Braiding Hair/Other Styles For Dancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braiding Hair/Other Styles For Dancing

For those that braid their hair, and others that might not, how do you wear your hair when dancing? I am going to a pre Valentines dance tomorrow, and I can't do two inside out french braids, which is how I would like to wear my hair... that and have to have some kind of design so the back barrete stays put with the plumes in them

Originally posted by Creewoman05 View Post
    For those that braid their hair, and others that might not, how do you wear your hair when dancing? I am going to a pre Valentines dance tomorrow, and I can't do two inside out french braids, which is how I would like to wear my hair... that and have to have some kind of design so the back barrete stays put with the plumes in them
    Hey CW.. I prefer french braids but cant do it to my self so what I do when im doing it myself is I bring my front hair back into a ponytail placing the pony tail holder at the back of my head , then the rest i make another pony tail att eh base of my neck , then I seperate the one and make it into two , bringing each hair parts to each side of my head then braid it and fix it up, wether its just hair ties or wrap it. hope that makes sence
    I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
      Hey CW.. I prefer french braids but cant do it to my self so what I do when im doing it myself is I bring my front hair back into a ponytail placing the pony tail holder at the back of my head , then the rest i make another pony tail att eh base of my neck , then I seperate the one and make it into two , bringing each hair parts to each side of my head then braid it and fix it up, wether its just hair ties or wrap it. hope that makes sence
      That makes sense, thats exactly what I have been doing. Baby fine hair, that is thin, makes it a challenge

Comment

That makes sense, thats exactly what I have been doing. Baby fine hair, that is thin, makes it a challenge
        with the top pony tail I run my barrett thew that and its nice and snug with my feathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
          with the top pony tail I run my barrett thew that and its nice and snug with my feathers.
          Thats what I do too

Small world eh?

Comment

I do mine that way too if I'm too lazy to french braid. Sometimes, I just do a really tight bun at the base of my neck and put my barrettes in.
            I'm not mean....You're just a sissy

http://www.mytribalspace.com/tribal/...ame_ndngirl70/
            http://www.myspace.com/ndngirl70

Comment

Thats what I do too

Small world eh?
              Yep. Me too. Could never manage the french braid on myself, could the girls but not my own.
              Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

I can french braid others but mine looks like poo lol when my ma would do it she always braided it the tradish way just a part and then braids wich was fine but the hair covering the tops of my ears really bugs me I always find myself tucking it behind my ears anyway lol.

Comment

U should jus purm ur hair and jus slap a keen plume in it. Nv kno u might win and it might catch on.
                  *~*BbC-4-LiFe*~*

Comment

that is very helpful

Comment

Originally posted by Native_Sooner View Post
                      U should jus purm ur hair and jus slap a keen plume in it. Nv kno u might win and it might catch on.
                      its funny you say that ive know gals to do things just to see if it would catch on its kinda funny

Comment

either im older than i thought, *laughing* or just old fashioned. but i like to braid my hair in the traditional way. its the only way i know.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
                        "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
                        "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
                        "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
                        "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Comment

My wife braids my hair, otherwise I put it in a pony tail, then use several more pony tail things putting them in every 2 inches or so. I call that my lazy braid. What I normally wear at work LOL
                          The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
                          -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

oh yeah, SPOTTEDEAGLE, thats the way i do it too, when im not dancing.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
                            "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
                            "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
                            "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
                            "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Comment

Sometimes being a welder and keeping my long hair is a lil difficult. If I had an office job, my hair would probally be to my butt by now!!!
                              The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
                              -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.