Christmas Anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Anyone???

Okay...what are you buying for gifts this Christmas? I have 20 year old, a 17, a 13 and a 10 year old....all girls. The 10 and 20 year old are easy to buy for, its the two in the middle that puzzle me. What do teenagers like? We live out in the country in rural Oklahoma, so take that into consideration. LOL In fact, we got our first IPOD and are still trying to figure it out. LOL My girls don't play PSP, or any of that, they watch Disney, get on the computer, watch movies, and they watch pow wow videos everyday(I hate that because they make fun of me....I have lost 40 pounds since last summer so I get alot of teasing from them on that. LOL) They also study dancing, and practice dancing every day. They can name any round dance song, study all kinds of pow wow music and love to listen to any kind of indian music. But they have ALL the newest Cd's so that's not an option. What do you buy the typical pow wow teenager? I don't care for the Rez Dog line of clothing or any of that, my girls are country girls anyway.
    I am easy to buy for....Amarige by Givenchy, and indian jewelry, and hair products.LOL. My family already knows what to get me and I don't mind that I am that easy to buy for that shows I know who I am and what I like. I love to buy fragrances for my nephews too, I just love walking into Dillards or Foleys just to smell the men's colognes...I have good taste and always know what I like and don't like. The same with clothes...Polo for men, I have always loved the way Ralph Lauren clothes look on guys. He is my favorite. Girls clothes are pretty universal, but Ralph is awesome.
    Of course $$$$ always works, but that's no fun. I like lots of gifts under my tree even if they aren't expensive ones, its just the idea of giving.
    Last edited by sltate; 11-30-2006, 04:36 PM.
    I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power

How about if you ask them what they would like, have them write a "Christmas list", that's something we used to do when we were children in my house.
    Or take them on an adventure, horseback riding, horse sleigh ride, skiing, dogsledding,(dogsledding is a great adventure, we've done that once, two years ago, we plan on doing that again this year.) Good Luck~~~ Happy Hunting.

Comment

Try PBS.com for some DVD's or see if Claires has a website to order stuff from like hair bow's ect....
      Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

Or be sneaky and ask them what their friends would want for Christmas.

Is the 10 year old a girl? My niece is 10 now and I'm stuck. She's too old for toys and dolls now and doesn't have pierced ears so I'm at a loss there.

I know what I want to get mostly everyone else, but now it's down to 'what can I afford?'
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

Wyo, go to Claires at the mall should fit your budget and you can buy gift certificates so they can choose what they want if you can't pick out something that you think they would like.
          Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

For my daughter: A new phone and cleaned her house and did all her laundry for her children too.
            For my eldest granddaughter: A game called "Cat-Opoly"
            For my 3 & 4 year old granddaughter's: Since they share a room, I got them a radio with a CD player in it, an animated doll, a sit down scooter for Faith, and a music box.
            For my son: A DVD from Animusic.com
            My husband got me two necklace's and a pair of earrings from a Cookie Lee showing today.
            I don't have my husband's gift yet....still working on that!
            "Riches from the heart can not be stolen."

Comment

Hey, thanks for the suggestions....yes, i have all girls. I have decided to do it like this...i asked each of them what they wanted if they could pick one important thing, the oldest said a digital camera, the next one said clothes, the 13 year old said athletic clothes and the baby (10) said an easy bake oven (yikes!). So, I am going to take them to OKC the weekend of Christmas, we are going to get a hotel room so they can swim, eat at Zio's for supper and hit the mall. I am giving them each a set amount of cash to be spent on their sisters, not themselves, therefore they will enjoy picking gifts out for their sisters. Then I will get a chance to shop too. They really liked this idea, and are already excited about what to get for each other and budgeting their resources. I want them to learn to give to one another and consider each other at this time of year. Usually, as parents, we give them what they want, I know my husband and I did, but this year I am alone, and I want them to enjoy the season as givers not receivers, hoping they will experience the joy of giving and it will also give me the opportunity to spend quality time with them and give them the extra love and attention they need during this time of year. It's all about loving each other and giving of yourself....I always valued the monetary part of Christmas, I like expensive things..I won't lie, but now my life experiences are teaching me the value of quality time and teaching this to my girls. I hope you all have a lovely and blessed Christmas and I hope you know what I had to learn the hard way...LOL, spend time with your family, its not just the gifts, its not just the money, its loving your family and showing them this love so that they can feel it...love is a healer you know....lots of love and blessings to all of you! You guys are great! Sandy
              I am thankful for my grandparents, my parents, my brothers, my aunties and uncles, my children, my companion and all of those who influenced me to be strong and proud of being who I am and where I come from. Knowledge is power

Comment

Wow Brilliant! Time together as a family, and you let them shop while you do it!
                I've got a dad and a roomie but they are easy. Papa is getting pj's and slippers (he's worn a hole in the old ones) and roomie is getting, so pj's, a jacked and some CD's.
                One thing if anyone has a SAMS CLUB nearby (and has a card or knows someone who does). We got a new TV cabinet and somehow killed the old DVD player when we moved everything around. At SAMS last week i found a DVD player for $29.88!!!! And it works! So the roomie's kids are getting that. Also for the digital camera- try KEH.com. They sell new and used equipment- with a 30 day warrenty and a rating system. Good, excellent, like new, bargain - my roomie is a professional photographer and has purchased much of his equipment through them- usually bargain or good- saved lots of money and gotten good service and equipment. And he depends on good equipment.

Comment

So, sltate........looks like you'll be busy playn Santa, huh? can I tell you want I want for xmas and you can add it to your list, lol..........I jokes.
                  lisaironmaker

Comment

You think 10 y/o girls are bad to shop for - try a 12 y/o boy! Our son has his horse, his dog and his gun so he's like "Mom, I don't need anything else!'

Comment

so i've got what...20 days left to shop for xmas........!?!! yikes! i did purchase a few things though, but not even close to being done! get this...i bought my 13 yr old daughter some roller blades (i know it's winter folks..lol) and i wrapped them up...first thing she says when she walks in the house and sees this wrapped box, "you got me rollerblades didn't you!?" i was thinking to myself...#$%@ !!!!!! haha so i fibbed...and said "NO!" dammit! i also got her the dance revolution thingy for ps2...she's only been asking for 2yrs now! haha

i plan on getting her some clothes & books....she loves to read! she's also really into gift certificates...that way she can buy what she wants.

nieces & nephews are getting leappad computerized learning gadgets....don't ask me, i just know they are learning electronic things..haha! older nephews are probably getting xbox game.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.