Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Curious..what is the craziest newage/wannabe thing you've seen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lumbee_warrior
    Fake Medicine man Jailed, charged again with felony, 45 counts of sexual misconduct alleged
    By David Melmer
    Indian Country Today

LUZERNE COUNTY, Penn.-
    David "Two Wolves" Smith, was sent to jail for violation of parole after sexual misconduct with a minor. Mr. Smith, who claimed to be of American Indian descent, conducted a phony purification ceremony during which he fondled a minor female. He said he may have made a mistake in telling her to wear a swimsuit and that he held her to console her a little longer than he should. While on probation from the earlier conviction, he struck again and faces 45 counts of sexual misconduct, and warrants were issued for his arrest. Bradford County District Attorney's office charged Mr. Smith with 30 counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, 10 counts of sexual assault, both felonies; four counts of indecent assault and one count of corruption of minors, both misdemeanors.

In Luzerne County he was accused of violating his probation between December 15, 1995 and January 31, 1996, However, the full battery of charges coining from Bradford County state the offenses occurred over a three and one-half year period with a 12-year-old girl. Mr. Smith headed the "Eastern Intertribal Alliance," a group of people that practiced American Indian type religious ceremonies. No official tribe has recognized Mr. Smith as a member, but he claims to be part Lakota. He has also on occasion, claimed Eastern Delaware, which the federally tribe officially denies. Mr. Smith is not a member of a federally recognized tribe, although the state prison system of Pennsylvania allowed him to carry eagle feathers in the prisons to counsel and pray with the American Indian inmates. The state system has rejected legitimate federally recognized spiritual leaders and has kept them from entering the prison in the past. Mr. Smith admits to receiving $30 per hour to counsel and conduct ceremonies in the prisons. "I'm not a threat to society or to any human being," Mr. Smith said tearfully, as Senior Judge Gifford Capellini revoked Mr. Smith's probation and ordered him to jail. "I thought I was going home, and now they say I did these things,"Mr. Smith said. As judge Capellini removed probation he said, "Probation is not anappropriate sentence for you." While Mr. Smith claimed he was not a threat to society or any human being, he was being charged with 45 more counts of sexual misconduct. Mr. Smith was ordered to undergo psychological evaluation and attend sexual counseling. He is prohibited from having contact with a minor outside of the presence of a responsible adult.

hey, where'd ya find this article? ive been looking for more stuff on this but nobody has anything. i cant even find it on ict

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

Originally posted by between2worlds
      Got loads of leftovers from last night. Three people don't make much of a dent in a 20 lb turkey and all the trimmings *grin*.

You obviously have never eaten with my son and two nephews. My son is 14, one nephew is 17 and the other one is 14 as well. I swear they have hollow legs.

Comment

Hi
        You might wanna look at this info goto http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...american.shtml for new age stuff about native americans.
        :Mad
        Asema Is Sacred
        Traditional Use, Not Misuse
        Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
        OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

Dudes, if you'all read this thread there gonna come take us away, we sound like a bunch of lunatics. We start talking about messed up things and does anybody ever notice we always talk about food. Its usually around meal time too, buncha ndns. That's cool.

Comment

Native American Tarot? Some things mix well, like popcorn and M&Ms, but a Tarot deck with a Native theme is like.... bringing a lamb to a Powwow on a leash.

Ok, at the risk of sounding ignorant: is the stuff on sticks an Indian thing that wierd people change around and put spaceships and their crabs on them because they're wierd, or did these people just make this up?
            I dare one of you guys (or girls, which might be funnier) to walk up to one of those people with the big sticks, with nothing in hand, and say "Mine's bigger."
            ~Like a true ninja, you'll never see me working~

Comment

Originally posted by White Powwow Dancer
              Hi
              You might wanna look at this info goto http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...american.shtml for new age stuff about native americans.

LMAOH........... okay okay...now, if I was to be dealt these 'Tarot' cards......lets say I had one 'sacred space' a 'kokapelli' a 'give away ceremony' (by the way what the heck is that?? I just do give aways.. do we have a ceremony for that?? lol) sorry, back to the card....and one 'sweat lodge' card. So what does that tell me about my future?? I have one 'sacred space for my Kokapelli then will have a give away ceremony in a sweatlodge??????' hahahaa

Oh and if you look at the Tarot of the Southwest cards, there is one that says "Queen of Skins"???? LOL..... I just can't read it.

