Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Curious..what is the craziest newage/wannabe thing you've seen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Curious..what is the craziest newage/wannabe thing you've seen??

This past weekend, my friend had a house warming party. Right in the middle of the party, she said....... 'oh wait, they are hanging themselves again.....' I was like whaaaaaa?? Mind you, that there were a bunch of natives at this house warming party. She explained to us, that these people pierce themselves and hang themselves from a rope dangling from the tree chanting and reading from some book. I was like.....nahhhhhhhhh, this is crazeeee. Low and behold, that night they had the light on the tree, you can hear a low chant. We sat up on the wall, the couple was piercing themselves in the back and they were hoisted up by ropes then hung off the tree. I guess they were getting 'married' or something. Anyhow, they all circled around, chanting and reading from this book. Of course, these were all white people doing this, the process took a couple of hours. I guess they do this every other night.

Of course some of the natives got all unhinged at the site of this, but hey..... don't surprise me though. Me, personally, I just let it be, no matter how many ways you want to 'adopt' things, they'll never be native......

So we're going to sell some tickets for everyone to come see this 'side show'........ ayeeeeeeee. $1.00 ..... just kidding.

So what other crazee wannabee/new age/whatever stuff have you seen??
    You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
    [email protected]

Gary Busey dancing and screaming on Celebrity Fit Club this season. It's was so crazy it creeped me out a little.
    "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

i seen that episode it made me laugh!!! ha ha ha i still think it was stupid and funny at the same time. . . to see them all high step it!!! ha ha
      I see angels, Mickey. Their comin' down for us from heaven. And i see you ridin' a big red horse, and your driving them horses, whippin' em, and their spittin' and frothing all long the mouth, and their coming right at us. And i see the future, a vision of death, cuz u and i, we're angels. . .

u never really know how much lyfe means too u. . . until one leaves u alone

~*chokecherry wishes & frybread dreamz*~

Comment

This woman I know; lit a huge bonfire that had to be at least 8 feet tall, and 10 ft. wide. It's was a nice fire; and then she proceeded to pull out her rattle and a basket full of what I would call a hippy gift basket aka saging KIT, and went around the fire in the four directions, and shook her rattle and said stuff. I was very uncomfortable about it; but know she was still mourning the death of her only sister as well, so I didn't say anything with a lifted eyebrow of course...

Comment

Damn there are some crazy wannabees out there....

Once at a powwow in Kamloopa, BC, there was this guy dancing in the arena with a fake bear head and fake skin down his back. Hanging out of the ears of the bear head was yellow create paper. It was the funniest thing.

Later this same guy whistled a drum, after another guy whistled them. The singers didn't know what to do, but they kept singing, just incase it was a real whistle. Then when the whistle carriers went up to the m.c. to speak to the people. The M.C. or committee wouldn't let that second whistle guy speak. He was kinda ticked off. I wonder if anyone talked to him about what he did....

Comment

Originally posted by ok24stacey
            Gary Busey dancing and screaming on Celebrity Fit Club this season. It's was so crazy it creeped me out a little.
            I saw this, too. At first I laughed, hahahaha, then I was like, eewwwww....felt kinda gross, yuck Gary, you bug-eyed weirdo!!

Around here there is this guy that is kinda a self proclaimed "spiritual healer" and for a fee, you can attend some sort of healing ceremony. Before him, there was this guy that called himself Sun Bear and his wife Wabun. They would get white people to pay for a sweatlodge ceremony and what not. I don't know about ya'll, but co-ed sweats juss don't fly well round here!! Anywayz, yuck Gary, you bug-eyed weirdo!!

There's another guy that walks around here that paints his face all black and red, dyes his hair black, has leather high top moccs, and a leather warshirt thing and big @$$ staff wrapped in leather and all types of gawdy things. He has a biz card that he passes out, too. What the h*ll for you weirdo!!

My fav is John Redcorn on King of the Hill. Him and his spa treatments and what not!! Too Kewl John Redcorn!! Hutcha!

...that's so true....so, so true...

Comment

Originally posted by ntownn8ive
              There's another guy that walks around here that paints his face all black and red, dyes his hair black, has leather high top moccs, and a leather warshirt thing and big @$$ staff wrapped in leather and all types of gawdy things. He has a biz card that he passes out, too. What the h*ll for you weirdo!!

