Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what book(s) are you reading now?

three day road by joseph boyden

'Three Day Road tells the story of a pair of James Bay Cree, Xavier and Elijah, who become famous snipers in the Canadian Army during the First World War. And telling stories is also a large part of what it's all about. The narrative is a tag-team performance. When Xavier returns home, missing a leg, addicted to morphine and obviously dying, his Auntie Niska picks him up at the train station and together they begin a three-day canoe journey home (meant to suggest the "three day road" of the title, which refers to death). Niska hopes to sustain Xavier on the journey with stories of her own and Xavier's childhood. In turn, Xavier tells the story of what happened on the Front and Elijah's descent into madness.'

its taking me awhile to read..want to savour all the war scenes...ill give my opinion when im done

Yikes! That sounds intense... I'm sure that would make me cry. I'm a wuss... I cry everytime I watch animal planet. Such sad feral cats.... :*( I'm not much for war scenes but I would love to hear about the stories the Aunt tells. Ayeeez, I can't read those serious books. I admire you! :P

I'm reading "The World Was My Garden: Travels of a Plant Explorer"... yes, if powwows.com had a Biggest Dork/Nerd ranking, I would expect to win. lol

NEway, its the autobiography of the Horticulture Scientist, David Fairchild, back in the late 1800's. Its a pretty interesting look back into life during that period and horticulture at its start. I'm a plant nerd :/ *shuffles back to her laboratory*

I'd love to hear other book recommendations from y'all. I don't trust Oprah... hahahahahaha
    ~*The only thing we know for sure is that we believe.*~

Comment

right now i got a book called Eldest written by Christopher Paolini. and author from montana. its the second book after Eragon.

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
      RezinInc

sigpic

Comment

One Fish, Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish...its deep...its profound, and philosophical...a total classic

:o)

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
        When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

Originally posted by stillrezin View Post
          right now i got a book called Eldest written by Christopher Paolini. and author from montana. its the second book after Eragon.
          i was going to buy that book last xmas..should have...ill go rent the movie soon ..begs i still cant find that book i have duck feet...i wnat to take it out of the library

Comment

I am re reading "IT", by Stephen King.

Then I am going to re read "Blood Canticles" by Anne Rice.
            "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
            —Janis Joplin

Comment

"Tuesdays With Morrie" by Mitch Albom
              "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Comment

For my son's ive been reading Open Season. For myself ive been reading Where The Red Fern Grows. Ive read it several times and seen teh movie but I like it .I read it for the first time as achild but still like it. Oh and Charlottes Web for the kido's...
                I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

At Risk by Patricia Cornwell.
                  Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

I am re-reading Pegasus Descending by James Lee Burke. I just finished Blue Belle by Vachss and my requested material hasn't come in yet.
                    "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

Right now I'm readin Chesapeak Blue (fourth book in the Quinn brothers series by Nora Roberts) It's Seth's turn, all grown up. *L*

Also grabbed a new release, Hollywood Girls Club so I need to start on that b/c it's only a 7 day checkout. (gotta love the library!) *L*

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

Originally posted by CandaePrincess View Post
                        Right now I'm readin Chesapeak Blue (fourth book in the Quinn brothers series by Nora Roberts) It's Seth's turn, all grown up. *L*

Also grabbed a new release, Hollywood Girls Club so I need to start on that b/c it's only a 7 day checkout. (gotta love the library!) *L*
                        I didn't know she had a 4th book in the Quinn bro series. I love those books. Are they still making boats?
                        "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

YEP! Yeah I told NDNKIDZ about it too b/c she didn't know there was a 4th book. It's about Seth and he's all grown up and a famous artist. He has been in Europe and finally comes back home. Cam, Phillip and Ethan are like in their 50s by then or late 40s. I know it's been over 15 years or something b/c Seth's like 30 or almost 30...something. It's pretty good. I am such a dork though, when he talks about his old dog Foolish, girl WHY did I start crying. I MISS MY DOGGIE!!! *L*
                          Last edited by CandaePrincess; 05-21-2007, 11:06 AM.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

Originally posted by CandaePrincess View Post
                            YEP! Yeah I told NDNKIDZ about it too b/c she didn't know there was a 4th book. It's about Seth and he's all grown up and a famous artist. He has been in Europe and finally comes back home. Cam, Phillip and Ethan are like in their 50s by then or late 40s. I know it's been over 15 years or something b/c Seth's like 30 or almost 30...something. It's pretty good. I am such a dork though, when he talks about his old dog Foolis, girl WHY did I start crying. I MISS MY DOGGIE!!! *L*
                            Foolish.....awwww....when I read that I got chills. That's so sad. I'll have to get it reserved at the library, too.

Comment

Blood Canticle, AnneRice
                              187TatankaOyate..KingBird..DakotahHotaine..
                              ..MidniteExpress'..HighLife..

..BuffaloHorse
                              ..Eyabay..BattleCreek..
                              BlazingSaddles..wHIteHorse

CitieHigh..BlackBearCrossing..CederCreek..
                              ChinikiLake..TimberLand..TBZ..BadNation

..Estayapi..Mandaree..BLACKSTONE ..HIGHNOON..
                              LakeVermillion..LittleOtter..RedBull*..LynxClan

**Sizzortail..BearCreek..WildROse..cOzad..GtO..

LynxClan..N0rtheRnCree..Tatae`Topaw..MeskwakiNatio n..
                              StoneyCreek..BlackLodge..YngKingbird..
                              Oyatae..

Eva-Hey Nakota
                              ..RockyBoyRamblers..PonemahRamblerz..
                              CumberLand.wildHorse..oGiidakii..SmokeyTown..
                              NorthernWInd ojibwe plainz
                              RIP lil brother

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • namamiinc
                                Hello From FLorida
                                by namamiinc
                                I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
                                12-01-2022, 07:14 AM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X