Funniest Situations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funniest Situations

PLEASE POST the funniest situations you have found yourself in....OR have seen!
    Last edited by APACHEFIRE; 12-05-2007, 02:02 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
    "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
    "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
    "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
    "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

OK, ok. i guess i have to tell you one first...*laughing*

this situation takes place in southern california where i used to live. in a very busy and crowded city.

when i did my marketing, i used to take two or more hours to make sure i didnt forget anything. one time when i came out of the market, i had forgotten where i had parked my van. so there i was, walking around and around in the dark, pushing my full cart around.

it seemed i was searching forever, because by that time my feet were really sore. i of course was also trying to look nonchalant, like i wasnt lost. but then i heard my name called. i looked around, but didnt see who called at first. then i heard it again. when i turned towards who was calling my name, i saw my husband. driving the family car we had both come in! *laughing*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Mine would have to be the time that the youth group took all the kids horse back riding and I went with them. Years ago my sisters were taking riding lessons, I had been told that I would go when I got home (I was away staying with relatives for part of the summer). But I never got to go because we moved again as soon as I got back.LOL

My son was in a youth program since he was about 9 years old. There was a woman involved whose brother had horses and had offered to teach the kids how to ride. It was a great idea, but I was working at a seniors building and couldn't go. Finally one time I actually got to go. Oh my, I will never forget it.

I'm a fairly short person, not extremely short--I have met one or two shorter then me, but not much more. Well, these horses were huge. My one friends husband used to work on a horse farm in Mexico and he was helping out, oh I was so glad that he was there.LOL For me to even get up on the horse took some inginuity and acrobats.LMAO

They had a step stool there and that helped, but not alot for me. I was on the stool and still had to lift my leg up to my chest to get my foot into the stirrups. Then I pulled myself up, at this point I'm standing one foot in the stirrup and the other free. Standing there, where the saddle was was just below my boobs. Okay, so at this point I'm thinking that maybe I should get down, well my friends wonderful (sarcasim) husband took the stool away and I was left there trying to figure out how I was going to get the rest of the way on this horse. Okay, I pulled and sort of leaped up and wound up with my stomach on the saddle and half of me on one side and the other half on the other side. By then everyone was cracking up and my friend was trying to tell me how to do it. So I swund my right leg over and spun myself to face the front of the horse. Then I had to shimmy up to actually get into the saddle. Okay, now I'm on this horse, but my feet don't reach the stirrups, they are just above and dangling. Then I get a horse with a sense of humor---I was not amused. He was being bothered by the flies and his tail swated and his left back leg came up and when he did that---I went up in the air. My friend said that my eyes got as big as silver dollars. As her husband had the reigns and was leading the horse (and me) around the circle, every couple of steps this horses rear leg would go up in the air and then so would I.LMAO None of the other horses had that problem at all----NO----just the one that I was on and just while I was on him.LOL

So when we got back to the start, now I have to get off this horse. So I kind of bent and spun again and then slid down to where I could get my foot into the stirrup so I could get the rest of the way down. My friends husband brought back over the stool, as I came down I hit it wrong and it flipped up and hit me in the side of the leg.LOL This was definately interesting all the way around. Everyone was laughing hysterically at me over that. It was kind of comical.LOL

