No announcement yet.

Pet Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well justice is here. hes being good and crashed on the sofa. duke is being very casual about him being here. elle on the other hand is being a little bully. she'll get over it though. justice isnt the first dog we've fostered.
    justice is just real happy to not be stuck in a kennel right now

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

• Originally posted by FluteMaker View Post
      well justice is here. hes being good and crashed on the sofa. duke is being very casual about him being here. elle on the other hand is being a little bully. she'll get over it though. justice isnt the first dog we've fostered.
      justice is just real happy to not be stuck in a kennel right now
      this is only day 1, right?
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
      "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
      "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
      "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
      "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Comment

• nope. his family lost their house and are staying with inlaws in toledo. someone in that house is allergic or something so poor justice has been being borded for the past 3 months.they have a new job and a place to go in columbus, a fried has some rental place out there but its rented right now and the lease isnt up till december. so to save justice another month of kennel time hes gonna stay with us.if you know boxers you know they dont do well in long term kennel environments. a month or so at the most, but they start going down hill almost right away.theyre very social dogs. justice even has a cat friend here already. nakai, a 15 year old black cat curled up with him an hour after he got here.

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

• Originally posted by FluteMaker View Post
          nope. his family lost their house and are staying with inlaws in toledo. someone in that house is allergic or something so poor justice has been being borded for the past 3 months.they have a new job and a place to go in columbus, a fried has some rental place out there but its rented right now and the lease isnt up till december. so to save justice another month of kennel time hes gonna stay with us.if you know boxers you know they dont do well in long term kennel environments. a month or so at the most, but they start going down hill almost right away.theyre very social dogs. justice even has a cat friend here already. nakai, a 15 year old black cat curled up with him an hour after he got here.
          awww, now that a picture i would love to see posted here. poor justice..and your friends. what a rigamarole to have to go through! i am glad you have such a big heart.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• Flutemaker sorry your friends have to go through so much, but at least they don't have to worry about Justice now. Glad he has a new friend, too. I hate seeing dogs stuck in kennels for long term.

What I didn't mention in the post about Sparky is that the woman who had him,has major substance abuse problems and an evil poodle named Max. (I've got no use for her-in fact, called the cops on her last 4th of July for shooting fireworks off in the woods after they were banned because of the extreme high fire danger due to drought.)When Sparky showed up "for good" at our house, this little 7 pound dog had a choke collar on that would have fit a 30lb. pit bull.
            Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
              Cobalt and Bucky will be by for the sleep over.
              That'd be fine with me, but Olga & Mafalda would be royally pssed!!! They're not used to sharing territory!

Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
              The Buckster just tunneled into the guest room bed. When I got the cat cookies out the bed exploded.
              Cat treats are the one thing that gets Mafalda to shove her much larger sister aside. Don't come between her and her treats!
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
                ELECTRIC MATTRESS PAD?! dude, count me in too!
                Originally posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
                ah musta skerred RDNKJ off, with muh sleep over idea!
                Nah, I don't scurr 'at easy! My bed's big enough for all sortsa people and critters!

++++++++++++++++

Electric blankets are nice, but electric mattress pads are wonderful!!!
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                  When Sparky showed up "for good" at our house, this little 7 pound dog had a choke collar on that would have fit a 30lb. pit bull.
                  lets go catch her and put it on her! grrr.
                  Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
                  Nah, I don't scurr 'at easy! My bed's big enough for all sortsa people and critters!

++++++++++++++++

Electric blankets are nice, but electric mattress pads are wonderful!!!
                  brrrr, its freezin tonight…cant ya bring yer mattress over here? its too cold for me to go out.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
                    Don't come between her and her treats!
                    Cobalt is what one might term a picky eater. No canned cat food, no crunchies except her one and only chosen brand and flavor, and no cat treats except the one and only one brand and flavor. And she demands a treat before she'll let me shut the living room door so I can go to work.

The problem is the one brand and flavor is not carried by any local stores. I have had to resort to ordering them online. My cat is now signed up for twice yearly delivery of a case of treats.

