Did You Ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Ever....

Have the oppurtunity to grow up with some rather cool people and continue on with that experience thru the years but, but.....There was always a small percentage who were just miserable? You know that contingent of people that no matter what anyone did.......were just never satisfied? Seems this way time after time, but staying positive is the key right? The ole crabs in the barrel mentality and the I, Me, My Syndrome is what i'm inferring here....Did you ever happen upon a situation wheras you offer assistance for the greater good of something and the ball is just a rolling, and all of a sudden out of the clear blue your basically slapped in the face? You know that tough handshake complete with the cheap smile routine.....I'm feeling that and honestly it disheartens me....So i'm dealing with it the best way I know and dats running muh jib.....Smile.....As Sam reminded me thru the years we ain't called Tribes for nothing....N when your an outsider their gonna make that crystal clear.....To know of Traditional values is one thing but to live and practice them is another....So in a nutshell thats it.....Just wanted to share that and if your sitting there scratching your head I just hope folks appreciate the good things you do. And when those who sit up upon high completly out of the mix you know the so called leaders.....tug N pull at your strings I hope you stay strong I hope you realize the good things you do are appreciated by the lil ones who mean so much to you..If you teach (and we all do)....Keep smiling cause I certainly will! This Coyot will be careful not to wear his rose colored glasses......But I'll keep the Faith and I will continue to think with my heart instead of my head.....
    "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Man I sure have! Too many in my (cough53cough) years of being on this earth. I too think with my heart and time and time again it has gotten beat up. (pardon the pun.. heart...beat up.. sorry) And still as many times as it has happened I'm left going whatdahell?
    Crabs in the barrel is right... no matter what, they wanna pull you down. Why? Only things I can think of would be fear and jealousy. It's NOT because they love you and are keeping your best interest at heart. These type of people are fine and wonderful as long as you follow their agenda.. as soon as you have a thought that either goes against theirs or might challenge them to think about theirs....
    The only thing I know for certain is the uncertainty of it all. You can't predict who will do it or how it's coming but it does. What I try to do is just to do what I believe to be right so I can hold my head up and not stand ashamed before the creator. All the rest is gravy.
    And you have to admit.... the lessons learned during times like these are really valuable so I try to focus on that and not all the minutiae.
    "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

I think that most people are at different stages of healing and yet some people are still in their negative behaviors, so you just have to move on with your journey in life...and yes to keep smilin, because sometimes isn't worth the time and effort to have those type of people recognize and identify what they are doing..sometimes you can sometimes you cant..
      "I don't know why you never tried to tell me I was the one for you, I'm telling you my love is true and you're the only one for me -NC

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20

Comment

YUP, been there.

I know people who have what I would consider everything: health, family, good friends, a roof over their heads, food on the table, clothes on their back and shoes on their feet. And yet, they are so not happy and wanting so much more.

And helping people out. Oh, I sure have there too. I've helped people, dropped everything for them--did everything that they asked and then when it was all over, they got mad at me and didn't speak to me for months. And when they came back needing help again---I was there for them and with them. It's not what I get out of it but what I can give to other's. I have one to answer to and they are not them. So they can get mad at me all they want and not speak to me, but I will always be there---that's who I am. But we all are human and these things do happen, unfortunately, all the time.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.