Garage Sale/Flea Market TREASURES!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Sale/Flea Market TREASURES!!!

Okay, for all you devoted garage sale-er's out there. What are some of the best things you've found at a garage sale or flea market????

When we first moved up here and had to find new things for our townhome, I found a letter sorter/keyring holder for $3. It was real wood and we still have it 10 years later. And this summer we discovered that the color of the wood matches the woodwork in our new house perfectly.

I checked out a garage sale in May because they had advertised a King bedroom set. We were starting price new sets for our move to our new house so I stopped by just to look at it. It was full 5-piece set, which included a headboard and 3-way mirror for the dresser, honey-oak color, REAL WOOD (no particle board) with dovetailed joints, and they only wanted $300 for it. And it matched the woodwork in our new home perfectly again.

I got more.....whatchu guys got????

I'm not patient enough to dig for the good stuff....

But our family use to hit the garage sales in Scottsdale from time to time. Those are pretty good. My dad always found old mink stoles. He cut them into strips and used them for our hair wraps... They were so soft.

Comment

last month .... i found a garage sale by accident LOL ... dropping off my daughter at the school on a saturday morning before 9 am ... and the couple was moving to florida and selling everything. i ended up getting a solid wood kitchen table and four chairs for $30.00 ... LOL
      Watch your broken dreams...
      Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

I'm kinda big on controlling the impulse buying, so I scan the ads if I need something and only hit the sales that have something I'm interested in...lol.

This past spring I think I was looking for an end table (which I haven't found yet, BTW) and I didn't see what I wanted at this one sale. As I was leaving that neighborhood I drove by a different sale and they had a wooden Pottery Barn easel for kids...the kind that had a dry erase board on one side and the chalkboard on the other, and the thing at the top that holds a big roll of paper....those things sell for $175 brand new and they wanted $30 for it. I asked them if they would take $25 and they did. Just what I was looking for for my babies new playroom!

Comment

Originally posted by chazziff View Post
          last month .... i found a garage sale by accident LOL ... dropping off my daughter at the school on a saturday morning before 9 am ... and the couple was moving to florida and selling everything. i ended up getting a solid wood kitchen table and four chairs for $30.00 ... LOL
          Lol...that sounds really good! My work-study student told me that his mom found a nice big oak dining table for $20 at a garage sale. Then she went and bought brand new chairs for it and they cost over $300!!! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ndnMSW View Post
            Lol...that sounds really good! My work-study student told me that his mom found a nice big oak dining table for $20 at a garage sale. Then she went and bought brand new chairs for it and they cost over $300!!! Lol.
            dang ... them some expensive chairs LOL

one time .... there was this dude ... he had a clothing store that he decided to close over in toon town. and he brought all his stock to his house and had a garage sale ... dang tommy hilfiger, gap and the like ... brand new men's clothes for $3 for a shirt ... $10 for jeans ... it was a mad house i tell ya. i managed to get like three nice shirts and two jeans for the hubby there LOL

i found a TH duffel bag for $5 and a matching polar fleece blanket ... for $2 there too

Comment

My sister found this awesome big table that has extensions you can put in both ends. That makes it really long. She didn't pay very much. But when I was looking for a similar table, they don't even make them like that anymore. I guess people have smaller families now....

She's had it a long time and it is still sturdy and can seat all our families during our big dinners.

Comment

My friend Carol found a reading lamp in New Orleans at a estate sale that turned out to be a real Tiffany! She only paid 20 dollars for it. You better believe she went back the next day after finding that mark on the lamp!
                Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

Many Many Knives,
                  There were several i items i got from Fleamarket style auction
                  "Don't trust anyone who isn't angry."
                  - John Trudell

"Don't trust anyone who isn't hungry."
                  - Me

Comment

I'm not so much into searching garage sales, but I do watch Craigslist closely. lol We've gotten all kinds of stuff from Carigslist. My latest big score was a 42inch rear projection HDTV for $200 and the guy through in his Sony surround sound system to go with it.
                    sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
                    [email protected]

Comment

I went to this garage sale in Watonga, Oklahoma once on the east side, and this lady was selling jewelry. I was going thru it and she had bags of small shells with holes already drilled and two big bags of plastic bones, like for breastplates....I snapped em all up for $3.00. Man! I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.
                      sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

LOL ... dang that is a good buy!! this one time ... my hubby went to this one handicraft store ... and was gonna pay some coin for some real bone ones ... and got up to the cashier (who had to have been new LOL) and charged him the plastic price .. better believe he paid and ran out outta the store LOL

but yeah never really checked out craigslist ... i've gotten some good deals off of kijiji.com and kijiji.ca ... clothes and such for my girls ...

Comment

Craigslist is awesome!! I haven't gotten anything from it yet, but I'm always checking it....lol. I'm keeping an eye out for some high-end living room furniture...I'm determined to either make mine last or buy something nice that is secondhand until my daughters are older and I can have nice furniture without everything being spilled on it...lol.

Comment

I once scored on a recliner at a garage sale. It was a new $1300.00 leather LazyBoy swivel/rocker recliner for...free!!!

Reason I know it cost so much is cuz the receipt was still under the headrest.

That lady really like me alot, eh?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Craigslist

We got a 4 yr old washer & dryer set from craigslist for $75. The people we got it from bought a new house and it came with a new and they was just wanting to get rid of their older set.
                              sigpic

Contest Coordinator & Calendar Admin
                              [email protected]

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X