Just outta curiousity....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just outta curiousity....

What does a Grey bead mean?... its a first for me, but I got one. it looks STRANGE in my long line o' green beads...hhhhmmmm...odd.
    "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Originally posted by Dat1NdnGuy View Post
    What does a Grey bead mean?... its a first for me, but I got one. it looks STRANGE in my long line o' green beads...hhhhmmmm...odd.

I just got my first one last week, too. I think it's badddddd I noticed mine wasn't "personalized." lol Was yours?
    "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

It means you're going to be visited for the next three nights by the legendary pirate Greybead... oh wait...wrong guy...

happy beading!
      I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

Originally posted by ok24stacey View Post
        I just got my first one last week, too. I think it's badddddd I noticed mine wasn't "personalized." lol Was yours?

Nope it wasn't...someones trynna be all "mysterious"...
        "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

Comment

I know red is a bad bead....maybe your post made someone feel "somehow" so it came across as gray?? *L*

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

Dang! I got one of them mysterious gray beads, too!

No, nobody owned up to this one, either. It was given in response to a post where someone was asking to get an Indian name, or adopted or something, and I tried to (gently) point out that nothing screams "wannabe" like blasting into this forum asking for an Indian name...

I guess my advice wasn't very well received?!

Comment

Thanks SE.....so a grey bead means someone made an effort. Alright!
              Last edited by ok24stacey; 08-28-2007, 01:39 PM.
              "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

Comment

Grey beads are from people who don't have enough posts/rep of their own to make a difference in your rep - either positive or negative.

You must have at least 25 posts (I think) to be able to rep and make it count!

So don't sweat the grey bead.

Comment

How many color beads are there ?

Is it just green,red, an gray ?

Comment

I WILL find YOU gray bead person!!!....YES I will!!! and i'mma give U a RED one!!

Comment

I WILL find YOU gray bead person!!!....YES I will!!! and i'mma give U a RED one!!
                      ummm....what if they were giving you a green one but they just didn't have enough posts??? That would be kinda mean to give them a red one just b/c they're still seeing things in gray. whaaayyyyy

Comment

LOL good point...hhhhhmmmm owno. I'll have to thinkafy on it.

Comment

Way to come out swingin tho. lol

Comment

Hey I got one of those grey beads the other week!!!
                            I think there is a little grey bead elf running around being mischievous...
                            ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                            Till I Die!

Comment

"a gray bead for a gray bead, will only lead to a gray world."

whee chaa! *L* Is it Friday yet??? *L*

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.