Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The spoiled under -30 crowd!

Subject: THE SPOILED UNDER -30 CROWD!

If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!
    When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning
    Uphill…barefoot…
    BOTH ways
    Yadda, yadda, yadda
    And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on kids about how hard I had it.
    And how easy they’ve got it!

But now that…I’m over the ripe old age of thirty, I can’t help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You’ve got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a damn Utopia!

And I hate to say it but you kids today you don’t know how good you’ve got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn’t have The Internet.
    If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the damn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!

There was no email!!!
    We had to actually write somebody a letter, with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!

There were no MP3’s or Napsters!
    You wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the damn record store and shoplift it yourself! Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and DJ’d usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up!

We didn’t have fancy Caller ID either!
    When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn’t know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn’t have any fancy Sony Playstation video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600 with games like ‘Space Invaders’ and ‘Asteroids’. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen. Forever!

And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

You had to use a little book called the TV Guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your *** and walk over to the TV to change the Channel and there was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you Hear what I’m saying!?! We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little [email protected]@rds.

And we didn’t have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove…Imagine that!

That’s exactly what I’m talking about!
    You kids today have got it too easy.
    You’re spoiled.
    You guys wouldn’t have lasted five minutes back in 1980!

Regards,
    The Over 30 Crowd
    I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

I especially like the one that says the game got harder and faster until you died.... JUST LIKE LIFE!!!! Or maybe that's not funny.....

Comment

I like the one about the microwave!!

Comment

Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and DJ’d usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up!

LOL ... dang i remember when dudes used to make me mix tapes ... ayez too cute
        Watch your broken dreams...
        Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

Originally posted by chazziff View Post
          Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and DJ’d usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up!

LOL ... dang i remember when dudes used to make me mix tapes ... ayez too cute
          Was that you??? AYE...

Comment

Originally posted by soopashinaab View Post
            Was that you??? AYE...
            LOL ... did you always send over some dude saying ... "hey im suppose to give this tape to you" jkz

Comment

Are you all talking about Cassette Tapes or 8-track....Ayyee

Comment

Originally posted by kiyaanii mom View Post
                Are you all talking about Cassette Tapes or 8-track....Ayyee
                they said over-30 crowd not the over the hill crowd.....LMAO!!!!
                sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

dang! I forgot how rough we had it, thanks soopa!
                  sigpicDisclaimer: Storyteller and I are friends no matter what our evil twins say on the rhyme thread

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, laying in hospitals, dying of nothing....

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!

Four things you can't recover:

The stone........after the throw. The word........after it's said.

The occasion...........after it's missed. The time.........after it's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 50cal View Post
                    they said over-30 crowd not the over the hill crowd.....LMAO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kiyaanii mom View Post

sorry K, just had to....LOL!!!!
                      sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Dang! All so true!
                        Don't compromise yourself. It's all you've got.

Janis Joplin

Comment

buh ... i just reminded myself ... when the tape player would eat ur tapes LMFAO ... then you would be tryna salvage em up .... winding them back up

Comment

Dang, you think the 80s were tough, ya'll should have been around when most phones were on party lines and tv was black and white! lol
                            Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Annie Fawn View Post
                              Dang, you think the 80s were tough, ya'll should have been around when most phones were on party lines and tv was black and white! lol
                              LOL .. i remember those when we first moved back to the rez when i was small .... you had you're own special ring combo

then there was always some nosey nora on your party line who always picked up even if it wasnt her ring LOL

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.