Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Curious..what is the craziest newage/wannabe thing you've seen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far as I've heard, turtle meat is actually quite tasty. You just have to get over the fact that the meat is green.
    ~Like a true ninja, you'll never see me working~

Comment

Green Meat? WTH??? LOL I don't know it never looked green to me. It has a real gamey taste to it though...not enough onions in the WORLD to kill the taste. You have to really have a penchant for it.
      sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN
        Green Meat? WTH??? LOL I don't know it never looked green to me. It has a real gamey taste to it though...not enough onions in the WORLD to kill the taste. You have to really have a penchant for it.

LOL @ green meat... yikes... is that like green eggs and ham?? ayeeee. One, I don't eat things that can look back at me, nor can speak back at me, or yet .... green....haha

Are we back onto food again?? LOL
        You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
        [email protected]

Comment

Of course we're back on food. Were you expecting a different tangent? XD

Originally posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN
          Probably a different breed of turtle. Where did it come from?
          ~Like a true ninja, you'll never see me working~

Comment

Originally posted by Nezbah
            LOL @ green meat... yikes... is that like green eggs and ham?? ayeeee. One, I don't eat things that can look back at me, nor can speak back at me, or yet .... green....haha

Are we back onto food again?? LOL

turtle isnt too bad.... bear,yeah thats good.... buffalo, yeah thats good... rattle snake ,even thats good.
            alligator and armadillo are like chewing on gamey erasers though

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

Originally posted by NightshadeTea
              So far as I've heard, turtle meat is actually quite tasty. You just have to get over the fact that the meat is green.
              I tried to eat 'cooder hash' once. Tasted pretty goot, but every time I tried to swallow, I could see it walking!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

My older kinfolks eat turtle soup mostly snapping turtles and then use the shells for shell shakers
                But it is really strong never could gain a taste for it
                They always laugh because they say that its because we eat bland beef
                Another dish is Kanuche
                whew
                It sounds good (hickory nuts)
                but man o man is it like stonggggggggggggg
                It is eaten like a soup or it is thinned out and laced with syrup and drank
                argggghhhh
                I still have that memory of a taste in my mouth
                My Grandmother laughed for three days on the face i made the first time i tried it
                Thanks Granny..
                ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by NightshadeTea
                  Of course we're back on food. Were you expecting a different tangent? XD

Probably a different breed of turtle. Where did it come from?
                  snapping turtle.
                  sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
                    My older kinfolks eat turtle soup mostly snapping turtles and then use the shells for shell shakers
                    But it is really strong never could gain a taste for it
                    They always laugh because they say that its because we eat bland beef
                    I still have that memory of a taste in my mouth
                    My Grandmother laughed for three days on the face i made the first time i tried it
                    Thanks Granny..
                    eww, i couldn't immagine eating turtle soup.

to me, dead turtles belong on my shells, not in my soup!

ewwww.

Comment

• Getting off the subject of food and back to the wannabe thing, a couple of years back i went to a powwow in chicago at the AIC and let me tell you, it took everything out of me to stop looking at this person and trying not to laugh. there was a man who was wearing an outfit that looked like a costume in a bag type thing. he then had a lot of sterling silver rings and necklaces with headress pendants on them. he wore a ring on every finger and had about 10 if not more necklaces on. then he had like pigeon feathers taped together with electrical tape, and then taped onto his hair, and he wore a purse around his neck that went down to his hips. then another powwow that i went to here in missouri there was a lady who had on a dark brown long skirt, and a dark beige muslin material blouse. she cut out peices of cloth that had pictures of eagles on them and sewed them onto her blouse with thread that didn't even match. she then sewed some fringe onto the sleves of her blouse and skirt, and she wore a pair of black croc clogs. i had no other choice but to sit behind her and the whole time i was trying to see how she had "pieced" together her "regalia".
                      If you allow the world to change you, only then can you change the world....

Comment

• Originally posted by chirapachegurl View Post
                        Getting off the subject of food and back to the wannabe thing, a couple of years back i went to a powwow in chicago at the AIC and let me tell you, it took everything out of me to stop looking at this person and trying not to laugh. there was a man who was wearing an outfit that looked like a costume in a bag type thing. he then had a lot of sterling silver rings and necklaces with headress pendants on them. he wore a ring on every finger and had about 10 if not more necklaces on. then he had like pigeon feathers taped together with electrical tape, and then taped onto his hair, and he wore a purse around his neck that went down to his hips. then another powwow that i went to here in missouri there was a lady who had on a dark brown long skirt, and a dark beige muslin material blouse. she cut out peices of cloth that had pictures of eagles on them and sewed them onto her blouse with thread that didn't even match. she then sewed some fringe onto the sleves of her blouse and skirt, and she wore a pair of black croc clogs. i had no other choice but to sit behind her and the whole time i was trying to see how she had "pieced" together her "regalia".
                        Ive seen some interesting folks in my time, even a gal in a kilt with a emu plumes tring to say it was what I was wearing but I diddnt say much I left that to the children "no not mine" lol she really got razz'd but all I could think was she really thinks she looks good, oh well to each their own I guess, Im sure I have went places where I look out of place
                        I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

• I saw a guy at a powwow that was wearing a white T-shirt with prehistoric cave drawing-type pictures on it drawn in black marker with an elastic pseudo-beaded headband on his head and a blue shawl draped around his shoulders. Never saw a guy with a shawl before.

Comment

• idk how many of you go to stompdance, but some of the people that come to greencorn (which is our main dance of the year) crack me up!

you can obviously tell that they have practically never danced b4. like i remeber last year there was this one guy that when you are supposed to turn to worship the fire, he would bend way down and shake his butt way back and fourth.
                            and the funniest part of it was when he was in like the 3rd of fourth ring and would do it (cuz you are only supposed to do it when you are in the 1st ring near the fire)

and me and my friends were laughing at my cuzn bcuz she kept getting stuck behind him, and would dance a couple feet back further than you normally would.
                            cuz he was tryin hard to be all spuritally i guess, and was WAY overdoing it.

Comment

• I don't know if anyone remembers this, but a long time ago there was someone who started a thread about sniffing poo. She said that by sniffing your poo she could tell if you were healthy or sick. If you were sick she could tell you what you were sick from. Of all the old timey ways to determine health, she wanted to sniff people's poo? Kind of made me want to send her some poo.

Comment

• At the Austin pow wow in 2002 or 2003 (can't remember which year) there was a lady wearing a pullover brown sweater, and it looked like she had attached every bird feather she had ever found in her life time to the sweater. That was just pretty weird.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.