Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ndnsooner
    replied
    I found a cool new website that allows you to search craiglsist for multiple cities. It works really good, it can also include ebay with your searches. You can search by multiple words or phrases easier.

Search Tempest - Craigslist Helper & More!

Leave a comment:

• ndngirl73
    replied
    probably the greatest find for me was when my mom found my white buckskin hightop moccasins at a garage sale for $1. seriously, they had leather soles, were perfect and a size 10!! right about the time i started dancing again...we put beadwork on them and i'm still dancing in them. i think its probably time to put new soles on...lol...after 18 years, they're getting a little worn..

also i bought my car off of craigslist...so did my bf and my brother...i love craigslist...

Leave a comment:

• ndnsooner
    replied
    Originally posted by crazywolf View Post
    Niij, I didn't say you had to make a special trip to go down there and buy one. Its pow wow season down dere you know! Go ahead of time and shop around. Now is the time to pick up one cheap too.
    I've been watching craigslist listings for popups in several other cities besides fargo. a good deal will "pop-up" sometime. lol

Leave a comment:

• crazywolf
    replied
    Niij, I didn't say you had to make a special trip to go down there and buy one. Its pow wow season down dere you know! Go ahead of time and shop around. Now is the time to pick up one cheap too.

Leave a comment:

• ndnsooner
    replied
    Originally posted by crazywolf View Post
    Boozhoo niji,

You should go down to Florida to look for a pop-up. You can get one for less than a grand easy. I knew a neighbor down there that had one for $700, it had a/c and a working fridge, also looked pretty nice.
    I think i would spend over a $1000 in gas just going to pick it up. lol

Leave a comment:

• SpeakingOwl
    replied
    i think we must be lucky, there were times that i've found ndn articles at yard/estate sales. lice beaded bags thrown in with the old purses for like $1.00 apiece mocasins in with the slippers 25 cents and the like pendleton blankets for under $10 I am a yard sale junkie.

Leave a comment:

• ac_miss
    replied
    My mom can find all kinds of deals on neat toys for her grandkids. Most of the toys she buys are gently used or brand new, so we don't have to shell out big bucks for new toys at Walmart or Toys R US.

Leave a comment:

• crazywolf
    replied
    Originally posted by ndnsooner View Post
    When I lived in Texas, I bought an above ground pool for $75. It was a nice one too.

You have to be dedicated to watching it every day. Right now I'm on a look out for a pop-up trailer. I need it for the pow-wow trail next summer. lol
    Boozhoo niji,

You should go down to Florida to look for a pop-up. You can get one for less than a grand easy. I knew a neighbor down there that had one for $700, it had a/c and a working fridge, also looked pretty nice.

You should get one that looks like mine so we can set up together and have the tipi section eh?

Derek

Leave a comment:

• ndnsooner
    replied
    Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
    I'm a Craiglist fan too. I used to be addicted to it. I got a cherrywood dining table that seats 6 ($150) and later I got a beautiful large desk that matches it ($75) all are now in my kitchen dining area. The catch is, you can find anything you want in the color, size, style and price range you want, but you have to keep checking each day.

A lady down the road has a garage sale from her store every other weekend. She has new name brand clothing at really affordable prices!
    When I lived in Texas, I bought an above ground pool for $75. It was a nice one too.

You have to be dedicated to watching it every day. Right now I'm on a look out for a pop-up trailer. I need it for the pow-wow trail next summer. lol

Leave a comment:

• ndnMSW
    replied
    Yeah, and you gotta catch the good deals too right away or they go QUICK! I saw a wooden table and chair set for children that had a tiled top and 2 ladder back chairs for only $25...I took a day to think about it and when I went back the next morning it was gone.

I'm still looking for my end table...lol.

You can get good deals too from your friends and co-workers if they know you are looking for something...lol. I was checking craigslist for an entertaiment armoire, and when my co-workers found out what I was looking for, two of them happened to each have an armoire that they were willing to let go for next to nothing. I got a junior armoire for the family room in the basement, but our tv wouldn't fit in the tall armoire....but I at least got one thing that I really wanted for our new house.

When I was having my moving sale I swapped an old desk and nightstand with my neighbor for a Little Tykes picnic table...lol. And when my husband went to pick up the craft easel for my girls, he saw a dual cassette recorder with high speed dubbing that my dad has been looking for...lol.

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Originally posted by ndnsooner View Post
    We got a 4 yr old washer & dryer set from craigslist for $75. The people we got it from bought a new house and it came with a new and they was just wanting to get rid of their older set.

I'm a Craiglist fan too. I used to be addicted to it. I got a cherrywood dining table that seats 6 ($150) and later I got a beautiful large desk that matches it ($75) all are now in my kitchen dining area. The catch is, you can find anything you want in the color, size, style and price range you want, but you have to keep checking each day.

A lady down the road has a garage sale from her store every other weekend. She has new name brand clothing at really affordable prices!

Leave a comment:

• ndnsooner
    replied
    Craigslist

We got a 4 yr old washer & dryer set from craigslist for $75. The people we got it from bought a new house and it came with a new and they was just wanting to get rid of their older set.

Leave a comment:

• Joe's Dad
    replied
    I once scored on a recliner at a garage sale. It was a new $1300.00 leather LazyBoy swivel/rocker recliner for...free!!!

Reason I know it cost so much is cuz the receipt was still under the headrest.

That lady really like me alot, eh?

Leave a comment:

• ndnMSW
    replied
    Craigslist is awesome!! I haven't gotten anything from it yet, but I'm always checking it....lol. I'm keeping an eye out for some high-end living room furniture...I'm determined to either make mine last or buy something nice that is secondhand until my daughters are older and I can have nice furniture without everything being spilled on it...lol.

Leave a comment:

• chazziff
    replied
    LOL ... dang that is a good buy!! this one time ... my hubby went to this one handicraft store ... and was gonna pay some coin for some real bone ones ... and got up to the cashier (who had to have been new LOL) and charged him the plastic price .. better believe he paid and ran out outta the store LOL

but yeah never really checked out craigslist ... i've gotten some good deals off of kijiji.com and kijiji.ca ... clothes and such for my girls ...

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
    Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
    by OLChemist
    *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
    06-21-2021, 12:08 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X