Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi-jacking Threads.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi-jacking Threads.

    Kind of annoying to see folks come on an interesting thread such as the one asking why people would choose their screen name and then see it HI-JACKed. I go on that thread looking for interesting explanations as to why people would chose their name; but what do I get? People stealing the thread and using it for their own little world topics. How annoying and rude this is for other people.

    There is a lot of this going on here at powwows.com.
    Anybody else annoyed by it?

  • #2
    Well quite frankly I didn't think people couldn't have a conversation within a topic? If so there should be some rules posted here. Thought the point of the forum was to get to know folks...how can you do that if you don't make some conversation now and then. Jeez.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nope not annoyed

      Comment


      • #4
        ^^^^^

        What she said...

        Kind of hard when a thread goes on a tangent to stop everybody and say - "wait a minute - I'm starting a thread on this - let's go over here."

        Besides, forums kind of flow like conversations do. Haven't you ever started talking to someone about 1 topic only to find out 15 or 20 minutes later that you've talked about 3 or 4 other things by that time, seemingly totally unrelated?

        That's the nature of human conversation - not the result of anybody being mean-spirited and trying to purposely derail someone's thread.

        Comment


        • #5


          did anyone like those geico commercials?


          ...GoT GreaSe?...

          www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
          RezinInc



          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kiiwedinong View Post
            Kind of annoying to see folks come on an interesting thread such as the one asking why people would choose their screen name and then see it HI-JACKed. I go on that thread looking for interesting explanations as to why people would chose their name; but what do I get? People stealing the thread and using it for their own little world topics. How annoying and rude this is for other people.

            There is a lot of this going on here at powwows.com.
            Anybody else annoyed by it?
            No, its doesn't bother me, and in fact my recent thread about my tanned beavers has been hi-jacked. I try and create new threads that will be interesting. I see nothing wrong with people adding and the thread evolving, that's what this forum is about. Now the only thing lately that bothers me are recently departed members, who ruin threads for me, because they are only on their to demean and insult the other powwow.com members, their is no talking to them on an adult level.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by stillrezin View Post


              did anyone like those geico commercials?
              hahaha!

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm all for meeting people, having conversations and what not; I also totally understand the "nature" of human conversation. These are all valid arguments.
                But think of it this way, don't you think you are killing the thread? There must be hundreds of people who come on here to read intersting threads but instead are caught reading the conversations of a small number of people. Kind of defeats the purpose of the thread. I dont think anybody is interested what this small group of people are talking about. Most of us dont even know what this group is talking about in the first place. Thats why its annoying. We dont know what you are talking about, yet you steal the thread with your conversations.
                I dont know. Its annoying is all Im saying.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by stillrezin View Post


                  did anyone like those geico commercials?
                  I liked the geco better than the caveman .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by w30 View Post
                    I liked the geco better than the caveman .
                    k, rezzy focus..you have to stay on topic..he's very annoyed..do u hear me..annoyed..so quit that NOW...lol..this isn't a puppy thread either..
                    "I don't know why you never tried to tell me I was the one for you, I'm telling you my love is true and you're the only one for me -NC

                    I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kiiwedinong View Post
                      I'm all for meeting people, having conversations and what not; I also totally understand the "nature" of human conversation. These are all valid arguments.
                      But think of it this way, don't you think you are killing the thread? There must be hundreds of people who come on here to read intersting threads but instead are caught reading the conversations of a small number of people. Kind of defeats the purpose of the thread. I dont think anybody is interested what this small group of people are talking about. Most of us dont even know what this group is talking about in the first place. Thats why its annoying. We dont know what you are talking about, yet you steal the thread with your conversations.
                      I dont know. Its annoying is all Im saying.
                      Well you know this one time at band camp..................yada yada!

                      Is that what you mean by annoying?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My point is threads die when conversations are not flowing. One can only reply so many times to a particular topic before they move on. You an only reply so many times to let's say "what your screen name means". Heck after one post...according to you...we should move on. If everyone did that...How long would the post really last.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i liked the cavemen more myself



                          *Kalilsha*



                          If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
                          When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i want to say somthing but im afrit ill stop the thread its happend befor lol also i want to play with my ink but nooooo.


                            and are you really a drum judge.
                            im going to learn dubbel duch any day now.
                            Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PrairieTX View Post
                              My point is threads die when conversations are not flowing. One can only reply so many times to a particular topic before they move on. You an only reply so many times to let's say "what your screen name means". Heck after one post...according to you...we should move on. If everyone did that...How long would the post really last.
                              Other message boards I frequent have what they call "The Bump" method. What they usually do is type in "bump" on a thread so that it will always be on the top of an MB list or, the way you put it, wont die out.

                              I made my point about Hi-Jackers already. I'm happy with what I said. It is a message board after all right? Its ok for people to speak their minds. Go ahead and make all your jokes. I'm not bothered. Just remember I never insulted anybody, made fun of anybody, or said anything rude to attack anybody personally. I handled it in the most respectful way; unfortunately I cant speak on behalf of someone about the same way.

                              Anyways...carry on.

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              • OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

                                Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X