Comment

I guess I should tell most famous one about me that seems to be brought up every Christmas season in my mothers family.Now mind you, I was about 3 or 4 at the time I said it.
        To set it up, my older brother and cousins (about 15 of them.)were all either on leave or home from college and had spent the night before hanging out together and catching up at a strip club of course. Now eariler I was on the couch, suppose to be napping, while they were watching the football game and talking about night before. Of course at the dinner table one of my uncles asked that age old question, what are you boys going to do when you get out of college or the miltary? One of my aunt's looked at her son and said, yeah, what are you going to do when you grow up?
        Well, the boys started to come up with their answers and announced that I knew what I was going to be when I grew up! I was going to be a STRIPPER! Then I told them why! I quoted, a few of the guys (word for word, I'm told.) While my brother and older cousins all started hitting doorways, the closest windows, ect... to face the wrath of my mother and aunts!
        To this day my cousin Lee swears Granny blocked the kitchen door and my aunt Helen had her son Johnny grabed by the back of his pants halfway out the living room window. My cousin Randy says uncle Jack shoved him through the dinning window when he was only half out to help him out. My dad used to say the uncles didn't want to help the boys out to much, but they had already learned NOT to talk about things that little children could over hear and repeat. Also they all knew they were busted for being under age, since they were between the ages of 17 to 20 and their moms were going to let them have it when they caught them.
        As for me I got a lecture on not repeating what the boys said except to mother in private and then another from daddy not to let mother know what the boys said again, but to make and sure tell him. My brother told me not to be a tattler and from that day forward made sure I took naps in the bedroom.
        Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by timmy tiger View Post
          Mine would have to be the time that the youth group took all the kids horse back riding and I went with them. Years ago my sisters were taking riding lessons, I had been told that I would go when I got home (I was away staying with relatives for part of the summer). But I never got to go because we moved again as soon as I got back.LOL

My son was in a youth program since he was about 9 years old. There was a woman involved whose brother had horses and had offered to teach the kids how to ride. It was a great idea, but I was working at a seniors building and couldn't go. Finally one time I actually got to go. Oh my, I will never forget it.

I'm a fairly short person, not extremely short--I have met one or two shorter then me, but not much more. Well, these horses were huge. My one friends husband used to work on a horse farm in Mexico and he was helping out, oh I was so glad that he was there.LOL For me to even get up on the horse took some inginuity and acrobats.LMAO

They had a step stool there and that helped, but not alot for me. I was on the stool and still had to lift my leg up to my chest to get my foot into the stirrups. Then I pulled myself up, at this point I'm standing one foot in the stirrup and the other free. Standing there, where the saddle was was just below my boobs. Okay, so at this point I'm thinking that maybe I should get down, well my friends wonderful (sarcasim) husband took the stool away and I was left there trying to figure out how I was going to get the rest of the way on this horse. Okay, I pulled and sort of leaped up and wound up with my stomach on the saddle and half of me on one side and the other half on the other side. By then everyone was cracking up and my friend was trying to tell me how to do it. So I swund my right leg over and spun myself to face the front of the horse. Then I had to shimmy up to actually get into the saddle. Okay, now I'm on this horse, but my feet don't reach the stirrups, they are just above and dangling. Then I get a horse with a sense of humor---I was not amused. He was being bothered by the flies and his tail swated and his left back leg came up and when he did that---I went up in the air. My friend said that my eyes got as big as silver dollars. As her husband had the reigns and was leading the horse (and me) around the circle, every couple of steps this horses rear leg would go up in the air and then so would I.LMAO None of the other horses had that problem at all----NO----just the one that I was on and just while I was on him.LOL

So when we got back to the start, now I have to get off this horse. So I kind of bent and spun again and then slid down to where I could get my foot into the stirrup so I could get the rest of the way down. My friends husband brought back over the stool, as I came down I hit it wrong and it flipped up and hit me in the side of the leg.LOL This was definately interesting all the way around. Everyone was laughing hysterically at me over that. It was kind of comical.LOL
          *laughing* yep, TIMMY TIGER, i can see it all. just like i was there. oh im so sorry im laughing so hard. i have a friend who is short too. somehow i put her face to your story and that makes it funnier!

