No announcement yet.

Pet Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks like cozmo will indeed be ok. he went back to the vet again yesterday for a recheck. she classified 2 of his larger burns as 3rd degree, a large portion of his others as 2nd and the rest as first degree. after they shaved him you could see how the contours of his burns look like he had liquid poured on him. i cant say what that might have been, but if theres anything to the concept of karma someone out there is screwed.

on the lighter side stitch has a home waiting for her. the woman who initially found her had taken her to a friend of mine who used to work at the shelter.shes coming in on saturday to adopt.
    as cruel as her hapenstance was the saving grace is that it happened as young as she is. and as she grows up she will learn to compensate for the defeicit.if she were an older cat, like 10 years old, this would be much more devestating.

we already have another cat waiting for a spot at my house too. hes not an abuse victim, his owner just cant afford to keep him hospitalized at the vet clinic any more. from what i hear hes a great cat, hes just got a nonhealing would that needs cleaned several times a day and he gets meds his owner cant give him.so since we'll have a spot for him this weekend the vet clinic will house him for her at no charge till sunday then he comes home with me.

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

• Flutemaker, it takes a lot of heart to foster animals. I don't know if I could give them up when it came time, even knowing they were going to a good home. The younger ones would be easier for me to give up than the older ones. I would just feel so bad for the older ones being shuffled all around and knowing they were wondering what had happened to their life.
      Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• FM, thanks for being there for those cats. I volunteer with a specific breed rescue for dogs... and without our foster parents and transporters, all our babies would be lost.

As for my pyscho dog, she is shedding her coat right now... OMG it's raining collie fur around here...this is the third shed since the spring... we keep having severe weather changes and it jumps from freezing to heatwave every few days...no wonder she hasn't stopped shedding.
        A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by FluteMaker View Post
          looks like cozmo will indeed be ok. he went back to the vet again yesterday for a recheck. she classified 2 of his larger burns as 3rd degree, a large portion of his others as 2nd and the rest as first degree. after they shaved him you could see how the contours of his burns look like he had liquid poured on him. i cant say what that might have been, but if theres anything to the concept of karma someone out there is screwed.

on the lighter side stitch has a home waiting for her. the woman who initially found her had taken her to a friend of mine who used to work at the shelter.shes coming in on saturday to adopt.
          as cruel as her hapenstance was the saving grace is that it happened as young as she is. and as she grows up she will learn to compensate for the defeicit.if she were an older cat, like 10 years old, this would be much more devestating.

we already have another cat waiting for a spot at my house too. hes not an abuse victim, his owner just cant afford to keep him hospitalized at the vet clinic any more. from what i hear hes a great cat, hes just got a nonhealing would that needs cleaned several times a day and he gets meds his owner cant give him.so since we'll have a spot for him this weekend the vet clinic will house him for her at no charge till sunday then he comes home with me.
          Great job. FluteMaker!

All our aminals (14 of them) are either rescue or offspring of rescue.

13 of them have been adopted and have 1 that I need to find a home for.

Keep up the great work!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• WOW! ALL of you are WONDERFUL! GREAT! AWESOME! HEROS! i was thinking just this afternoon about not picking up a little dog from a rescue place, but maybe becoming a temporary care giver to one at a time. of course, i have to deal with a landlady, and perhaps extra cost just to have a pet in my place, but it might be worth it. although i was thinking i may find it hard to give up a pup once i helped train him. so i am giving it some more thought.
            i did get a note from one of my doctors saying that he recomended my having a therapy dog, whatever that is. or maybe it was a ‘dog helper’…aw, whatever you call em , you know what i mean.

ok, yes, one of my outdoor pets is a wild brown rabbit….so, any guesses to my other outdoor pet?
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
            "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
            "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
            "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
            "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Comment

• fostering can be an adventure, but totally worth it. it can be heart breaking when things go bad, but when you take a otherwise trashed animal and help them trust again things kinda balance out.
              ive had litters of kittens that died one after another, ive had cats that i was sure wouldnt make it through the night,not only survive but come back with a vengence.

so far ive fostered most of the boxers that have come through my shelter in cluding the 8 year old deaf boxer with a broken jaw i had to spoon feed for 3 months

if you can work it out with the landlord im sure theres a shelter or a rescue near you that could use the help. not every one has a physical building. most places rely on fosters to house their animals.