This is too much........where in the world do you guys find all this???
              You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
              [email protected]

Comment

there used to be this group in the yahoo clubs called the earth spirit medicine wheel club...
                if you emailed this 23 year old shaman your birth name,birth date,and favorite color he would assign you your very own spirit power totem animal.

have you ever noticed that its always something majestic and noble? nobody ever gets a name like "rabbid badger gnawing" or "festering twinkie pustule"

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

Im into the whole quote on quote new age thing, and i know from others that hanging (with the hooks in the back and/or chest) is a deep spiritual expierience both mentally and physically that the feeling of weightlessness is amazing, but the whole chanting thing? Wow never seen that before thats a little wierd. Im just saying please dont take every new age modern primitive thing as a wannabe attempt most of them are not trying to be wannabes (the chanting couple not included) theyre just people who live out their lives being more spiritual content then financially. im not sure how else to explain it. All I ask is to please be open minded and dont shut out all "new age" people as wannabe's and especially not wierdo's or freaks, cause thats definitely NOT cool. ok im done. :)

Comment

OK well this isn't as outlandish as what has already been mentioned already, but I went to the West Seattle High School Powwow three years ago and was singing with an older-style drum from around here. Our leadsinger was a man in his late 50's, elder-in-training we poked fun at him all the time, but anyway he's a fullblood with long hair, rez accent etc. ANYWAYS this lady dressed like Elvira at a Halloween party comes up and mutters something to him and breaks into a wide plastic cheesy smile. He just looks with this "WTF" expression on his face and walks away.

Later he comes up to me, and asks, "Jim would you please go to that lady over there and tell her that I cannot put a song into her drum?"

I said, "Huh ???" So he repeated himself, I said, "Uh, alright I suppose...."

Approaching the Elviresque One, I said, "I'm sorry but [[name omitted]] cannot put a song into your drum." She gets this long sad face, goes over to her chair and picks up something that looks like a tambourine converted to a hand drum and heads out the door. I think I saw her at other powwows but missed the "opportunity" to speak with her further at any of them.
                    "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
                    Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Originally posted by NightshadeTea
                      like.... bringing a lamb to a Powwow on a leash.

Isn't that just take out?

Comment

vests wif painted on paint 2 look like beads
                        dubble your pleasure~ surfs up babie~

Comment

in PA a lady asked me if I knew any drum circles in the area that she could join becuase she just got a drum and wants to use it.

i told her that i didnt know, she asked if any of the other drums there knew. (BHB and Whitebuffalo) I said that she should not ask them becuase they may take offense. I should have sent her over!!!
                          There are 2 types of people in the world...
                          Really stupid people who think they are smart
                          and
                          Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Originally posted by White Powwow Dancer
                            Hi

I read the review on these cards, and I'm thinkin I'm gonna try to buy them, they are considered collectors cards, but actually I just want the Trickster card, I think that's probably a picture of my grandfather, you all probably seen him, he was in alot of different movies in the 80's .....

OK OK. I'm just teasing. LOL
                            sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Originally posted by OLChemist
                              Isn't that just take out?
                              I ment if you wanted the lamb to be alive (or if, Goddess save you, you think it's cute). However, for people like me who are heavy on the German-Scottish-Irish blood and, therefore, always hungry, a lamb on a leash it like "aww, lunch for me? You shouldn't have."

Originally posted by IrOqUoIs_FeMmE15
                              All I ask is to please be open minded and dont shut out all "new age" people as wannabe's and especially not wierdo's or freaks, cause thats definitely NOT cool. ok im done. :)
                              I actually agree with you on this, not all New Age things are bad. There are some beliefs that I actually applaude. However, that doen't stop many of them from being funny.

However, since you've heard from other people about the hanging thing. Would that have anything to do with Odin, by any chance? Because there's a myth about him in old Norse mythology of hanging himself from the Tree of Life, so I was just wondering.
                              ~Like a true ninja, you'll never see me working~

Comment

Nah nah, he's teasin y'all.....It's like if I saw a turtle walking across the road, I'd say hey, a walkin sandwich....LOL

I think...
                                sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.