• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • little wolf
    **KB Supporter**
    • May 2004

Police brutality AGAIN in my family!

Let me tell you what happened to my daughter this morning.. She woke up about 5 this morning to Police brutality.... They were looking for her husband she didn't know where he was (cuz he didn't come home last night) they handcuffed her in front of the kids and started the abuse. Demanding to see her green card!!! She is an American, not even mexican at all. they just assumed she was mexican cuz her hubby and children are.. Yep she has brown skin and black hair along with dark brown eyes...They also kept banging her face onto the hood of his car.. busted her lip and bruises!!!!! He told her that sh e was going to jail and the kids to juvenile. My son was there sleeping and the woke him up screaming at him while shining the flash light into his eyes.. they told her that my son would go to jail also!..... Well in the end.. no one went to jail and they left.. telling her they will be back and her house is now considered a trouble house!.. Man, I have not heard my daughter cry since she wa s little, it just tore into my heart...I'm going up there tomorrow and help her with taking pics and going to the internal affairs and getting intouch with a lawyer.. Just bcuz she has brown skin and black hair they ASSUMED she was an illegal mexican! My oldest grandson (Miguelito) hates white people because of all hatered that he has seen from them... well.. thats it... Any advise from yall will be appreciated! Oh, when I say police brutality again in my family.. it's because my hubby was beaten into emergency surgery 5 years ago... by the cops.. 5 of them to be exact..
  • Annie Fawn
    PowWows.com Addicts
    • Apr 2004

Get pictures taken TODAY AND HAVE HER GO TO A HOSPITAL to doccument the injuries today! It will give you a stronger case in court and with Internal Affairs at the police dept. If she waits a day, they will use that as a reasonable doubt issue.
    The police can NOT ARREST anyone without a reason, they can NOT come into a home without either a search warrent or owners permission.
    They can not take her children to Juvy just because the parents are arrested, they must FIRST contact other family members and if they can't take the children, they MUST be turned over to the Dept. of Family and childrens services. I would take your daughter to the closest police station today and file a complaint and from what you have written here charges againist the officers involved immediately!
    I hate bad cops it gives the rest of the officers a bad rep. that they don't deserve!
    Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

• chazziff
      is waiting ....
      • Aug 2004

yea do what they said ^^ and dont wait the longer u wait the harder it'll be for your case ... lots and lots of pix too and get all of their statements on video or recorded asap
      Watch your broken dreams...
      Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

• 2 Trails
        Powwow Dancer
        • Jan 2006

Police brutality

After you get all the videos,pictures, and such it would also be a very good idea to get a goooooooood lawyer and go for the gusto. I have hard feelings toward Georgia ever since the state took the Cherokees land which was the begaining of The Trail Where They Cried. If my words harmed anyones feeling from Georgia that was not my intent.

Comment

• little wolf
          **KB Supporter**
          • May 2004

thanks for the advise.. Annie, I just talked to her and told her to go the hospital to get documentaion of it.. Pics have been taken all ready and I'll take more tomorrow.. The best Personal injury lawyer that I know of will be contacted tomorrow. Plus she has witnesses so thats good too. I'll post about what happens tomorrow.. Thanks again!

Comment

• little wolf
            **KB Supporter**
            • May 2004

Originally posted by 2 Trails
            After you get all the videos,pictures, and such it would also be a very good idea to get a goooooooood lawyer and go for the gusto. I have hard feelings toward Georgia ever since the state took the Cherokees land which was the begaining of The Trail Where They Cried. If my words harmed anyones feeling from Georgia that was not my intent.
            None taken..

Comment

• Yaquila
              Powwows Gathering
              • Feb 2005

So sorry this happen to your daughter. So So wrong what they did.

Comment

• GRANDSON OF ZEELA
                Junior Dancer
                • Apr 2006

some good advice

Try contacting Montel Williams on the Montell Williams Show.
                Let them know your story. Montell is of a minority race. He would most likely have your story on the nationaly watched television show and expose the police brutality and cultural ignorance that too many people have. Good luck ! and my prayers are heard by the creator. I will pray that the lord will bless your family and expose the bad cops for what they are.

Comment

• White Eagle
                  Straight Dancer
                  • Jan 2006

Oh, no.

That's HORRIBLE!!!!!

The Chief of police will suspect them and get fired, hope the Chief will throw bad cops to JAIL!!!

I hope you and your family are okay....

I'll praying for you and your family.
                  Visit my Website & Forums: Native American & Cherokee Cultural Community. If you're interest it, sign up, feel free and hope to see you on the boards!

Comment

• little wolf
                    **KB Supporter**
                    • May 2004

Thanks Grandson of Zeela for that good advise, I'll go to his site and send an email.. Thanks to everyone here for the prayers and concern...

Comment

• seaotter
                      Outer Banks Zoo
                      • Aug 2005

So sorry this happened, hope your daughter is doing better.
                      As I grew up in Washington DC with a father that worked in journalism I learned some stuff. Whenever confronting those "in authority" always hit the media. Don't just sue them, ruin their reputation. And I would contact - most of the big networks have websites now where you can email in a story- CNN, MSNTV, 60 Minutes. The more the story gets out there the more pressure you put on the internal affairs to actually do something (if only to reduce the departments public attention). Also if your daughter lives on the Rez- call the FBI. This is a HATE crime and they will tear them apart. Don't place nice.
                      And would not contact Motel Williams. He is not as bad as Springer but most cops and other news figures view these people as jokes and treat many of the stories as people just trying to get attention.
                      One thing I learned growing up with whites is hit them where they feel the most pain. Money and power, and power is derived from how important and respected they are by the rest of the community. You show the community their cops are racist and they will crucify them for you - even if they agree with the sentiment. Cause they don't want the finger pointed at them.
                      Just my 2 cents.
                      Holler if you want any help.

Comment

• chazziff
                        is waiting ....
                        • Aug 2004

and if u can afford it - pay your lawyer .. do not do it on a contigency basis, your lawyer(s) will end up wit a majority of any compensation u might receive ...
                        Watch your broken dreams...
                        Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

• billyjoejimbob
                          Fat Singer
                          • Oct 2002

If it is a regular occurance I would invest in a security camera with a panic switch. it seems a bit paranoid but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Or if you have neighbors AND they are stilll friends after all this, ask them to tape when they hear something.
                          There are 2 types of people in the world...
                          Really stupid people who think they are smart
                          and
                          Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

• little wolf
                            **KB Supporter**
                            • May 2004

Well she went to the hospital last night to get her bruises and all documented.. The hospital called the cops since this was a criminal case. The cops came and took the report and gave Sam (my daughter) the phone number that she needs to call... I think I will get in touch with fox 5 news here.. Since she is always in the street running around ( she owns a roofing company) and has 5 kids, I'll do the foot work, get stuff started all she'll need to do is call the people up after I talk to them.. She really needs a personal secretary she's so busy all the time... I'mma gonna call her now.. TTYL

Comment

• little bird
                              little bird
                              • Jun 2005

"Riches from the heart can not be stolen."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.