Acquaintances/ Friendships On Message Boards/ Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acquaintances/ Friendships On Message Boards/ Forums

The people we often meet on message boards/ forums etc are Only Acquaintances Not Relationships. It's not often that the ones you meet on boards/ or forums become a friend. I guess I was one of those lucky ones. Some months ago I had a chance to meet someone on one of those boards and we've become very close firends. We found out we have alot in common and have the very same goals in life. In fact we've since become engaged and are getting married. I believe before two people can become a couple they have to become friends first and foremost in their relationships or they have nothing.

Below is my version of what I think a friend is and should be. This also relates to couples:

A true friend is one who helps you see the truth, even if it hurts. This doesn't mean we can go around stabbing our friends with hurtful words. Rather, it means being up front with friends about important issues, raising gentle questions with fact and love, never gossiping or putting them down to others behind their backs.

Real friendships don't just happen, and they aren't maintence free. It's ALL about supporting and praising your friends and being compassionate about their feelings and imperfections. It's also about looking for the good inside compared to what's on the outside.

Here's a quote I have hanging on my wall next to my desk.

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.

Cherie,

I have met over 30 people in person from powwows.com that I never knew before.

Half of them I keep in touch with and am genuinely concerned about their well being.

"You have to be a friend to have friends."

There are a lot of attractive people on powwows.com. With this in mind I feel I can still be a friend without looking for a relationship.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe
      Cherie,

I have met over 30 people in person from powwows.com that I never knew before.

Half of them I keep in touch with and am genuinely concerned about their well being.

"You have to be a friend to have friends."

There are a lot of attractive people on powwows.com. With this in mind I feel I can still be a friend without looking for a relationship.
      Yeah I agree with Whome on this - and with you for the most part.

Although an internet thing is different from knowing someone in real life, I have numerous internet buddies that I (like Whome) keep in regular contact with and do consider friends. I have yet to meet them in person and look forward to an opportunity. In fact Jibbs and I have had at least 3 close calls - we'll meet yet girl!

Oh and like Whome - I'm not looking to snag - just want to learn and share with others.

Comment

Originally posted by Singing Eagle
        In fact Jibbs and I have had at least 3 close calls - we'll meet yet girl!

Oh and like Whome - I'm not looking to snag - just want to learn and share with others.

Thanks for he props SingingE!

Oh and for your information....

Jibbs IS "all that! Plus Tax!" *L

Comment

Yeah I'm expecting her to be all that plus tax - and a bag of chips!

I'm gonna meet me some of you guys yet! So consider yourselves warned! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Singing Eagle
            Yeah I'm expecting her to be all that plus tax - and a bag of chips!

Actually,

She's a "Pocahottie" ... and known in certain circles as such!

Comment

well i havnt meet anyone from pws.com ... cuz i dont go anywhere .. lol
              Watch your broken dreams...
              Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

I've met several people in person that I first met on the internet and have built some solid friendships over the years. You just have to remember to make sure that when you 1st. meet people from online you have someone with you and meet in a public place just in case, to be safe. From this group I've meet Sunbursthonor, his parents and Rainbow in person. Just missed seeing a couple of others, we found out later at pow wows. And plan on meeting Whome later this year.
                The woman I call sister of my heart and I 1st. met online over 10 years ago. Found out we lived fairly close to each other and have built this fantastic relationship over the years! Her son calls my hubby and I aunt and uncle and our daugthers are the same with her and her hubby. We went from being online friends to going to each others childrens sports events, babysitting for each other, having monthly lunches together and planning family gatherings together. Sometimes you just take a chance and it works out great
                Now if your talking about romantic relationships, can't help you there. I did do a wedding for a couple that met online, but it didn't last to the 1st. anv.
                Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

I would love to meet anyone and everyone from Pow Wow.com, but I don't go anywhere either. Low on funds, but I do get around here on my bike. So if any of you ride and want some beautiful nature, twisty roads, and bugs in your face, please come on down and ride with me.

Comment

Yeah it would be great to meet some of the folks here. It would be great to get out and go to pow wows, but I got my dad to take care of and I cant leave him by himself for more than a day. So at least we have the pow wow here in April, try and get my yearly fix!
                    Course the new gas prices are SO helpful for gettting around.

Comment

that's it.... talk to Paul... what about a powwows.com pow wow? (sounds a little redundant... lol)
                      I became a singer because I love to sing... and to feed my addiction to cough drops!

Comment

I have people I consider great friends that I have not met in person yet. However I do occasionally talk to them on the phone. One of those people is like a sister to me and I've never been able to even give her a hug. I've met most of the people from the Old Tuscaroras.com board, but that was'nt hard considering I am related to most of them LOL! I've met at least one powwows.com member here in alaska that I can think of and been in the presence of others that I did'nt know where there as well.
                        I met my hubby in a chat room. Talked to him forever it seemed like before meeting him at a powwow and it was all peaches and cream from then on.
                        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X