Comment

• Originally posted by FluteMaker View Post
                fostering can be an adventure, but totally worth it. it can be heart breaking when things go bad, but when you take a otherwise trashed animal and help them trust again things kinda balance out.
                ive had litters of kittens that died one after another, ive had cats that i was sure wouldnt make it through the night,not only survive but come back with a vengence.

so far ive fostered most of the boxers that have come through my shelter in cluding the 8 year old deaf boxer with a broken jaw i had to spoon feed for 3 months

if you can work it out with the landlord im sure theres a shelter or a rescue near you that could use the help. not every one has a physical building. most places rely on fosters to house their animals.
                yep,.,i watch animal planet and know a little about the fostering..the shelter nearest me is working on a larger site…thats the place i am thinking about…although i would most likely need a small dog so i could lift it for bathing and stuff. thanks for the info,
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• stitch got adopted today. shes off starting a new abuse free life

Comment

• Flute, have you been in touch with the awesome folks from the Boxer Rescue in Ontario Canada? The host a fundraiser in Toronto every year for all the rescues. I just love them...(shameless plug for them)!
                    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• no i havent,but theres a boxer rescue in ohio that i call from time to time...go boxer rescue, gobr.com. we somehow netter a truck load of food from iams a couple years ago and got more than we could use. so i called the folks a gobr to come get a share.them and luv4k9s, puppy pals rescue, stepping stone, scratching post,circle of love, 10th life and a few others.we got a bunch of help to a bunch of groups.

stitches room is cleaned up and cozmo is moving upstairs later today.

Comment

• I'm glad Stitch has a loving forever home. How's Cozmo doing?
                        Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• hes getting moved upstairs to larger quarters.hes getting stitches old room. so far hes quit hissing at the other cats and hes decided my dogs are just really screwed up looking oddities

Comment

• Originally posted by yaahl View Post
                            Flute, have you been in touch with the awesome folks from the Boxer Rescue in Ontario Canada? The host a fundraiser in Toronto every year for all the rescues. I just love them...(shameless plug for them)!
                            YAAHL, this is my thread, so i encourage all our members to plug away for our animal rescues!
                            Originally posted by FluteMaker View Post
                            no i havent,but theres a boxer rescue in ohio that i call from time to time...go boxer rescue, gobr.com. we somehow netter a truck load of food from iams a couple years ago and got more than we could use. so i called the folks a gobr to come get a share.them and luv4k9s, puppy pals rescue, stepping stone, scratching post,circle of love, 10th life and a few others.we got a bunch of help to a bunch of groups.

stitches room is cleaned up and cozmo is moving upstairs later today.
                            do you name them, (i really like the names) or do these guys come with one already?
                            Originally posted by FluteMaker View Post
                            hes getting moved upstairs to larger quarters.hes getting stitches old room. so far hes quit hissing at the other cats and hes decided my dogs are just really screwed up looking oddities
                            Last edited by APACHEFIRE; 10-22-2011, 12:59 AM. Reason: oh, i screwed up something, some how. **laughin**
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• Originally posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
                              [
                              do you name them, (i really like the names) or do these guys come with one already?

do we name the animals or the other rescue groups?

if they dont already have one we do name the animals. if they come to us with a name we tend to keep it unless its something totally inappropriate or stupid.we had a female black lab last summer named 'mammy'. brought in by a skinhead.we took the dog just to get her away from him, he was seriously not the brightest star in the sky.we renamed her right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
                                YAAHL, this is my thread, so i encourage all our members to plug away for our animal rescues!

We have adopted all our collies from the Collie Rescue Network up here in Canuckistan.

When we adopted the psycho collie, we had to change her name as hubby had two aunts with the same name... so we picked a name that started with the same two letters and had the same amount of syllables. Psycho dog hardly noticed the difference.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.