X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazywolf
    replied
    Boozhoo niji,

Hey yeah it was good to meet 3 of you, at the pow wow, cesptite the nasty mess. I started that job and have worked a week so far, and it sure is not as easy as fixing lawnmowers. I have been working on large trucks mostly. I just hope I can meet my employers expectations.

My other worry right now is finding a place to live. Where I was staying at my Uncle's place was 55 miles from where I work. I moved in with a friend of mine in Waubun, only 28 miles away, but that is going to change around in Septtember. So I am looking around looking for a cheap place to rent, or stay or figure some way of buying a house.

So that is where I am at, I have another thread to start, and I think I can come online at least weekly for now, so stay tuned.

Derek

Leave a comment:

• ndnsooner
    replied
    I got to meet Derrick this past weekend. He's a real nice guy. He found a job and is doing good. Just needs to get settled and internet hookup.

Leave a comment:

• New2itall
    replied
    May you find what you are looking for! Glad you are safe and sound!

Leave a comment:

• NorthofAda
    replied
    Good to hear you arrived safely.

Leave a comment:

• crazywolf
    replied
    Got there, or here, you know where I am

Boozhoo niji,

I just found a place to hook up so here goes, hopefully before they chase me out.

I got to my uncles home late Friday. Everyone ben hearing about those twisters in Minnesota? Well they were about a block away from my Uncle's place that morning. No damages came to his place which was good. I spent the weekend doing practically nothing, I did go with my uncle though to help cut up some wood that the tornadoes did drop around there. Yeah he has a cabin about a mile away, shares it with family.

Mon day I went job hunting and I got a couple of good prospects. I know one place where I can practically walk in and start working if I want to, but its not exactly what I want to do and its also 60 miles from my Uncles place. Tuesday I went looking and found a couple more good prospects. Again this place over in Bemidji will probably hire me, its only 30 miles away, but that place seems cold and sterile compared to the first place.

Today I am going to see if I can find a place to live closer to that first place, and then go to leech lake rez to see if I can find work there. Rumor has it a business there is looking to expand into Park Rapids, so I am definately going to check that out. Will keep you posted, but so far things are looking great! Hope to see some of you at White Earth this weekend.

Derek
    Last edited by crazywolf; 06-11-2008, 12:15 PM. Reason: was not finished!

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    Hey to save gas, take your time. 45 MPH is the optimum speed for the best gas mileage for a lot of cars and vans. Take the back roads which are more direct most of the time. GOOD LUCK!

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    Originally posted by crazywolf View Post
    OK so I lied thisis the last post, but I just had to show yall this...

Go on Map Quest and search for White Earth MN, then zoom in, and superimpose the areal image. The dance arena there shows up as a road! Well not the dance arena itself but the path that goes around it. Its clearly marked.

Check it out!
    thats pretty cool derek have a safe trip, I'm proud of you

Leave a comment:

• sokoki_wolf
    replied
    hey Derek,ive moved many times and often into an unknown situation...you'll do fine..try to use resources that are available like the computer in the library,most have them these days...have a good and safe trip and lots of confidence in yourself...

Leave a comment:

• crazywolf
    replied
    OK so I lied thisis the last post, but I just had to show yall this...

Go on Map Quest and search for White Earth MN, then zoom in, and superimpose the areal image. The dance arena there shows up as a road! Well not the dance arena itself but the path that goes around it. Its clearly marked.

Check it out!

Leave a comment:

• crazywolf
    replied
    Last post for a while

Boozhoo niji,

OK well this is it. Tomorrow is my last full day in Florida and I still have a lot left to do. I will be calling my ISP tomorrow and cancelling my account. So I won't be posting again or even logging on for a few days in the very least. I know my uncle does not have internet at his place, so I will have to take it where I can get it.

The camper is done, the van is almost done but I can finish it when I pick up my other stuff. Hopefully by then I can have some more money saved up and can pay for a few extra things, like gasoline.

OK so I am trying to figure out if there is a shorter way than i have been going, so I am mapquesting it and gonna try to figure it out, but seriously I think the way I have been going is the best.

Derek

Leave a comment:

• crazywolf
    replied
    update

Boozhoo niji,

Again miigwech for your kind words. It cheers me up after a long day. Okay so here is the dirt. There are only four more days before I leave, and I still have a lot of work to do, but I have gotten a whole lot further than when I started this thread.

I have the engine swapped out in my moving van (formerly my pow wow van). I still have to get it tuned in a little better and change the oil, but thats about it for the mechanical things. I need to bleed the brakes, change out a couple of light sockets that are not working, put the front clip back on and install a new radio. (Anyone having travelled any length of distance alone knows a radio is a lifesaver).

On my cargo trailer I need to repack the rear bearings and mount some anchors, then build a ramp.

I am almost done with my camper, just put the last coat of undercoat on, and I have to tighten up a few screws on the inside and pack it.

Finally I need to wash and clean out my car. Hey... its a 2003 Subaru Forester, the newest car I ever owned, and it used to look brand new. Its been the best car I ever owned, and I really do try to take care of it. I just need to SHOW that its taken care of, lol.

Anyway that is the gist of it. I can get all of that done in four days with time to spare too! Watch me. I am a workaholic.

Derek

Leave a comment:

• ndnsooner
    replied
    see you at white earth....

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    Good luck Derek! I'm a firm believer that things always work out for the best. Sounds like a great adventure to me.

Leave a comment:

• badmaninc
    replied
    Member if you snag somebody up while enroute, tell em your name is Joe's Dad.

Leave a comment:

• Coyot_In_The_House
    replied
    Have a Safe Trip My Friend....

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.