Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious...what is the most spookiest experience you've had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious...what is the most spookiest experience you've had?

I know I know...Halloween has passed and now we're only dealing with the high dental bills to come.......LOL (that's scarey in itself).

As most of you know, I am in the travel business and I book or deal with hotels all over the world. So I hear alot of stories and spooky tales from clients all the time. The most recent one was from Savannah. Anyhow, I have my own spooky story:

I was at a friends house and there was a spirit or something there that didn't like me. So one night, with a room full of sleeping girls (a slumber party), this blue aura light thing floated from the closet to above me, but I felt the chill, the coldest chill ever. I was sooo scared, keep in mind, I am not usually scared by this stuff, and it floated above me, I felt it on my back and stroke my hair, it whispered in my ear, "I am here". I couldn't scream or yell to the person next to me, then it just floated away..... ooooo that was creepy.....

And in Provo, UT at a hotel about 2 years ago. I was up with my son and you could hear kids running up and down the hall, even trying to open my door.... I got up looked out the door and nothing. My son asked me...what's goin on...I just said..oh I think they're just lively tonite or hungry....LOL

But to keep it lite and kinda funny, here is a little insert from a article on a hotel in historic Savannah which happened:

On the humorous side, is a little story about noisy children. One woman called down to the front desk in the wee hours of the morning. She reported very noisy children running up and down the hallway keeping her awake. She requested the staff come up and stop it. “What kind of parents would let their children behave in such a manner?” The desk clerk replied, “I’m very sorry madam but the parents are dead.” “That’s no excuse. Someone is responsible for them, “ retorted the upset visitor. In reply the clerk quickly added, “You see, we can’t stop them either because the children are dead as well.”

JEESH...........LOL. Okay, so what's your spooooooky story?
    You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
    [email protected]

On the first Halloween in our 'new' house years ago, at the stroke of Midnight the bathroom light fixture fell and shattered all over.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

When I went to my first wake at a funeral! EEEESH!
      "Riches from the heart can not be stolen."

Comment

i went camping once and found a circular grove of sticker bushes with an obvious archway for the entrance, inthe center was a tree stump with red stuff all over it. when we wlked out of the circle we looked down the dirt road and a white horse walked out, looked at us, and kept walking.

it was freaky.
        There are 2 types of people in the world...
        Really stupid people who think they are smart
        and
        Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

My ex and I were living in this old house. It had been converted into a duplex so there was a boarded up, walled in door along one wall of our bedroom. It was wallpapered all nice and we had a dresser in front of it. I woke up one night and he was sitting up wide awake looking scared to death. He asked me "Did you see it?" I thought he was crazy and asked what "it" was. He had woken up to see a "lady" sorta floating in front of the door where the dresser was. She wore her hair down and was in 'ol' time' pioneer dress. He said she reached out to him extending her hand, gesturing him to 'come' to her. She did this several times as he was reluctant to comply. He said she looked disappointed and then disappeared. I told him he was dreaming :) but he insisted. So, then I gave him hell for not waking me up so I could see! He's never been one to make things up so I tend to believe him. But, how weird!
          Pilamaye
          "If today I had a young mind to direct, to start on the journey of life, and I was faced with the duty of choosing between the natural way of my forefathers and that of the... present way of civilization, I would, for its welfare, unhesitatingly set that child's feet in the path of my forefathers. I would raise him to be an Indian!"-Luther Standing Bear, Lakota

Comment

Did you know that Concho, Oklahoma is listed on one of the most haunted places lists in the US? (don't ask me where to find the listing, I don't know....LOL)

But one night, when my sistah was on the police force, she had me go with her to concho pd to pick up something she left at the office it was after midnite. She was driving her vehicle out there (her pov, not patrol unit) and she she parked in the circle driveway as close to the door as she could. She said, don't leave me here, I'm just gonna go in and get something. So she went, and I couldn't figure out why she left the car running, yanno, wasting gas, so I turned it off and over and flipped on the radio and was running thru the channels. Just sitting outside by myself when I looked out the passenger door mirror and saw someone walk past the mirror from left to right, so I turned to see who it was, and there was no one there.

