YouTube Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube Video

My apologies if this is the wrong area to post, but it's my first one. Here's a video I found on Youtube.com. What do you all think?

YouTube - Spirit (2005)

YouTube - Spirit (2005)

thats hilarious....i watched the other ones ..bout a techno rave festival in germany...the beats are great...its like some kinda freaky powwow for non-natives...dont know about the guy in the headdress...most of them are probably on ecstasy or shrooms or sumthin..

YouTube - Indian Spirit 2007 - GOA FESTIVAL

Comment

Its been said.....

Emulation is the greatest form of flattery...In this case though it seems more like flatuence....Its a "Brave" new world...Pun intended....
      "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

lol, MOTS I think some of those people were camping under power lines at their festival in one or two pictures.
        A tater tot is worth a thousand fries.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. It just unnerves me to see such stereotypical things like this.

Comment

Over in Europe, I don't expect them to really have much of a clue... and the "modern dance" interpretation of one of Chief Seattle's public speeches is not (from my eyes anyway) nearly as offensive as is Chief Zee doing pelvic thrusts to rap jingles selling used cars on DC metro-area TV in some obscene parody of "being an Indian".

Drugged up lost kids shuffling around in place in Germany - is just, well (again to me), humorous in a pathetic sort of way.

Comment

Ain't stereotypes great!!!
                Non verbal communication at it finest.
                When somebody without knowing anything about the subject
                Knows immediately that these are Indians and that they are keepers of Nature, makes tribal identity immaterial
                Bravo!
                ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                Till I Die!

Comment

wow...

Strange. the first vid was actually some choreography from a couple Janet jackson vids. Cept for the spinning and ballet stuff. Some folks children!....
                  "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

wow that was ballet? And choreographed? LOL It was funny. I probably would not have felt this way about 10 years ago, but hey I've mellowed some.........
                    sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Funny in a sad sort of way - I don't think my ancestors did ballet.

Hey, that rhymes!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
                        Funny in a sad sort of way - I don't think my ancestors did ballet.

Hey, that rhymes!
                        I would hope no one went prancing around the plains like that! But if they did, it would create quite a stir.

Comment

Originally posted by Redstone View Post
                          I would hope no one went prancing around the plains like that! But if they did, it would create quite a stir.

YIKES!! dang, my bad I thought it was one of your home videos LMAO all prancin around like that HAHAHAHA jokin redstone just razzin ya lol (hugzz) thanks for sharin :)

Comment

Originally posted by kiowakat View Post
                            YIKES!! dang, my bad I thought it was one of your home videos LMAO all prancin around like that HAHAHAHA jokin redstone just razzin ya lol (hugzz) thanks for sharin :)
                            Hey KK
                            probably reminds you of a few powwows up that way
                            lol
                            ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                            Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
                              Hey KK
                              probably reminds you of a few powwows up that way
                              lol

yeah and the aroma of them smudge sticks made of cooking sage burning in the air EWWWW..HAHAHA,
                              Last edited by kiowakat; 03-11-2008, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• namamiinc
                                Hello From FLorida
                                by namamiinc
                                I’m a new member in town` and I’m so honored to be a part of PowWow community. Hope will to get to more friends and knowledge....
                                12-01-2022, 07:14 AM
                              • OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X