Pet Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    In material sciences and chemistry circles, they have been the "sexy" molecules of past 25 years. (I've worked in male dominated labs for those two and half decades, so I've heard every joke about ball shaped molecules. Don't even try, LOL.) They have been heavily hyped, some might say over-hyped, as miracle materials. But, the development in its infancy, so who knows.

It is convoluted. I'm such a geek, LOL.

My best friend is with Apachefire. She thinks Bucky should be called Domino. But after his unfortunate leap into the middle of a greasy, pepperoni pizza... A leap which necessitated a bath. An ugly experience involving arterial spurting and finally throwing the cat into a warm shower and holding the shower door shut until he was not leaving orange, greased footprints on the walls. The name Domino might have other connotations, which could bring back bad memories at least for me.
    now THAT i would have paid to have watched!
    Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
    Nice looking cockatiel!

I've never had a pet bird. But everytime I've visited someone with one and they've let 'em out of the cage they've immediately flown over and on my head!

I guess that means I'm a shthead?
    i would have said YES…but in reality it seems all birds do that. eat n poo, eat n poo. its only seeds or greens or both. easier to remove if left to dry. better never be around a chicken though. their turds really stink! after living on highway 35 in northern GA and following countless semi filled with chickens or agonizingly slowwwww trucks filled with chicken poo for fertilizer, on the hottest summers on record, i am an expert on that. ACK!

Buckminster Fuller is one of my middle brother's idols. At one time he even wanted to live in a dome house.

I'm with you. With a history like that, the name Domino would be inauspicious.

Mafalda's sister Olga once leapt into the toilet while it was in use! Luckily, she was a kitten at the time so I was able to bathe her in the sink, and she was small enough I didn't have any trouble controlling her. Thank God she hasn't done that again. She's 15+ lbs. now, and I don't think I'd dare try to bathe her myself! lol
    ACK! i’d get a new cat…but since i dont really get along well with them…i would just use it as an excuse to get a dog! i liked geodesic dome homes. well, the concept.
    Thanks, OlChemist! Olga & Mafalda are littermates. Olga being the alpha female, and Mafalda being the runt of the litter. Both spoiled absolutely rotten. They have more toys than most children!

At one time I had one of those cloth with a metal frame cat-condos that hang over a door. They didn't like it so I gave it away. But it was so funny when I was introducing them to it. I would pick up Mafalda and put her through one of the holes on the side (Olga was too big to do that with.). It would make Olga so jealous that she would crawl in, climb to the top level, somehow fit herself on one of the cloth "platforms" inside, and then pretend to purr!!! She'd fake purr so loudly you could hear it in the next room. But those were the only times she'd get in it, when she saw me put her sister in! Never had a cat before who would pretend to purr. lol

The condo was kind of like this, except it had leopard spots.

you have got to get a life RDNKJ

Originally posted by bahnisiain View Post
    my Cairo!
    thanks for posting again!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
    "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
    "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
    "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
    "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
      Oh, what pretty puddin's!

Cario does have those burning gold, you will obey me eyes. "You're getting very sleepy. We need $200 worth of cat toys."

Mafalda and Olga look like sweeties. Bucky is very envious of the cat tree. He hasn't figured out how to sit in both ours at the same time yet. But that doesn't stop him from coveting another one.
      Cairo is a character. he is not a toy fiend, with him its more like you will get me lots of treats!!!
      Bahnisiain

Comment

• you know…i have to be honest with you guys….i have already bought treats for a dog i dont even have yet!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• GUESS MUH NEW PETS. if you dare!

WELL, i finally have a couple of “pets”. but you have to guess what they are. here are a couple of hints…they both live outdoors, but not together. they sleep at the same time. but they do not eat the same foods. ok, what are they?
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• Originally posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
            WELL, i finally have a couple of “pets”. but you have to guess what they are. here are a couple of hints…they both live outdoors, but not together. they sleep at the same time. but they do not eat the same foods. ok, what are they?
            Outdoor dust bunnies?
            A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

• Guess what they are if we dare?

That sounds ominous, so I'm gonna guess: bats and opossums!?!?!?
              sigpic

Comment

you know…i have to be honest with you guys….i have already bought treats for a dog i dont even have yet!
                And yet you tell me I need to get a life, just 'cause I overindulge my kitties? lol
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yaahl View Post
                  Outdoor dust bunnies?
                  close, but nope.
                  Guess what they are if we dare?

