X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cris_neva
    replied
    Originally posted by TacO5000 View Post
    No bs... when the sun comes up at the nine and you see the real face of your snag!! Awwwwhhh!!! aye!! jk
    OMG...now that is some scary stuff...lol

Leave a comment:

• jls2009
    replied
    Originally posted by TacO5000 View Post
    No bs... when the sun comes up at the nine and you see the real face of your snag!! Awwwwhhh!!! aye!! jk
    Here's another one that'll get your mind going.

This one is familiar to all navajos and those that are related to us. ...............

I seen some pretty scary things in my life. But nothing goes beyond Skinwalkers. I seen some waiting outside or powwows. I tell ya, i sure didn't go in that one. I turned around.

Some things i hate are witches that take down good dancers or good people and just bring them down. Only because they are better.

Leave a comment:

• TacO5000
    replied
    Originally posted by jls2009 View Post
    What happenned to you or witnessed at a powwow? No bs.

Did you do something you weren't supposed to?

Did you see something you weren't supposed to?

Give us some nightmares........Some new powwow goers could learn from your experiences.........

Leave a comment:

• cris_neva
    replied
    Originally posted by Zotigh View Post
    I remember the mud-men, and the fire walkers. Fire walkers dancing through the bon-fire with their tall geometric head-dresses. And the snake dancers...real snakes let out and picked up by the dancers.

Wow...those were all exciting to this once six year old.

Been a long time since I thought of them. Since the 1960's.

Thank you.

Oh man...I love the fire dancers...I use to actually be scared of them too when I was younger...I remember one time at a dance I was playing around and running back to where they were changing and getting painted...OMG, I remember I got in so much trouble because I was not supose to be back there and see them. I love them now and I enjoy watching them dance and I use to love to watch my grandpa Doc paint them!!

Leave a comment:

• Zotigh
    replied
    Originally posted by cris_neva View Post
    the mud men...I have no idea what is was about them, but my sister and I would always take off running.....lol...Well it was scary to me at the time
    I remember the mud-men, and the fire walkers. Fire walkers dancing through the bon-fire with their tall geometric head-dresses. And the snake dancers...real snakes let out and picked up by the dancers.

Wow...those were all exciting to this once six year old.

Been a long time since I thought of them. Since the 1960's.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• jls2009
    replied
    Originally posted by cris_neva View Post
    This is a funny scary story...it was when I was younger I always remember going to the Indian Fair, in Anadarko, OK...I remember our whole family would go and we would all set up to watch the parade...there was one part of the parade that use to scare the crap out of me and I would always go run and hide behind the cars along the street....it was the mud men...I have no idea what is was about them, but my sister and I would always take off running.....lol...Well it was scary to me at the time, but funny now!
    I still have memories or nightmares of those. When my family tried to get me to start dancin', I went along. They said i could wear my cousin's old grass outfit, i was about 10. They told me to change into the outfit. So i went into the restrooms. Came out to join the inter-tribal. Girls were snickering older guys were laughing. My Aunt runs out with tears in her eyes, laughing hysterically.

I completely changed out and into the outfit. How? I don't know? What a nightmare..............funny now

Leave a comment:

• jls2009
    replied
    Originally posted by jls2009 View Post

Give us some nightmares........Some new powwow goers could learn from your experiences.........
    Well, I'll start it. I did some grassdancing in my younger days. I was at the trail of tears powwow with some sioux friends i traveled with. Interesting powwow, but nonetheless, We were stunned to see some guys gettin high'. We were teen dancers and they weren't. We didn't know what to say. So we shut up. My buddy's parents had no idea either.

By mid day...... One of the guy's bustle broke. The second never made it back to the second session. The third guy fell off the bleachers. Everyone thought this was odd but noone had no idea.

I thought i would ask about the second one...... but noone knew. About halfway into the next day, the guy walks into the powwow wondering when is it gonna start. We said. But he argued, till we caught on he was still thinking it was yesterday. I watched while he was questioned. His truck was gone, along with all his regalia and instruments. Took him a while to figure that out, then he accused everyone else.

Why this story.... it's simple and not intense to start. But becareful on who is watching.....someone above is.

Leave a comment:

• cris_neva
    replied
    This is a funny scary story...it was when I was younger I always remember going to the Indian Fair, in Anadarko, OK...I remember our whole family would go and we would all set up to watch the parade...there was one part of the parade that use to scare the crap out of me and I would always go run and hide behind the cars along the street....it was the mud men...I have no idea what is was about them, but my sister and I would always take off running.....lol...Well it was scary to me at the time, but funny now!

Leave a comment:

• jls2009
    started a topic Scary stories of Powwow anyone?

Scary stories of Powwow anyone?

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X