Pet Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FluteMaker View Post
    do we name the animals or the other rescue groups?

if they dont already have one we do name the animals. if they come to us with a name we tend to keep it unless its something totally inappropriate or stupid.we had a female black lab last summer named 'mammy'. brought in by a skinhead.we took the dog just to get her away from him, he was seriously not the brightest star in the sky.we renamed her right away.
    **laughin** yes, i meant the animals. i am so glad you took over that female black lab! i forget there are people like that out there.
    Originally posted by yaahl View Post
    We have adopted all our collies from the Collie Rescue Network up here in Canuckistan.

When we adopted the psycho collie, we had to change her name as hubby had two aunts with the same name... so we picked a name that started with the same two letters and had the same amount of syllables. Psycho dog hardly noticed the difference.
    PSYCHO DOG!. i forget, why do you call that collie psycho?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
    "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
    "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
    "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
    "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Comment

• Originally posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
      **laughin** yes, i meant the animals. i am so glad you took over that female black lab! i forget there are people like that out there.

PSYCHO DOG!. i forget, why do you call that collie psycho?
      This is why...
      Attached Files
      A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by yaahl View Post
        This is why...
        OHHhhhh.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• Never had a psycho dog, but have had a psycho cat-Psycho Socks. He was gorgeous- black and white and as lean and muscular as a panther. A deer taught him how to fly. Socks would stalk the deer when they came in the yard. One day, the old doe that was the matriarch of the herd, apparently got tired of him doing that. She walked over to him, he bowed up at her, she took her nose and scooped him up in the middle and just tossed him through the air. I was sitting on the back steps having coffee and I swear, that cat flew 20 feet in the air. He was ok- got up, shook himself off and went off in a huff. He stopped stalking deer-for about 3 days. He thought he was the baddest thing in our woods-and he was fixed, too. He wasn't badder than a pack of coyotes, a few months later, though.
          Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
            Never had a psycho dog, but have had a psycho cat-Psycho Socks. He was gorgeous- black and white and as lean and muscular as a panther. A deer taught him how to fly. Socks would stalk the deer when they came in the yard. One day, the old doe that was the matriarch of the herd, apparently got tired of him doing that. She walked over to him, he bowed up at her, she took her nose and scooped him up in the middle and just tossed him through the air. I was sitting on the back steps having coffee and I swear, that cat flew 20 feet in the air. He was ok- got up, shook himself off and went off in a huff. He stopped stalking deer-for about 3 days. He thought he was the baddest thing in our woods-and he was fixed, too. He wasn't badder than a pack of coyotes, a few months later, though.
            aww. so sorry about SOCKS. but i can just see that deer scoopin him up and see SOCKS flyin! thank you for posting this story.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• Glad you liked the flying Socks story, Apachefire. From the time he was about 6 months old, we always kind of figured Socks would come to that kind of an end. He was 3 when the coyotes got him and honestly, with his attitude, he survived about 2 years longer than we thought he would. We tried keeping him in the house and he hated it. Tried to go out through the bathroom window twice-it was open, thank heaven, so we just let him live outside. He and his brother (who was just the opposite in personality but also hated being in)could open the back porch screen door and get out of the weather. We fed them there and they had a nice warm shelter they could get in when it got cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                Glad you liked the flying Socks story, Apachefire. From the time he was about 6 months old, we always kind of figured Socks would come to that kind of an end. He was 3 when the coyotes got him and honestly, with his attitude, he survived about 2 years longer than we thought he would. We tried keeping him in the house and he hated it. Tried to go out through the bathroom window twice-it was open, thank heaven, so we just let him live outside. He and his brother (who was just the opposite in personality but also hated being in)could open the back porch screen door and get out of the weather. We fed them there and they had a nice warm shelter they could get in when it got cold.
                i can understand all that. so what was SOCKS brothers name?
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

i can understand all that. so what was SOCKS brothers name?
                  We called him Skits-short for "paranoid schizophrenic". My son brought these 2 kittens home about 4 months before he left for college. Skits was absolutely terrified of everything the first week he was at the house, while Socks took it all in stride. Phone would ring, Skits would disappear for a few hours-Socks was like, "yeah, it spooked me, but I'm good". If anybody coughed or sneezed, the same thing would happen. The only thing that was different was their reaction to the old Golden Retriever we had at the time. Socks was scared of him and he didn't phase Skits in the least. Red loved babies of all kinds and I guess Skits knew that while Socks didn't.

Comment

• SKITS and SOCKS. kool names! thanks for posting about them. i love pets and the chatter about them.

have a haunting HALLOWEEN
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• at the shelter we sometimes have a distinct lack of imagination in naming the animals. we have a pair of kittens named lamp & shade

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

• Originally posted by FluteMaker View Post
                        at the shelter we sometimes have a distinct lack of imagination in naming the animals. we have a pair of kittens named lamp & shade
                        you know FLUTEMAKER, i have two lists of names for my dog when i get one. i would love to help name some pets sometime when you need new names.
                        LAMP & SHADE. someone musta been drinkin at a party!
                        HA HA HA HA
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

you know FLUTEMAKER, i have two lists of names for my dog when i get one. i would love to help name some pets sometime when you need new names.
                          LAMP & SHADE. someone musta been drinkin at a party!
                          HA HA HA HA
                          2 kittens, i guess one kept sitting on the others head

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

• i guess this really goes without mentioning..but just in case…DO NOT FORGET TO BRING IN DA CRITTERS on these FREEZING NIGHTS! and unless you include their space with the forced air heating…it wouldnt hurt to give em another blanket or something. if your pet sleeps with you, then you might expect to feel a cold nose under the blankets as the weather gets colder. dont kick em out unless you tuck them in with more warmth.

this is for letting me freeze!
                            Last edited by APACHEFIRE; 10-29-2011, 11:33 PM.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• I have an electric mattress pad for when the nights get cold. When it's cold out, it's not a question of if, it is a given that the cats'll be in bed with me!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
                                I have an electric mattress pad for when the nights get cold. When it's cold out, it's not a question of if, it is a given that the cats'll be in bed with me!
                                ELECTRIC MATTRESS PAD?! dude, count me in too!
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.