No announcement yet.

Pet Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks R for the vids, I just love the bison we have here in town, been making friends with a cow and her baby since we got here... however, hubby would be a little upset if I brought one home with the back end of the van cut off...lol
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

• clk - Mukky sure has grown. He's so cute, and knows how to pose for the camera! lol

Whenever I get out the camera, the cats know something's going on, and refuse to cooperate.

Yeah, I thought the vids of Bailey D. Buffalo were fun.

Just like your dog, Yaahl, one of my cats has taken to "hiding" behind the shower curtain. She'll feel slighted for some reason, then go sit behind the shower curtain with her back to ya. But she leaves her b*tt and tail outside the curtain. I think she wants everyone to see her and know that she is sulking! lol
      sigpic

Comment

• I saw this on the news earlier today. I would've been freaking out!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5sAF8gMN9c0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5sAF8gMN9c0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
        sigpic

Comment

• Happy late Thanksgiving from clk and Mukky...we both are feeling very overfed after the weekend...the food didn't just stop after the turkey...*whew*
          sigpic

Comment

• This is a little late, Halloween was a month ago! But it is too cute!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UcT4paZfflg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UcT4paZfflg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
            sigpic

Comment

• That was neat R... my psycho collie loves her pumpkin too... It's a great training motivator and it keeps their digestive tract ticking along. (good for when a dog has the runs - to stop it)
              A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Just a reminder for when those Christmas foods and treats come out to watch out for your pet getting into them.

Some deadly stuff:

Onions, garlics, shallots - can contribute to anemia in dogs
                Chocolate - amount ingested and size of dog will cause anything from vomiting to death.
                Uncooked yeast dough - can cause alcohol poisoning in dogs as the yeast ferments in the gut and may cause bloat.
                Grapes, raisins - can cause anything from vomiting to death depending on amount ingested.
                Poinsettias - poisonous to dogs
                Turkey meat and bones - can cause diarrhea and bones if they splinter may cause torn intestines.
                Fatty foods - can cause pancreatitis.

Remember if it's cold out - watch your pet's ears and feet for frostbite. Watch for cats under your vehicle and curled up in the engine. Don't use metal water or food bowls outside... remember the tongue stuck on the metal railing at school? Dogs and cats can have the same thing happen.

Hope all the goofy, furry beasties have a good haul from Santa.

Comment

• On the CNN website today, there are some fantastic animal photographs. I've attached three, below.

The photographer is Tim Flach (timflach. com). On his website, under Portfolio, are three categories: Dogs Gods; Equus; and Menagerie. Wonderful and intriguing photos of dogs, horses and other animals.

If ya like photographic art and animals, check out his website. Well worth a look!
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

• Our tabby cat has a new chair

Our Tabby cat Duchess has decided my grandson's new "Car's" chair is just her size to nap in. Sky can shake the chair, move it but the only way to get her out is to sit on her, yep he sits on her and she moves and gets mad and goes and beats up the dog for some reason.
                    Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

• I have two cats.
                      coco and one Male I just call "Kitteh"

Comment

• my kids want a dog but not sure how the cats will react to one.
                        Maybe it'll work out, they've been around my sister's dogs before and there wasn't much of a prolem.

Comment

• Wow... I wish I had the time to read all the pet posts here but don't. So if anyone else has prairie dogs, give me a holler. I have two females, both will be two yrs old this spring, named Pookie & Booboo. All I can say for right now is it is really a special kind of love. They both bonded closely with me and love me back as one of their own.
                          Maybe I'll update my almost non existant profile and get some pics posted... and video too if it's possible.
                          Toksa,
                          Pony

Comment

• White deer!

Not pets, but still cool!

Although I do know a woman who raised two abandoned fawns in her house!!! She raised them until they were old enough to fend for themselves, and she waited until hunting season was over. Kudos to her, but I wouldn't have kept them in the house!

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/js/pap/embed.js?inwi10s22a3q81f"></script>
                            sigpic

Comment

• Argonne Nat'l Lab is home to a herd of white deer. Some mornings they'd be grazing around the clearing near the cafeteria.

Comment

• We have about 3000 deer (mule, whitetail) roaming throughout the training area... every morning when I pull into the parking lot, there's about 30 of them hanging out... it's almost as they are waiting for us to show up to get a good look at us...lol

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.