Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyo_rose
    replied
    I should add that this pic is always titled Shoshone women on the Internet, but they were originally from MT, their father was Flathead, Iroquois and French, and their mother was Blackfoot/Sioux/Scotch/Irish.

Leave a comment:

• Grits & Beans
    replied
    goofy white people...a teacher had told me the reason they cast white guys as indians in movies was because the ndns didn't look indian enough. go figure....

nice pic tho, lol @ plaid was all the rage

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    Uhh...yeah. I guess I should have scanned the pic instead of just cheating. LOL
    Baker and Johnston Photographs: Group of Shoshone Women

Collection: Baker and Johnston Photographs
    Identifier: 180369
    Title: Group of Shoshone Women
    Creator: Charles S. Baker
    Creator: Eli Johnston
    Subject: American Indians
    Subject: Native Americans
    Subject: Shoshoni Indians
    Subject: Indians of North America -- Portraits
    Subject: Wyoming -- History , 1890-1918
    Subject: Wyoming -- History, To 1898
    Description: Group of Shoshone Women
    Publisher: University of Wyoming, American Heritage Center.
    Date Digital: 11/5/2010
    Type: image
    Format: image/tif
    Source: University of Wyoming, American Heritage Center, Baker and Johnston Collection, Accession Number 7240, Box 1.
    Relation: http://rmoa.unm.edu/docviewer.php?docId=wyu-ah07420.xml
    Digitization Spec: Master Tiff: 16 bit grayscale, 800 ppi, 100% of original; Scanned by Rick Walters, Kodak IQ Smart 3, Photoshop CS3 software.
    Resource Identifier: ah07420_011

Here's a pic of my Grandma's grandma's sisters. They had my gggma step out of this pic cuz she wasn't dressed NDN enough...lol...but it looks like plaid was all the rage!
    Last edited by wyo_rose; 03-08-2011, 10:53 AM. Reason: fixing link

Leave a comment:

• Grits & Beans
    replied
    i gotta look closer...all i seen was snow

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    I did NOT want my mom to take my pic, but she did anyway, saying something about not being a good wife if you sit on the counter.

Hey, if you look out the window in that pic...right behind the pine tree is a 400 foot drop off down to the ocean in AK.

Leave a comment:

• Grits & Beans
    replied
    Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
    Thanks, RDNKJ! Usually, I don't see it, but people say most of my gkids resemble me in one way or another.

Isn't the clothing something else?

G&B, my mom wore scarves outdoors all the time when she had long hair. Then occasionally after she cut her hair short.

Around here a lot of the old ladies wear scarves when out and about. Next door in Idaho, there's some younger ladies that wear them with their cloth dresses while dancing.

I wear a bandana now and then- scarf style - but tied behind my neck instead of under my chin.
    oh ok thanx...my roommate gave me alot of beautiful scarves, different cloths, colors and patterns that he brought back from afghanistan. i wear bandanas now and then too, not so much these days lol.

i like the pic of you too...not too many people can take a pic wearing all black. and not smiling. and still make a great photo

Leave a comment:

• leemillard
    replied
    Wearing a bandana...sitting on the counter...did that jinx me for something?

IMAG0517 by wyo_rose, on Flickr
    o my gosh , sooo pretty lol

Leave a comment:

• Joe's Dad
    replied
    Hey, I got six pints sitting on the counter...

of fresh picked CALIFORNIA STRAWBERRIES!!!

Don't count me out!

Leave a comment:

• lbgood
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
    I came in late. Who is the girl in the black shirt?
    When you snooze you looze LOL!

I hurd the hawtie in the black shirt likes California Strawberries

Leave a comment:

• Joe's Dad
    replied

I came in late. Who is the girl in the black shirt?

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
    Wow, Wyo_Rose, your granddaughter (in your avi) looks a lot like you in this pic. (Except for the type of film and clothing) ya coulda said it was a younger picture of her and I would've believed it. Great resemblance!
    Thanks, RDNKJ! Usually, I don't see it, but people say most of my gkids resemble me in one way or another.

Isn't the clothing something else?

G&B, my mom wore scarves outdoors all the time when she had long hair. Then occasionally after she cut her hair short.

Around here a lot of the old ladies wear scarves when out and about. Next door in Idaho, there's some younger ladies that wear them with their cloth dresses while dancing.

I wear a bandana now and then- scarf style - but tied behind my neck instead of under my chin.

Leave a comment:

• RDNKJ
    replied
    Here is one of my fav pics: my mom, me, and my brother cooking beans and weiners while out fishing in Alaska.

IMAG0117 by wyo_rose, on Flickr
    Wow, Wyo_Rose, your granddaughter (in your avi) looks a lot like you in this pic. (Except for the type of film and clothing) ya coulda said it was a younger picture of her and I would've believed it. Great resemblance!

Leave a comment:

• Ndnsoldierboy
    replied

Ira Hayes...WW II vet.

Semper Fi, Marine.

Leave a comment:

• Grits & Beans
    replied
    Here is one of my fav pics: my mom, me, and my brother cooking beans and weiners while out fishing in Alaska.

IMAG0117 by wyo_rose, on Flickr
    i've been wanting to ask about the scarf thing, i remember mom wearing one on her head alot when i was very young and less often as we got older...

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X