No announcement yet.

Pet Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first pet that I really loved was the bird (parakeet) that my dad bought me. I named him Henry. I was a teenager and he was given to me on my birthday. He had blue, white and yellow wings with the tips black. We got so used to each other, me cleaning his cage, watering and feeding him that I used to let him loose in my room and he would hang out in the closet.

He sang like all get out, and then at nite I would cover his cage so he would sleep. The next year my dad went with me to the mall and we picked out a female and a bigger cage for them. We named her Belly. So I had Henry and Belly. Crazy. I sure do miss them both. That was probably the best thing about my dad. He wasn't fond of dogs, he hated cats. But he said you can have a bird or some rabbits.
    sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN View Post
      My first pet that I really loved was the bird (parakeet) that my dad bought me. I named him Henry. I was a teenager and he was given to me on my birthday. He had blue, white and yellow wings with the tips black. We got so used to each other, me cleaning his cage, watering and feeding him that I used to let him loose in my room and he would hang out in the closet.

He sang like all get out, and then at nite I would cover his cage so he would sleep. The next year my dad went with me to the mall and we picked out a female and a bigger cage for them. We named her Belly. So I had Henry and Belly. Crazy. I sure do miss them both. That was probably the best thing about my dad. He wasn't fond of dogs, he hated cats. But he said you can have a bird or some rabbits.
      welcome CHEVY_TRUCKIN_NDN ! so glad you came and shared your story about HENRY & BELLY with us. why dont you get yourself a couple of more birds now? i know you could love them almost as much as your first two pets. now you have me thinking about doing the same thing too. i would like a small pet i could interact with more. because of my physical limitations, a small indoor pet is what i need now. my two dogs are more "watch" dogs for out doors. i am lonely for a companion. i wonder where the closest place is that i can find a pet....hmmm.?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
      "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
      "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
      "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
      "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Comment

• YouTube - stubborn cat

I don't know if I posted this or not... my cat Bobobob, aka "Mr. Personality"
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

• **LAUGHING** that was too funny BLACKBEAR. that yeaoww, yeaoww, boy were you ever getting scolded! *laughing* thank you for this laugh!!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• Yeah he's a big talker for a cat who is'nt siamese LOL! You can ask him questions and he answers back all the time or he let's you know exactly what he wants by rubbing on your legs and then doing this annoying high pitched yeowl and then running to the area of interest for him like the food dish or the water bowl or he's tattling on the dogs LOL! Most of the time he tattles on the dogs to my husband though. The cat thinks he's my husbands' or that my husband his his dog or something... either way we tell people he's the 139,000.00 cat who came with a house fortunatly.
            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbear View Post
              Yeah he's a big talker for a cat who is'nt siamese LOL! You can ask him questions and he answers back all the time or he let's you know exactly what he wants by rubbing on your legs and then doing this annoying high pitched yeowl and then running to the area of interest for him like the food dish or the water bowl or he's tattling on the dogs LOL! Most of the time he tattles on the dogs to my husband though. The cat thinks he's my husbands' or that my husband his his dog or something... either way we tell people he's the 139,000.00 cat who came with a house fortunatly.
              hey, thats one smart cat BLACKBEAR! sounds like you shouldve named him "lassie". lassie was the only critter i remember that would go back and forth getting someone to follow him (her?) when someone (mainly timmy) needed help. you may be too young to know about this t.v. show.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• our daughter who was 6 at the time named him Bobobob because Bob was the only name she could remember how to spell at the time and wrote it (or tried to) twice on the water/food dish we had set out for him. Otherwise the hubby and I were trying to come up with a name and he wanted to call him el Gato and I wanted to call him tuna breath.... so Bob it was or.. Bobobob and he came to that name from day one when called.

Comment

• I love Blackbears talking cat! I have a couple here that could talk your ear off, lol.
                  I can't wait until you see the picture of our Lacy Lou that Apachefire is going to post, she is our Pitt Bull puppy.
                  Sorry to say one of our birds died this week. We have been worried that his mate might also die, but she is fine. Just had to call the kid and tell her that he had died. She took it okay since he was 7 or 8 years old and a parakee which I think is old for a bird his size.
                  Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

• Thanks for the video black bear, too cute for a kitty cat! Just wanted to love him up

Comment

• that singing kity was soo cute!! Cody was amused by it too. now she is in the mood for a piece of filet meow.
                      Bahnisiain

Comment

• ta-ta-ta-dah! here she is everyone! i had lost annies pic but found it! isnt this a great picture?? i present to you ANNIE FAWN & LACY LOU!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• Speaking of Lacy, she some how got hold of a ink pen and chewed it up. There is ink all over her, her bed and the floor. Hubby freaked out about it. The good news is that pinesole works on getting ink up.
                          Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

• hey, where did your picture go ANNIE FAWN??
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• this is a friend's husky, he is sleeping and the image is right side up.
                              Attached Files
                              Bahnisiain

Comment

• Originally posted by bahnisiain View Post
                                this is a friend's husky, he is sleeping and the image is right side up.
                                oh man, BAHNISIAIN !! this is such a great a shot! this one should be a poster!! i love it! !what is the dogs name??
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.