Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arizona Law takes effect January 1, 2009

Everyone please read carefully!

This new law takes effect January 1, 2009. Please understand you can have a license plate frame holder as long as it doesn’t cover the Arizona on the top your license plate. If the license plate frame holder covers the Arizona, you could receive a $130.00 ticket! It is your responsibility as Arizona drivers to know new motor vehicle laws, the state doesn’t send out mailings. For more info on new motor vehicle laws click on the link below. If you have a frame holder that covers the Arizona, you need to remove it before January 1, 2009 or replace it with one that leaves Arizona visible. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    http://www.azdot.gov/MVD/WhatsNew/whatsnew_2008.asp<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    License Plate Holder Law - State law* requires that the state name at the top of Arizona license plates must be visible. Any license plate holder or cover that prevents the license plate from being clearly legible is in violation of this new law. <o:p></o:p>
    * A.R.S. 28-2354(B.)<o:p></o:p>

dang glad I dont live in AZ.........for all u peeps who do........good Luck, lol
    lisaironmaker

Comment

Originally posted by LISA IRONMAKER View Post
      dang glad I dont live in AZ.........for all u peeps who do........good Luck, lol
      Good for you, eh? However, you can't live and drive here anyway - Glendale has a law that says you can't drive in reverse! I know your car only goes in reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
        Good for you, eh? However, you can't live and drive here anyway - Glendale has a law that says you can't drive in reverse! I know your car only goes in reverse.
        [email protected]!! Guess that leaves me out to ennit???
        I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

Comment

I haven't looked up the laws here in Washington for a long time but I know that they've been trying to crack down on people with dark smoked license plate covers and those special covers that "blur" the plate only when hit with a camera flash. I think the essence of the law is, "You must make it easy for others to narc on you."
          "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
          Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Originally posted by soopashinaab View Post
            [email protected]!! Guess that leaves me out to ennit???
            Heck, they might even have a law against tipi creepin!

Others include:

In Globe, it is illegal to play cards in the street with a Native American.

It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona.

Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.

In Tucson, it is illegal for women to wear pants.

In Nogales, it is illegal to wear suspenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
              Heck, they might even have a law against tipi creepin!

Others include:

In Globe, it is illegal to play cards in the street with a Native American.

It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona.

Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.

In Tucson, it is illegal for women to wear pants.

In Nogales, it is illegal to wear suspenders.
              Well I definitely ain't coming to live in Arizona anytime soon!!

But I might sneak a visit through Tuscon though!!!

Comment

Some more:

Phoenix - the law states that every man who enters the city limits must wear pants.
                Glendale - it is illegal for a car to back up.
                Hackberry - there is a city ordinance that prohibits women from eating raw onions while drinking buttermilk on the Sabbath.
                Hayden - it is against the law to disturb bullfrogs or cottontail rabbits within the city limits.

Comment

Well that does it for me..no camel hunting???? Screeewwww that, that is the only reason I ever went to AZ!!!!!
                  sigpicDisclaimer: Storyteller and I are friends no matter what our evil twins say on the rhyme thread

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, laying in hospitals, dying of nothing....

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!

Four things you can't recover:

The stone........after the throw. The word........after it's said.

The occasion...........after it's missed. The time.........after it's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by eyesrbrown4areason View Post
                    Well that does it for me..no camel hunting???? Screeewwww that, that is the only reason I ever went to AZ!!!!!
                    I've got a herd of camels runnin through my yard that needs thinnin if you're interested!!

Comment

Just to get a hump???

Comment

noooo......I have the heads taxidermied and have them hanging on the wall.... ummm..doesn't everyone do that???
                        sigpicDisclaimer: Storyteller and I are friends no matter what our evil twins say on the rhyme thread

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, laying in hospitals, dying of nothing....

Comment

I've got a herd of camels runnin through my yard that needs thinnin if you're interested!!
                          There would be just no sport in killing your pets!

Comment

There would be just no sport in killing your pets!
                            They're not my pets!! They're wild camels runnin through my yard, besides you should see the land mines they leave behind!!! I don't have a pooper scooper big enough!!

Comment

They're not my pets!! They're wild camels runnin through my yard, besides you should see the land mines they leave behind!!! I don't have a pooper scooper big enough!!
                              Try a snow shovel

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.