Now if that wasn't freaky enough, I heard a ball bouncin and some little kids singing some childhood lullaby when they was jumpin rope and it was echoing off the buildings. That's when I laid on the horn and started the freakin car back up. LOL My sister runs back outside and says, whatever it is, please don't tell me about it until we get clear of concho....LOL
            sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN
              Did you know that Concho, Oklahoma is listed on one of the most haunted places lists in the US? (don't ask me where to find the listing, I don't know....LOL)
              Chevy,

My friend's were circulating a picture of a Bigfoot that was taken near the Concho sundance grounds. I also heard the dormatories have a lot of things in them. I have been to the Thursday night sweats there. But I have never seen anything.

Scary? Hmmmm? Let me see? I have seen ghosts, spirits, poltergeists, UFO's, a skinwalker, a bigfoot and a little person.

Hmmm? THE MOST SCARY-EST?

'Looooone time ago, I had been 49in all night. When I finally woke up, I was facing a wall and was scared to death to turn around ..... and see who was next to me!

*L
              Last edited by WhoMe; 11-07-2006, 02:12 AM.
              Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

LOL good one WhoMe.

Comment

@ Who.

I've had a couple of freaky experiences. Our old house in Georgia was haunted. As a kid I hell-hated that place. Every night around 11:00 PM to midnight stuff would get riled up. One night I was saying my prayers before I got ready to go to bed. I was in a t-shirt that stopped below muh bunz and unders. My room was really small. A twin bed, a built in dresser with a large 3ft mirror on the wall above it, and a built in closet. There I was on my knees saying my prayers getting ready to go to bed when I heard this sound coming from behind me. I stopped and turned to look when my mirror (which had been there for years) began to fall off of the wall. Keep in mind it was just a plain glass mirror.... no frame or anything. I couldn't move. All I could do was watch it fall. It fell so slow it was almost like it was in slow motion. I saw it lean over off the wall like this ----> / then tumble over the dresser like this ------>___ then land on the floor about three inches away from my leg like this ----> \ with the gray backing facing me. And here's the thing, it fell about four feet without a frame. It was a thin piece of mirror....... and nothing broke... no chips.... no scratches..... and.... I didn't hear a thing after I heard it start to fall. A few seconds later I was able to call mom and she ran in and stared. I remember her saying that it was a miracle it didn't shatter and slice me to pieces.

Me and my twin nieces were having a sleep over. We were all happy. Well we knew better than to turn off the light so we slept with it on. It was pretty late when we heard someone in the kitchen moving dishes.... then again walking through the halls and livingroom. We were sooooooooo scared. We just clung to each other. We were just in elementary school small enough for the three of us to fit on a twin sized mattress lol. There wasn't much in the room except for the chair at the foot of the bed, a built in dresser, and a big closet. Well, whatever it is stops right outside our door.... it gets reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal quiet.... then we hear the doorknob fumbling and scratching on the door. OMG we were so freakin scared. Nobody could say anything. We just clung to eachother. Then for some reason..... I called my grandma. She had passed recently. I called her three times and it stopped. I opened my eyes and saw my grandma sitting in the chair by the bed. She was smiling at me. I said thank you gramma, I love you. And she disappeared.
                  SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Many years ago I was house-sitting for a friend on Halloween night. I was coming in for the first time and came in late from a party to a dark house that turned out to be full of hundreds of ticking clocks (her husband was a collector), and just at the stroke of midnight, as they all started gonging away, I walked into the TV room, turned on the light - and found a full human skeleton sitting in a rocking chair in front of the TV (SHE was a collector of bones - don't know how she got the full skeleton). Then the dog locked in the basement started howling. Scared the ---- out of me. I never housesat there again.

