodhound mix in the game once... he didn't know what to make of two cats charging him from opposite corners and then leaping over the top of him. He hides on his blanket whenever they start in playing now.

~b2w

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    Burns fine........just lasted that day. Tongue lasted like a day or two..... Thanks for askin.

We have three cats too. Dad was rescue.... others are his twins.... boy and a girl.

I know all too well the cost of havin cats. Just had the princess spayed. But we have a great vet here and we got 50% off so it cost $17.50. The boy will be $15.

Do yours go speeding through the house like they were shot out of a cannon? Hubby calls it a game of kitty tag azz.

Leave a comment:

• Annie Fawn
    replied
    Sounds like you got a fat cat too!! What the heck is up with them always laying on exactly what you DON'T want them to???

I was talking to a friend online and asked......... "how many times am I going to have to squirt this cat to stay off of my material?? " she said.... " and he's probably asking....... how many times do I have to get on this material before she quits squirting me!!??!! "
    We have 3 rescued cats, all over 10 pounds, and all house cats. Hubby says they are our version of cheap enterainment. I asked him if he had taken a look at the Vet bills?! Cheap?! Not in when you get the shots, the tests and add in the food, kitty litter ect..
    Hows the burn on your hand?

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• brendadhest
    Xtreme Fit Keto Gummies
    by brendadhest
    Xtreme Fit Keto Gummies

While losing weight is a goal for many people, the way we take it off is just as important. Yearly, weight loss clinics crop up that promise customers the moon-and that they will shed the pounds. Before becoming a member of a weight loss clinic, do your homework...
    Today, 12:06 AM
  • OLChemist
    Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
    by OLChemist
    *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
    06-21-2021, 12:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X