if someone had recorded your dilemma and sent it into "worlds funniest video" im sure you would have won, hands down! *laughing*
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Originally posted by Annie Fawn View Post
            I guess I should tell most famous one about me that seems to be brought up every Christmas season in my mothers family.Now mind you, I was about 3 or 4 at the time I said it.
            To set it up, my older brother and cousins (about 15 of them.)were all either on leave or home from college and had spent the night before hanging out together and catching up at a strip club of course. Now eariler I was on the couch, suppose to be napping, while they were watching the football game and talking about night before. Of course at the dinner table one of my uncles asked that age old question, what are you boys going to do when you get out of college or the miltary? One of my aunt's looked at her son and said, yeah, what are you going to do when you grow up?
            Well, the boys started to come up with their answers and announced that I knew what I was going to be when I grew up! I was going to be a STRIPPER! Then I told them why! I quoted, a few of the guys (word for word, I'm told.) While my brother and older cousins all started hitting doorways, the closest windows, ect... to face the wrath of my mother and aunts!
            To this day my cousin Lee swears Granny blocked the kitchen door and my aunt Helen had her son Johnny grabed by the back of his pants halfway out the living room window. My cousin Randy says uncle Jack shoved him through the dinning window when he was only half out to help him out. My dad used to say the uncles didn't want to help the boys out to much, but they had already learned NOT to talk about things that little children could over hear and repeat. Also they all knew they were busted for being under age, since they were between the ages of 17 to 20 and their moms were going to let them have it when they caught them.
            As for me I got a lecture on not repeating what the boys said except to mother in private and then another from daddy not to let mother know what the boys said again, but to make and sure tell him. My brother told me not to be a tattler and from that day forward made sure I took naps in the bedroom.
            *LAUGHING* omgosh. ANNE FAWN im glad CREATOR blessed me with a vivid imagination! ** laughing**. i can see it all now...*laughing*

but, now you know why i moved waaaay over here, away from my family on the west coast! we can never out live the things we have said or done, when we were growing up. boy and i said and did some doozies! *laughing* im glad im not the only one!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Honey, I live under in another state and someone always calls me to remind me every year. I was 3 give me a break! It was several years before I even found out was a stripper was. lol
              Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Annie Fawn View Post
                Honey, I live under in another state and someone always calls me to remind me every year. I was 3 give me a break! It was several years before I even found out was a stripper was. lol
                didnt anyone tell you,ANNIE FAWN, youre not supposed to give out your address or phone number to anyone? *laughing* i phone my mom, but she has phone suppression, so i have to dial that star then number before i can put my call through. but i know she doesnt waste time figuring out how to pull off numbers or stuff like that. so im fairly safe way up here in the boonies! *laughing*
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Ok...haha...I have one that I still chuckle about today....

I was about 15 or 16. My best friend and I were killing time after school until basketball practice started (2 hours!). We decided to go to Albertson's to get some bread. Nothing happened there, we liked their bread. From there, we mobbed over to Safeway to get some grapes...they always had the best ones. We were picking out our package of grapes, when we seen these really ugly green things called 'Ugli Fruit'. They looked gross...so we decided to buy them and try 'em. We went to the check out...everyone in line was asking what it was that we got. We told them 'Ugly Fruit'. They gave us the weirdest look. After we paid for our fruits, we went and sat in the little cafe area and just stared at our Ugly Fruit. We didn't know how to eat it! So we just stared at it. My friend decided that it was to be eaten like an apple. So we took a big 'ol bite of our Uglies...BLAH! That peel tasted so nasy!!! Our eyes watered up and we were spitting out the peel so fast. As we finished washing out our mouths, we just sat and stared at this fruit again. Before we knew it, people were crowding around us. We just looked at them and laughed. The only thing we could do was ask if anyone knew how this fruit was to be eaten. No one knew. So we peeled the fruit...and then noticed that it was in slices like an orange. So we peeled it apart, stared some more, and then took another bite. We were expecting something totally nasty, since the peel was gross. Our face went from anticipated sour face to an mmm-mm-mmmm sweet taste. It was sooo gewd. Everyone around us start to applaud. Talk about awkward!

When we finished eating our Uglies, we decided to go back to the school and get ready for practice. When I was in line for drills, my team mates were laughing. I didn't know what was up, but I wasn't about to start talking and find out what was so funny. We had to run if everyone got distracted. Heck with that. So when practice was coming to an end, it was my turn to shoot a freethrow. If you made it, the team didn't have to run. If you missed it, we ran...*ugh*. My team was not the greatest at freethrows either...

Anyways, when it was my turn, my coached passed me the ball and said "ok Ugly, it's your turn." I was so offended, I just looked at him and asked "what's that supposed to mean?!". Everyone busted out laughing, turns out, my friend put the sticker from my ugly fruit on my back. The sticker was bright orange and read "HI! I'M AN UGLI FRUIT! TRY ME!"

