Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Curious..what is the craziest newage/wannabe thing you've seen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok...... chemist has the roast turkey with the sage and onion dressing,
    littleredblanket has the instant mashed taters,....

ill grab the fry bread,... when's dinner?

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

Dinner tonight @ 6 in my house....i have the pepsi....lol
      Abs of Frybread and Buns of Commodity Cheese

Comment

I'll bring dessert! Baked li'l punkins stuffed with dried blueberries with maple syrup sauce.

Comment

I will make some iced tea as well. lol

Comment

And so, another thread becomes about food! maybe there should be a powwows.com
            banquet, instead of a powwow....

Comment

I will bring the Corn soup and maybe some Pumpkin Pie...
              ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
              Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by littleredblanket
                Dinner tonight @ 6 in my house....i have the pepsi....lol

we'll need help getting patricks chair in the van and he can ride out with me, but we'll need directions

Comment

im usually a cokacola person, but a menu like this i think i can handle pepsi

Comment

There used to be a guy who went to this powwow in ME. He AND his dog had matching headdresses out of those really bright dyed feathers. Oh and I cant forget about the cowhide shorts/leggings and matching shirt
                    I'm not mean....You're just a sissy

http://www.mytribalspace.com/tribal/...ame_ndngirl70/
                    http://www.myspace.com/ndngirl70

Comment

Originally posted by ndngirl70
                      There used to be a guy who went to this powwow in ME. He AND his dog had matching headdresses out of those really bright dyed feathers. Oh and I cant forget about the cowhide shorts/leggings and matching shirt

ya know, all these people may be doing a public service. i know there are days when i can use a good laugh.

Comment

As for the food lets make it a pot luck...and I am sure I could persuade my husband to break the drum for a few goot 49 songs. Lets have a partyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Directions turn off the paved road and turn left by the big rock then turn right by the big tree. You can't miss it...there are 14 cars on blocks in front of the house....ayezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz LOL

Comment

Got loads of leftovers from last night. Three people don't make much of a dent in a 20 lb turkey and all the trimmings *grin*.

Comment

Originally posted by littleredblanket
                            As for the food lets make it a pot luck...and I am sure I could persuade my husband to break the drum for a few goot 49 songs. Lets have a partyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Directions turn off the paved road and turn left by the big rock then turn right by the big tree. You can't miss it...there are 14 cars on blocks in front of the house....ayezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz LOL

ohhhh, hell, ive been past your place a dozen times

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G
                              And so, another thread becomes about food! maybe there should be a powwows.com
                              banquet, instead of a powwow....
                              Originally posted by Nezbah
                              ...this lady did this and she brought her lil lamb on a leash in the arena!! omg... I was jokin around and stood behind here complete with my knife and fork ready for mutton stew!! . In fact, there was a long line of navajo's behind her.... Now that was funny. SNAG A LAMB..........ayeeeeeeee.
                              I think Nezbah just proved you can make a banquet anywhere you go.
                              ~Like a true ninja, you'll never see me working~

Comment

Originally posted by OLChemist
                                Hmm, I thought I posted to this thread, but I guess I lost it.

About ten years back, I was a powwow in Houston. There was a guy wandering the vendor's tent with a headdress made of a cow pelvis.

At Taos, there was a card-carrying member of the Crop Circle Tribe dancing her traditional regalia of a broomstick skirt and bare feet. She was chugging around with her eyes closed. Judging from her moves she was chanelling the spirit of a long departed laundress -- rub the imaginary shirt up and down on the washboard, hang it on the line. She was so far off beat the only thing my friend and I could figure was that the Taos hum in her head must have been drowning out the sound of the drum.

At a university sponsored powwow in Cambridge MA, there was a guy in -- uh I'm not quite sure. He was wearing leggings that vaguely resembled 18th century woodland style clothing and no shorts. He had on a red serge 18th British army jacket. He had some no longer recognizable animal on his head -- wombat maybe.... Then he had an entire stuffed turkey carcass on a stick. (I don't have any objections to stuffed turkeys, but usually I like themplucked, roasted and with sage and onion dressing.) He kept making wild sweeps in the air with the bird-on-a-stick. He had a 10 ft diameter dancer free zone around him.

Then there was the beaded halter top, which still gives me chills....

OlChemist, I think you win.

But I'm not sure if that is a good thing. I'm sorry you had to see such craziness. :

I really feel.....

Maybe Paul needs to invent a new picture contest.....

Just don't get mad if your picture gets posted....

O.K. I'm ready for the eats.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.