Bucky on the other hand has the treats are good attitude. Any treats. Or any food. His first thanksgiving he tried a smash a grab raid on the dining room table. He ended up trying to jump off the table with a drumstick.

Speaking of weird cat food episodes, someday I'll have to tell you the mouse-a-roni and cheese story

Comment

• Originally posted by APACHEFIRE View Post
                      lets go catch her and put it on her! grrr.

brrrr, its freezin tonight…cant ya bring yer mattress over here? its too cold for me to go out.
                      Dang! I've heard of bringing flowers, but never heard of having to bring the whole mattress over!

+++++++++++

We have a freeze warning tonight. The first of the season!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
                        Cobalt is what one might term a picky eater. No canned cat food, no crunchies except her one and only chosen brand and flavor, and no cat treats except the one and only one brand and flavor. And she demands a treat before she'll let me shut the living room door so I can go to work.

The problem is the one brand and flavor is not carried by any local stores. I have had to resort to ordering them online. My cat is now signed up for twice yearly delivery of a case of treats.

Bucky on the other hand has the treats are good attitude. Any treats. Or any food. His first thanksgiving he tried a smash a grab raid on the dining room table. He ended up trying to jump off the table with a drumstick.

Speaking of weird cat food episodes, someday I'll have to tell you the mouse-a-roni and cheese story
                        Neither of mine are picky. They are about the most unfinicky cats I've ever had. There are flavors they like better than others, but just about any kind/brand of canned food is okay. Same with kibble. They'll eat any kind I buy. They're picky about texture, though. Canned food has to be loaf, minced, or maybe shreds. If it has chunks, they won't eat it!

Although they want the right of first refusal, they don't approve of people food at all. Two exceptions. They love bacon. And Mafalda likes lettuce and sprouts. They'll steal both off the table if ya don't pay attention!

Mouse-a-roni and cheese!
                        sigpic

Comment

• I got the same issue. Bought Eagle Pack wet and holistic wet. The critters turned their nose up at it. Bought Friskies wet from Target and they went crazy over it. Now they're on Friskies Indoor Selects. There is always Eagle Pack and Halo dry mixed together available.

P.S. I carry Marrow Bone on both sizes for my customers. The people don't get treats.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                            I got the same issue. Bought Eagle Pack wet and holistic wet. The critters turned their nose up at it. Bought Friskies wet from Target and they went crazy over it. Now they're on Friskies Indoor Selects. There is always Eagle Pack and Halo dry mixed together available.

P.S. I carry Marrow Bone on both sizes for my customers. The people don't get treats.
                            Ok, JD, I have to ask. What in the world do you do that you carry Marrow Bone? Inquiring minds want to know.
                            We used to have a Siamese that was a picky eater. All she would eat was Purina Cat Chow and Purina cat tuna. Offer her anything else and she would look at you like you were trying to poison her.
                            I would love to hear the mouse a roni story.

Just saw this and thought it was appropriate for this thread.
                            Last edited by subeeds; 11-04-2011, 12:33 AM. Reason: spelling
                            Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
                              Dang! I've heard of bringing flowers, but never heard of having to bring the whole mattress over!

+++++++++++

We have a freeze warning tonight. The first of the season!
                              i am a different kind of woman. and yeah…freeze..as in freezing yer buns off! **laughin**
                              Originally posted by OLChemist View Post

ok, you gotta tell us da mouse-a-roni & cheese story now that ya mention it.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**laughin**

Comment

• Originally posted by subeeds View Post
                                Ok, JD, I have to ask. What in the world do you do that you carry Marrow Bone? Inquiring minds want to know.
                                We used to have a Siamese that was a picky eater. All she would eat was Purina Cat Chow and Purina cat tuna. Offer her anything else and she would look at you like you were trying to poison her.
                                I would love to hear the mouse a roni story.

Just saw this and thought it was appropriate for this thread.
                                Marrow Bone and Marrow Bone minis! LOL

People can be easily directed. Animals are a little different. They sense you. I use the the treats to let the animal know I'm not there to hurt them. 75% of the time, I'll be on my knees giving them a treat.

Animals won't hurt you like people will.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.