Comment

Originally posted by trob226
                      Many years ago I was house-sitting for a friend on Halloween night. I was coming in for the first time and came in late from a party to a dark house that turned out to be full of hundreds of ticking clocks (her husband was a collector), and just at the stroke of midnight, as they all started gonging away, I walked into the TV room, turned on the light - and found a full human skeleton sitting in a rocking chair in front of the TV (SHE was a collector of bones - don't know how she got the full skeleton). Then the dog locked in the basement started howling. Scared the ---- out of me. I never housesat there again.

I guess that gives a new term for a Bone Collector?? LOL...dang. So she had a skeleton in full view just sittin there? or was it something else?? lol.....I wouldn't housesit there either, knowing me those bones would chase after me....haha. Now thats pretty freaky....
                      You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
                      [email protected]

Comment

LOL okay this isn't scarey but one time I was watchin people under the stairs with my little cousin and he was sitting by the window, well we both were, and it had no screen. I started inchin away from the window and he was like, what are you doin? and I was like, well you never know and he's laughing at me calling me a scaredy cat when my brother in law reached in and grabbed him and he starts screamin like a little girl...LOL....oh wait, maybe I should post this one in the den...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN
                          LOL okay this isn't scarey but one time I was watchin people under the stairs with my little cousin and he was sitting by the window, well we both were, and it had no screen. I started inchin away from the window and he was like, what are you doin? and I was like, well you never know and he's laughing at me calling me a scaredy cat when my brother in law reached in and grabbed him and he starts screamin like a little girl...LOL....oh wait, maybe I should post this one in the den...LOL
                          hehehehe that sounds like my nephew only he's full grown.
                          SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

well this doesn't count for the spoooookiest experience, but one that happened recently.

my daughter and i were sitting up late the other night chatting and we had the tv on. we started getting into the tv show...not sure what it is called, but it's one of those reality shows w/celebrities & they try to connect w/the spirits & videotape it as it's happening. anyway, it was Holyfield & some lady...they were to find this specific room where a lady was held in shackles and i think she was tortured there. so they have these videocameras on and they are connected w/the rest of thier group that is in a different building....one of these guys is telling them what they are to do and then he will tell them the story of this girl that was tortured & what "they" say happened to her. first, Holyfield is told he is to kneel and place his arms in the shackles...he don't want to do it so the lady volunteers to do it. she is very scared but gets down on the floor and just as Holyfield is locking her wrists in these shackles hanging from the ceiling....our electricity goes out!! my daughter flung herself onto my lap........LOL. i just sat there waiting for the electricity to come back on because it wasn't storming out!! we waited for like ten minutes....in the dark....they didn't come on so we finally went to bed...LOL. crazy!

Comment

the scariest thing that has ever happened to me has to have been when I was young like under ten and my gramma used to take me on road trips all the time. we would just drive and drive, we never stayed in hotels, but in the car, and we always had braunschwieger sandwiches and chips and what not. but anyway, we would just sleep in the car. we had so much fun seeing thngs and learning from people. so this one night we turn down this road and find it to be a dead end no light or anything kinda like a culda sac, off behind the service road and the gas station. well anyway we turned around in the culda sac (this is off some highway have no idea where but we were out past anywhere we knew.) and gramma thought it would be nice to sit out on the hood of the car and see the stars, there were so many. I started to open the car door and saw something move out of the ditch. it was this women all dirty with stringy hair and these crazy black eyes. she just stood up out of the ditch and started walking towards my grammas little car. my gramma kept saying lock the door lock the door, but i could not move i was frozen i just kept starring into her eyes. just as her hand reached for the door handle my gramma reached over and slammed the lock down. do not ask me why she just did not drive away maybe she was stuck in fear, but i remember looking back seeing her standing in the middle of the road watching us drive away. i guess i will never know if she was going to hurt us was she a ghost was she in trouble did she need our help, all i know is we stayed in a hotel that night. lol, my poor gramma.
                              A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.