Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Curious..what is the craziest newage/wannabe thing you've seen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackbear
    What was the name of that movie with Bruce Willis? The one where the little kid said, "I see white people", or something like that!

I saw all those people around the 'big' drum. That kinda looked like stillrezin on the left. Yeah, the guy with the orange Ravi Shankar shirt on!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

You should just see all the stuff that goes on in New England. More crazies that ndns up here.
      I'm not mean....You're just a sissy

http://www.mytribalspace.com/tribal/...ame_ndngirl70/
      http://www.myspace.com/ndngirl70

Comment

^
        SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

I'm dyin....this thread is hilarious.
          "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

ive got nothin like this whirling rainbow woman, but there was this one powwow in aroura illinois where i was working a veding booth for a friend of mine. in trade for working the booth i got to put out my flutes without having to give him a cut. this one woman was at the booth for about 45 minutes looking at my flutes and she came up to me telling me how fantastic this one flute was. and was going on and on and on. then she just walked away.

with the flute.

i was born and raise in chicago, so im thinking 'man,this is a new approach to shoplifting' . so we grabbed her, and got security to take care of her.
            her thing was that she thought that since she had admired the flute so much that i was obligated to gift it to her. and to top that while aroura's finest were hauling her off she was shouting that i couldnt possibly be ndn because i didnt respect women.
            (i respect women, i just didnt like her)
            also at that powwow there was a trogledite who calls himself chinya (chine-yah) who was wearing this black halloween indian wig, red and purple tie dye shirt and pants.he had a fistfull of ratty goose feathers and walmart arts and crafts black tipp fake eagle feathers. and some other goof wearing a druid type hooded robe and carried a plastic skull. im not sure who was worse.

oh yeah..... there was also the vendor from someplace in wisconsin who was using bricks of pipestone for bookends

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad
              What was the name of that movie with Bruce Willis? The one where the little kid said, "I see white people", or something like that!

I saw all those people around the 'big' drum. That kinda looked like stillrezin on the left. Yeah, the guy with the orange Ravi Shankar shirt on!
              Thank-you so much for pointing him out! now rezzys tie die secret is out!!! lol
              I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Goot 1...!

@ a Powwow and we're about to get go n with GE and this guy (looked like a Wasicu) with a real rank outfit on. Something off a Walmart halloween shelf. Starts cruising around the arena with a ridiculously large smudge. Well he approaches a popular group and my bro hops up and starts fanning and waving that smoke all around him....It was HILARIOUS! I've shared this story B 4 but you had 2 be there to crack up....I still chuckle about it...Next....
                "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

There is this community sweathouse here in town that is open to mostly everyone. I go there every once in a while. But this one wasicu, soo-yah-pay guy showed up. He was praying in some weird language on and on and on and on....after it was all done, my uncle asked him, "What the hell language were you speakin?" And he said, "Oh, uh, that was a language that was given to me when I went on my vision quest..." My uncle said, "You f*%$#n bullsh^**er! Get the h*ll outta here!" Gave him the boots runnin bare back to his car!!! Eeeehawww!!

...that's so true....so, so true...

Comment

Hey Wocus.. you might get to see her at the Fairbanks state fair.. she had a grandmother drum project booth open at the one in Palmer. Yeah she's a freak and you can feel her coming a mile away... she's also claiming to be the youngest person to ever reach the summit at mt. McKinley.
                    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Grandmother Drum having baby drums? Is there a Mother drum, or are we skipping a step?
                      I will say in the new-ager's defense, at least they're trying for something good. I'd rather have them sittin in circles singen' Kumbaya than.... other horrible things.

You wanna see wannabes? Man, go to a Rennaissance Faire. You have people selling the New Age version of Wicca stuff all over the place. If you tried that in the Rennaissance, you would be burned at the stake. No questions asked. Then you have people walking around in these cavemen loin cloths, S.C.A./Dungeons and Dragons style armor, and these strange Druidy-ish-maybe outfits. ALL OF YOU WOULD BE DEAD, PEOPLE. The Renaissance happened only about a couple hundred years after the arrival of Christianity.
                      The best is the kids walking around in kilts with a katana around their belt. XD

Actually, one very funny scene at a Faire was when these people acting the part of Puritans were amusing this kid. I guess he had an early Halloween costume or something, whatever the reason this kid (about 8 or 9 probably) was dressed in all black and wielding a plastic red pitch fork. He had the Puritans cornered "Back, Devil!" wielding wooden crosses and screaming everytime the kid pretended to attack them. You could tell all of them were just having a blast.

I haven't actually seen this, but I've heard about it. There's apparently this gun made of wood and copper with a quartz crystal in it for the ammunition. You shoot good vibes at people to make the world a better place. Ammunition of Love? Oh, gag.

ntownn8ive - OMG. OH EM GEE. I would've throw that guy out, too (with a little love from my axe, too). <3
                      ~Like a true ninja, you'll never see me working~

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad

ahhhh man, my secret is out. i finally been spotted. i thought i was like bigfoot. unspottable. but i let my gaurd down.

Now i got to get all new age on you and break out the big drum. LOL> J/K

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
                        RezinInc

sigpic

Comment

You dudes sure you not making this stuff, that's just crazy. I don't even know what to say, other than I couldn't even make up these stories. Good ones

Comment

Originally posted by badmaninc
                            You dudes sure you not making this stuff, that's just crazy. I don't even know what to say, other than I couldn't even make up these stories. Good ones
                            i cant speak for others but what i posted was no joke, really happened. i even remember one woman who wanted to dance a womans honor song wearing a sports bra and a broom skirt with a thong pulled up into what had to have been the worst atomic wedgie in recorded history.

some people just dont understand decorum

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

Hmm, I thought I posted to this thread, but I guess I lost it.

About ten years back, I was a powwow in Houston. There was a guy wandering the vendor's tent with a headdress made of a cow pelvis.

At Taos, there was a card-carrying member of the Crop Circle Tribe dancing her traditional regalia of a broomstick skirt and bare feet. She was chugging around with her eyes closed. Judging from her moves she was chanelling the spirit of a long departed laundress -- rub the imaginary shirt up and down on the washboard, hang it on the line. She was so far off beat the only thing my friend and I could figure was that the Taos hum in her head must have been drowning out the sound of the drum.

At a university sponsored powwow in Cambridge MA, there was a guy in -- uh I'm not quite sure. He was wearing leggings that vaguely resembled 18th century woodland style clothing and no shorts. He had on a red serge 18th British army jacket. He had some no longer recognizable animal on his head -- wombat maybe.... Then he had an entire stuffed turkey carcass on a stick. (I don't have any objections to stuffed turkeys, but usually I like themplucked, roasted and with sage and onion dressing.) He kept making wild sweeps in the air with the bird-on-a-stick. He had a 10 ft diameter dancer free zone around him.

Then there was the beaded halter top, which still gives me chills....

Comment

ok I have to put in my story. I came from Washington state and one of my first pow-wows over here in Ohio was actually held in a firestation garage...they just moved out the fire trucks.
                                Another time we went to a "pow-wow" in northern Ohio and there was this story teller guy who gathered all the kids at the pow-wow into the arena and was telling a story then pulled out a deer toe rattle and shook it over all the kids' heads tellin them that he was making them instant warriors. He was talking some weird language he said was cherokee and that he had just made each one of those kids who none were over the age of 12 that he had just made them all instant warrior. I am like "Instant Warrior" is that anything like instant potatoes?
                                Abs of Frybread and Buns of Commodity Cheese

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.