Election Day Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election Day Discussions

Did you vote today? How long did you wait?

Post your thoughts about the results as they come in today.
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/48ff995c49a30ff2/49107e229c2b1f4e/490532f277debe70/b3766239/-cpid/ffbd76980a525a" id="W48ff995c49a30ff249107e229c2b1f4e" width="400" height="545"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/48ff995c49a30ff2/49107e229c2b1f4e/490532f277debe70/b3766239/-cpid/ffbd76980a525a" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

I waited over hour and 45 minutes to vote this morning. In a area that has at least 5 new neighborhoods built in the last 3 years, we only had 5 voting machines!

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

At 7:00 a.m. when my husband voted the line was out the gym door and into the school parking lot. I think he said it took him 30 minutes. I went at 8:45 and only waited a few minutes, mostly waiting for a booth. I'm thinking it will be really busy after 5:00 p.m. when most folks get off work. My in-laws voted last week early and they waited in line for 30 minutes.

Comment

We live in a very rural area, went over and had no wait. We vote on large paper ballots that get fed into a machine, and the process goes very quickly.

They moved the voting into a small office building where as it used to be in the gymnasium. I bet there's going to be lines later on.
          ...it is what it is...

Comment

My wife and I were #11 and #12 in line this morning. We actually got to the poll station abouit an hour early. The total wait time for us (not including the hour wait for the poll to open) was about 10 - 15 minutes. I hope everyone else voting experience was half as smooth as ours.

Comment

My husband and I voted last week during early voting. No wait........just walk in, sign in and then go vote.
              In past years we've gone after work and the lines would be long.
              We used computerized machines this year to vote (in the past it was paper ballots).........my only complaint was that once we signed in they volunteers weren't very clear on how to use the machine. We both figured it out.........but took us a few minutes to do so.

Comment

ndnlicious and I went early and there was no line....it was so easy I may go vote again!!!
                sigpicDisclaimer: Storyteller and I are friends no matter what our evil twins say on the rhyme thread

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, laying in hospitals, dying of nothing....

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!

Four things you can't recover:

The stone........after the throw. The word........after it's said.

The occasion...........after it's missed. The time.........after it's gone.

Comment

I dropped mine in the ballot box yesterday,no wait at all.

Comment

I early voted last week. But when I dropped the kids off at school this morning there were lines but not too bad. I think the evening lines are gonna be long though.

And there were lines during the early voting.

Comment

I voted an hour ago at the tribal administration building, and there were no lines at al except to use the electronic one because there's only onel. I used the electronic one for the first time, and thought it was neat. There's a county clerk who explained how it works, and it was easy.

Happy voting!!
                      Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

It took 10 - 15 minutes but 5 of that was waiting on them explain to the guy (in front of me) how they changed the voting rules. he didn't have an id with the address that matched his voters card. he was about to get belligerent but i understand his feelings.
                        The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

only had to wait about 5-10 minutes. we had the long paper ballots that go into machine. i'm not used to filling in the circle with a pen..lol i almost asked "don't i need a #2 pencil...LOL but luckily i thought about it for sec before i spoke it...lol...

Comment

HOW ABOUT all you folks up in Canada? What are your thoughts. This election will have at least a little affect on your country, too.
                            "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
                            Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Canada is a Rather Large Suburb of the United States....

Originally posted by Wakalapi View Post
                              HOW ABOUT all you folks up in Canada? What are your thoughts. This election will have at least a little affect on your country, too.
                              Just clutching muh Fries and gravy and ketchup chips!
                              "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                Books!
                                by Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                It seems that all the 'what are you reading now' threads have died and I decided to make my own thread for books.

Post what you're currently reading, ask for recommendations or give recommendations, post what books you got most recently and anything else book related.

I'm...
                                02-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X