BAHAHAHAHA
                  HOWDY HOWDY HOWDY!!! LONG TIME NO SEE!!!

Comment

well, i was hoping this thread would be a lot more lively than what its turning out to be.

so, here is another one i remember. my mother used to love finch. we had a tall cage of them that she just adored. well, this day that i am talking about happened during the summer when we were moving from one part of town to another. to a much larger house. the new place was on a wide boulevard, right across the street from the local high school. the p.e. field took up the whole block facing us. it was surrounded by a really tall chain link fence built on a four foot cement retaining wall.

i was too young to help so i just stayed in the front yard, watching all the days activities. my eldest teenage brother helped my father load and unload all the stuff from one home to another. my brother road in the back of our pickup holding this thing or that, so it wouldnt slip out each time they took a corner.

near the end of the day, one of the last loads included my mothers tall birdcage, filled with all her finch. now my brother was half sitting and half leaning on the stuff in the back, keeping the cage from jostling too much. i could tell both he and my dad were pretty tired.

my dad made a u-turn in front of the new place, just as he had all day. as he came to a stop, my brother slid, and lost his balance. losing his grip on the finch cage. my brother slid off the pickup just as the birdcage followed.

my mom started yelling, "my birds! , my birds!" as the cage landed on the lawn and the top came off. at first the birds were so confused and frightened that they stayed in or near the cage. in the next split second, my brother started grabbing at them, as they seemed to all come alive at once. he almost caught a few, because they stayed in a small group.

the finch rose about three feet off the ground and headed across the street towards the high school. with my mom still shouting, my brother took off after them, leaping and jumping and grabbing at them. when the finch reached the fence,
                    some landed at the top, some just below.

my brother took a flying leap at the fence and climbed up in one swift move. as he reached the top, the finch took off again. my brother tried to leap over the fence, but caught the back pocket of his new jeans and they tore. then he got so mad, that when he landed on the grass, he picked up rocks and started chasing the birds as he threw rocks and cussed at them. my brother was madder than blazes!

the new neighbors up and down the block had come out to see who was moving in and had been watching from their porches most of the day. because all of this had happened so fast, everyone stood in silence at first. but then the comedy of it hit and we all had to laugh! my mom wasnt too happy, but no one could blame my brother!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Originally posted by lilbigwoman View Post
                      Ok...haha...I have one that I still chuckle about today....

I was about 15 or 16. My best friend and I were killing time after school until basketball practice started (2 hours!). We decided to go to Albertson's to get some bread. Nothing happened there, we liked their bread. From there, we mobbed over to Safeway to get some grapes...they always had the best ones. We were picking out our package of grapes, when we seen these really ugly green things called 'Ugli Fruit'. They looked gross...so we decided to buy them and try 'em. We went to the check out...everyone in line was asking what it was that we got. We told them 'Ugly Fruit'. They gave us the weirdest look. After we paid for our fruits, we went and sat in the little cafe area and just stared at our Ugly Fruit. We didn't know how to eat it! So we just stared at it. My friend decided that it was to be eaten like an apple. So we took a big 'ol bite of our Uglies...BLAH! That peel tasted so nasy!!! Our eyes watered up and we were spitting out the peel so fast. As we finished washing out our mouths, we just sat and stared at this fruit again. Before we knew it, people were crowding around us. We just looked at them and laughed. The only thing we could do was ask if anyone knew how this fruit was to be eaten. No one knew. So we peeled the fruit...and then noticed that it was in slices like an orange. So we peeled it apart, stared some more, and then took another bite. We were expecting something totally nasty, since the peel was gross. Our face went from anticipated sour face to an mmm-mm-mmmm sweet taste. It was sooo gewd. Everyone around us start to applaud. Talk about awkward!

When we finished eating our Uglies, we decided to go back to the school and get ready for practice. When I was in line for drills, my team mates were laughing. I didn't know what was up, but I wasn't about to start talking and find out what was so funny. We had to run if everyone got distracted. Heck with that. So when practice was coming to an end, it was my turn to shoot a freethrow. If you made it, the team didn't have to run. If you missed it, we ran...*ugh*. My team was not the greatest at freethrows either...

