Halloween Honor System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Honor System

My nephew's football team is playing in the finals on Halloween.......SO....I'm thinking of putting the candy I bought outside my front door in a bucket with a sign that says "take 1" or "help yourself".

DH says it won't work. The first kids that come by will empty the whole bucket into their bags and that will be it.

I'm hoping it won't be that bad. I live in a row of houses next to the school and am sad to say that there's only a couple houses here that give out candy. And I hate to miss it, and don't want to get "tricked".

It's just a lot of penny candy and suckers and I'm going to secure the bucket so I don't lose it.

Am I just asking for trouble, or do you think trick or treaters will just take a handful and move on?
    ...it is what it is...

If another house does treats - ask them to dish out for you too!

Comment

Dude, I would eat the candy myself and leave everything else dark. Leave a mean dog or deranged cat outside on the porch. Nobody would go to your house.

Comment

It kinda depends on your neighborhood....

But I think SE has a good idea.

Comment

In my psychology class the teacher said stick a mirror near the bowl so the person reaching for the candy can see him/herself. She said its been proven that a person can't look at themselves while doing something wrong.

Try it out! let me know how it works out. :)
          The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

most kids will take it all esp if they are just a group of kdis walkin around together like in a pack lol

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
            When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

I think I would find a plastic container that you can drill holes in and then screw it down on the porch through the bottom. Make sure it has an opening in the top that is big enough to get your hand in and out of with a screw driver. Then the kids can reach in and get a handful at a time, but they can't scoop the candy out by the arm load or tip the container to pour everything into their bags.

Of course, if you really want to mess with the kids, super glue a bunch of candy to a serving dish from the thrift store and leave that out for them. Who says the kids are the only ones who can play tricks?

When I was a kid, there was an old house on one street that had a sign over the mail slot in the door that said, "Drop some candy through the mail slot and walk slowly away and nothing will happen to you." We were scared out of our minds and never went there again.

Comment

Originally posted by badgermademedoit View Post
                I think I would find a plastic container that you can drill holes in and then screw it down on the porch through the bottom. Make sure it has an opening in the top that is big enough to get your hand in and out of with a screw driver. Then the kids can reach in and get a handful at a time, but they can't scoop the candy out by the arm load or tip the container to pour everything into their bags.

Of course, if you really want to mess with the kids, super glue a bunch of candy to a serving dish from the thrift store and leave that out for them. Who says the kids are the only ones who can play tricks?

When I was a kid, there was an old house on one street that had a sign over the mail slot in the door that said, "Drop some candy through the mail slot and walk slowly away and nothing will happen to you." We were scared out of our minds and never went there again.

Those are some good idea, prank the kids back....

Comment

I agree with SE. We did the honor one year and they took the candy and the bowl! Thats we pass out candy at the Boy Scout Haunted House, most of the kids are there anyway.
                  Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

LOL, dang one year, we stuffed one of my girlfriends into a costume and arrange her on the porce to look like a piece of the decor. We had jack o lanterns, witches hats, cobwebs, flashing lights, scarey music, and the parents thought it was neat. She even got kicked a couple of times, but the best part was when the parents would come up on to the porch and she would grab thier ankles....LMAO.

So off the topic, but yeah, I kinda like the honor system. Who lets their kids run around in packs anyway? Mine go to those church or tribal parties. The only time we let them walk is if we dress up and go with them, we don't care how old they are, I'm not taking any chances. But that's just me.
                    sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

if you want kids to only take 1 candy...get those lil' tofee candies with the orange wrapping with the jackolatern and the witch on it (you know what I'm talkin bout)...I hated those candies when I was a kid!!!!! Same with that one smart azz who gives out tooth brushes or pencils...and they wonder why their house gets egged every year...
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

those are halloween kisses i think--THEY SUCK lol as a kid they and raisins were the last thing left in our bags, i buy them for teenagers that are taller than me askin for candy

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
                        When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy_truckin_NDN View Post
                          LOL, dang one year, we stuffed one of my girlfriends into a costume and arrange her on the porce to look like a piece of the decor. We had jack o lanterns, witches hats, cobwebs, flashing lights, scarey music, and the parents thought it was neat. She even got kicked a couple of times, but the best part was when the parents would come up on to the porch and she would grab thier ankles....LMAO.

So off the topic, but yeah, I kinda like the honor system. Who lets their kids run around in packs anyway? Mine go to those church or tribal parties. The only time we let them walk is if we dress up and go with them, we don't care how old they are, I'm not taking any chances. But that's just me.

haha when i was younger we went to this house...was really decorated good. like it looked scary.. and they had a HUGGGGGGEEEEE witches thing filled with candy outside by the porch next to a scare crow... haha... we went runnin to the candy..and next thing ya know the scare crow was some dude dressed up.. he looked so fake cuz he wasnt moving and just dressed up really good lol... scared us an we went running... was awesome.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                            Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                            by OLChemist
                            *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                            06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                          • Tsalagi_Phoenix
                            Books!
                            by Tsalagi_Phoenix
                            It seems that all the 'what are you reading now' threads have died and I decided to make my own thread for books.

Post what you're currently reading, ask for recommendations or give recommendations, post what books you got most recently and anything else book related.

I'm...
                            02-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X