Heyyyyyy I think I have seen that guy too.......When I lived up there....that guy was crazeeeeeeeee...LOL.

Was he the same person that just use to paint himself red and wear red....then one day he'd switch to white?? I can't remember if that was up there or in Cali...... Man that guy was freaky....i'd never even walk by him....always around.

I saw the commercials for the Gary Busey thing, man I missed it?? I was like.....was this for real?? Ohhhhhh well, I don't watch much of those crazee shows so ....missed out.

Ohhhhh I wish they'd come up with a NATIVE BACHELOR ........ Build up him up as a uppity long hair native that sits on a high position on the council or better yet, his occupation: Tribal Leader.......ayeeeee. Open shirts to show his manly native chest.... . Say he owns 500 acres on some reservation with a big house....then when it comes down to it.....he's a broke *** jawn, still living with his mom, and owns 2 cars on bricks, and at night when he takes out his teeth, he only has 3 left.....lmao.

Which comes down to it...sounds like my ex boyfriends...ayeeee. just kidding...

Sorry........back to the subject........ crazeeee peeps.....
              You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
              [email protected]

Comment

Gary Busey is scary now. Especially those chiklet teeth and bad facelift.

Im surprised they didnt have a naming ceremony.
                There are 2 types of people in the world...
                Really stupid people who think they are smart
                and
                Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Originally posted by ok24stacey
                  I guess I missed that episode. I don't know if Gary Busey claims any native blood or not, but his uncle lives in my area. And, he is...swear to God...a card carrying Oklahoma Cherokee. But he is definitely nothing like Gary. Gary just ain't been right since he had that motorcycle wreck years ago without wearing a helmet.

Comment

it speaks for itself....

http://www.whirlingrainbow.com/grand...m_project.html
                    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nezbah
                      Heyyyyyy I think I have seen that guy too.......When I lived up there....that guy was crazeeeeeeeee...LOL.

Was he the same person that just use to paint himself red and wear red....then one day he'd switch to white?? I can't remember if that was up there or in Cali...... Man that guy was freaky....i'd never even walk by him....always around.

I saw the commercials for the Gary Busey thing, man I missed it?? I was like.....was this for real?? Ohhhhhh well, I don't watch much of those crazee shows so ....missed out.

Ohhhhh I wish they'd come up with a NATIVE BACHELOR ........ Build up him up as a uppity long hair native that sits on a high position on the council or better yet, his occupation: Tribal Leader.......ayeeeee. Open shirts to show his manly native chest.... . Say he owns 500 acres on some reservation with a big house....then when it comes down to it.....he's a broke *** jawn, still living with his mom, and owns 2 cars on bricks, and at night when he takes out his teeth, he only has 3 left.....lmao.

Which comes down to it...sounds like my ex boyfriends...ayeeee. just kidding...

Sorry........back to the subject........ crazeeee peeps.....
                      I swear..your posts give me the biggest kick!! You just crack me up!
                      Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

O.K are you all ready for this one! we have a lady in our area who seems to know where all the pow-wow's are at, this one has different"outfits" she wears and we are like ok what will she wear today? I will start with the one that amuses me the most . Green plaid scotish kilt, blouse, high top leather boots,some sort of gun belt withe the several places for bullets empty thank goodness, only she wears them acros her shoulders and theres two of them she wears criss cross fashion, a huge emu plume, that she try's to make it look like how the plumes are worn. But ill have to say she is quiet never causes a big problem, keeps to herself so not much is said to her, I heard coments but thats about it. Oh and my family talks about a dancing Elvis but Ive seem to have missed out on that one lol.
                        I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
                          all i have to say is "WOW"!!!!!!!!! this lady is out there. seriously. i wonder how the alaskan native community feels about her. has she ran into any altercations?
                          "Love is like the wind, better felt than heard." ~ compliments of the Lumbee Warrior

"She walks in beauty in two worlds." ~ Lumbee Proverb

Comment

Look at the pic. Very hokie. This poor little girl is going to grow up confused.
                            Attached Files
                            "Love is like the wind, better felt than heard." ~ compliments of the Lumbee Warrior

"She walks in beauty in two worlds." ~ Lumbee Proverb

Comment

She has a sweet little face. She looks like she is really tring to do a good job.
                              Last edited by Eagle Plumes; 10-12-2006, 10:15 AM.
                              I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.