Anyways, when it was my turn, my coached passed me the ball and said "ok Ugly, it's your turn." I was so offended, I just looked at him and asked "what's that supposed to mean?!". Everyone busted out laughing, turns out, my friend put the sticker from my ugly fruit on my back. The sticker was bright orange and read "HI! I'M AN UGLI FRUIT! TRY ME!"

BAHAHAHAHA

**LAUGHING**

now this is a very funny story!! great one LILBIGWOMAN!!
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Was in Gatlinburg once witrh a young lady for a few days. One morning as I was fixing breakfast,she hollered to bring her purse to the bathroom. Took it to her and start back to breakfast. She hollers again. I go back and she wants me to go over to Walgreens,since it was close by, and pick up a box of girl supplies for her. I go to Walgreens,get what she wanted,and head for front counter. Young lady running register was new,another lady was observing,I put box on counter. Young girl looks at box,then me,looks at box again,then me,looks at box 3rd time and then me. I say they for me,cause I got bad nose bleeds. Woman watching cracked up, and the young lady turned as red as a ripe tomatoe.Next morning the 1 I was there with, and I stopped same Walgreens to get some soft drinks that were on sale.The older lady who had been observing was there by herself,aqnd when she saw me she started laughing and asked how my nose blleds were doing.1 I was with asked what we were talking about so we told her what had happened. She cracked up laughing,then she tells me I'm bad for doing that.
                        MIB

Hell,there are no rules here,we're just trying to accomplish something.

Comment

MIB--now that was funny. I would have died laughing. A friend of mine did something similar, but he was too young to realize at the time what he had done.LOL He told me this story while we were working at a bank years ago.

He was a kid and his mother was cooking dinner and getting ready for the family to come over, grandparents and that. So his mother asked him to go get some "Feminine Napkins" as he said. So he went to the store for her and he came back. He decided that since his mother was so busy making dinner that he would set the table for her with the flatware and the new napkins that he had just picked up at the store. The table was all set and he said that it looked good to him, when his mom walked in and about flipped out. She was so embarrassed and screamed. He had no idea, until years later, what he had actually done.ROFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by MIB View Post
                            Was in Gatlinburg once witrh a young lady for a few days. One morning as I was fixing breakfast,she hollered to bring her purse to the bathroom. Took it to her and start back to breakfast. She hollers again. I go back and she wants me to go over to Walgreens,since it was close by, and pick up a box of girl supplies for her. I go to Walgreens,get what she wanted,and head for front counter. Young lady running register was new,another lady was observing,I put box on counter. Young girl looks at box,then me,looks at box again,then me,looks at box 3rd time and then me. I say they for me,cause I got bad nose bleeds. Woman watching cracked up, and the young lady turned as red as a ripe tomatoe.Next morning the 1 I was there with, and I stopped same Walgreens to get some soft drinks that were on sale.The older lady who had been observing was there by herself,aqnd when she saw me she started laughing and asked how my nose blleds were doing.1 I was with asked what we were talking about so we told her what had happened. She cracked up laughing,then she tells me I'm bad for doing that.
                            *laughing* MIB i wonder if the young lady cashier quit her job! you are baaaad! but i guess that makes you fun! *laughing*
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Originally posted by timmy tiger View Post
                              MIB--now that was funny. I would have died laughing. A friend of mine did something similar, but he was too young to realize at the time what he had done.LOL He told me this story while we were working at a bank years ago.

He was a kid and his mother was cooking dinner and getting ready for the family to come over, grandparents and that. So his mother asked him to go get some "Feminine Napkins" as he said. So he went to the store for her and he came back. He decided that since his mother was so busy making dinner that he would set the table for her with the flatware and the new napkins that he had just picked up at the store. The table was all set and he said that it looked good to him, when his mom walked in and about flipped out. She was so embarrassed and screamed. He had no idea, until years later, what he had actually done.ROFLMAO
                              **LAUGHING** oh TIMMY TIGER, i have to repeat this one along with MIB's, to a friend of mine. hey, i can see that guys reasoning. i mean, he really couldnt know unless someone explained it to him. i guess his mom never did.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.