That sounds ominous, so I'm gonna guess: bats and opossums!?!?!?
                  nope, and nope.
                  And yet you tell me I need to get a life, just 'cause I overindulge my kitties? lol
                  **laughin** i never said that!…did i?
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• I used to have a cat that loved the water. I got her when she was about 4 weeks old-her mom had died. She was infested with fleas, so the first thing I did when I got her home was give her a bath in the sink with baby shampoo. I was bathing her every couple of days and she just grew to love it. It got to the point that if I took a bath,and didn't close her out of the bathroom, she would get in the tub. She didn't like showers. LOL! She loved going to the beach, too. It used to freak the tourists out to see this dainty little Siamese cat, walking on a harness in the water. Her name was Ming, but I ended up calling her Dingy Mingy most of the time.
                    Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

i would have said YES…but in reality it seems all birds do that. eat n poo, eat n poo. its only seeds or greens or both. easier to remove if left to dry. better never be around a chicken though. their turds really stink! after living on highway 35 in northern GA and following countless semi filled with chickens or agonizingly slowwwww trucks filled with chicken poo for fertilizer, on the hottest summers on record, i am an expert on that. ACK!
                      I don't have any experience with chickens, but we did have ducks growing up. There was a pond in the backyard. Dad was gonna get swans, but the chicks were too expensive. So we had ducks. Since their wings were clipped, Dad decided that it would be best to lock them up in the garage during the winter when the pond was frozen! When spring would come, OMG!!! I spent so many hours over the years scraping duck poop off everything in the garage. So I know all about duck shyte!

The mallards were all so pretty...

...and the little baby ducklings were so, so cute!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                        I used to have a cat that loved the water. I got her when she was about 4 weeks old-her mom had died. She was infested with fleas, so the first thing I did when I got her home was give her a bath in the sink with baby shampoo. I was bathing her every couple of days and she just grew to love it. It got to the point that if I took a bath,and didn't close her out of the bathroom, she would get in the tub. She didn't like showers. LOL! She loved going to the beach, too. It used to freak the tourists out to see this dainty little Siamese cat, walking on a harness in the water. Her name was Ming, but I ended up calling her Dingy Mingy most of the time.
                        I got Olga & Mafalda when they were about 4 weeks old, too. Also infested with fleas. I got some flea spray, sprayed it on a rag and wiped them down everywhere except their face. Then held them for awhile so they couldn't lick themselves, and then bathed them. Had to do that every couple days until they were old enough for real flea treatment. The first time, dang, you shoulda seen all the fleas swarming up to their faces!

Olga doesn't mind water. She'll get in the bathtub and wade around in the water. Mafalda, on the other hand, is a typical cat and cannot stand water. If a drop gets on her she freaks out like someone just beat her!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• so i got a new foster cat, brings me up to 2 right now.both are less than a year old and both are abuse victims.when stitch was about 2 months old someone tried to cut her tail off. i just got the other one last night and named him cozmo. he was taken away from a group of gangbangers who were beating him with a stick and set him on fire. hes got a series of real nasty burns down both sides of his body.

ive been at this shelter for 3 years. last time i worked for a shelter it was 5. i still dont know what the hell is wrong with people

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

• People who abuse/torture animals should thankd God every night that I am not the one who decides their punishment!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• i had cozmo to the shelters vet today. his burns are pretty bad but theyre also more wxtensive than what we thought. they shaved both his sides and hes got burns head to tail. some areas are worse than others but hes coping well.
                              hes got a boatload of antibiotics to eat and some ssd cream for the burns,which he really hates.

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

• Originally posted by FluteMaker View Post
                                so i got a new foster cat, brings me up to 2 right now.both are less than a year old and both are abuse victims.when stitch was about 2 months old someone tried to cut her tail off. i just got the other one last night and named him cozmo. he was taken away from a group of gangbangers who were beating him with a stick and set him on fire. hes got a series of real nasty burns down both sides of his body.

ive been at this shelter for 3 years. last time i worked for a shelter it was 5. i still dont know what the hell is wrong with people
                                That makes me want to light up a few gangbangers and bobtail a couple. I have never understood how people can do that to animals. It breaks my heart. I hope Cozmo is going to be ok, and Stitch, too.
                                Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.