Optin Monster

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the things that you can't PowWow without???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the things that you can't PowWow without???

What are those items that you can't leave home without, can't imagine not having with you??? I have a basket that my hubby calls the basket of tricks, it has everything from Aspirin to chapstick to bug spray to ziplock bags in it... I could almost do minor surgery with the stuff in the basket...So what are those things that you have to have....

So my basket of tricks is the my can't leave home without... we have turned around and went back to the house and got it when it got left behind once.... Thank goodness for the check list.. and checking that all the items on the check list are checked off.....
    Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Duct tape, safety pins, chapstick and water.

Comment

I keep on hand baby wipes, safety pins, duct tape (different colors), electrical tape, e 6000 glue, earring posts, band aids. Must haves water bottle and hair spray, extra hair rubberbands & barettes. A needle and thread is always required also. I think that does it. I'm sure other things but those are top on my list.

Comment

I can see that there are things that I need to add to the basket of tricks.... different colored duct tape.... hummmm glue... yeah I need to make some notes...
        Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Ummmmmm my son's outfit!!! We were in Seattle and headed to Julyamsh which is a few hour drive, at least 5 hrs. My sis lives up near Everett, WA. In a hurry we rushed to pack everything and get on the road.... After about an hour of driving and we're headed up the pass...I looked back...omg his outfit is sittin in the closet!! I looked at my watch...okay okay we can do this.... Drove back to Everett, got the outfit we left there at 2:30pm and booked it across the state. We actually got there about 6pm. Dang I don't remember when I made that 5 hour trip in 4 hours....phew

it was funny though.
          You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
          [email protected]

Comment

Duct tape, saftey pins, water, needle and thread case, extra hair clips, hair bands and barretts, baby wipes or wash clothes, and bandaids.

Comment

Ndns.....no wait, I have seen a few powwows that tried

Comment

future baby mommas.....LOL!!!...jk......I don't know.....haven't been to a powwow in a long time........
                sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

powwow...??? what's that?
                  sigpic
                  R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

yeah, yeah, all the basics everyone else said, regalia, plus i always carry dried fruit, beef jerky(im diabetic II), lighters, extra tabbaco/sage/cedar,abalone shells,enough water to bathe with, and lots of tp (toilet paper),small trash bags, folding chairs, muh van or pickup with sleeping gear,emergency kits for vehicle & people, liquid soap & towels, toiletries, sunscreen, sunglasses, warm jacket,changes of clothes, shelter with netting for outdoors, lots of singles for gifting, and lots of moola for buying from vendors. did i forget anything? oh yeah, ice chest with lots of frozen h2o bottles! oops, most important for me, muh meds & blood testing kit! oh and a couple of knives tucked here and there.
                    Last edited by APACHEFIRE; 02-01-2009, 12:53 AM. Reason: ad ons
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
                    "Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
                    "I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
                    "Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
                    "Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Comment

Wow it think you named every thing tp mst important and water kdi forgot hait barrets last time now we have check list!!!!!!!!!thanks

Comment

I'm about the same way but here's my list: regalia, hair ties, bias tape (braid wraps), comb, sunglasses, cash, bug spray, duct tape, blanket, jacket, jeans, tennis shoes, camera, video camera, two-yr old son's backpack with sippy cup, snacks, diapers etc...One time we had just got all the way outta town and onto the main highway (about 20 mins from our house) when I realized we left my daughter's beadwork at home. Of course we had to do a 360 and pick it up...

I hate it when I get to a powwow and realize I forgot something...
                        We will be known forever by the tracks we leave..Dakota leader.

Comment

me too also learned to use map quest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( after taking the scenic way --50 miles longer)

Comment

scissors!

i always try to check my suitcase to make sure my outfit is all there before heading out to pw... one time i forgot to check and come grand entry time... i didn't have a shawl!
                            i don't like borrowing other peoples things so my sis was kind enough to cut her shawl in half!
                            omg my mom had a fit... but my sis wouldn't let me go without... haha! (that's why the scissors were handy)
                            "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

Comment

good one bushy, im not the one who packs all the extra stuff but as for me i make sure i got a my recorder. sometimes theres gonna be a good song and i grab it.. makes the ride home better when u got good tunes
                              thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

• OLChemist
                                Redhorse Cafe -- the Food Truck
                                by OLChemist
                                *Rose wakes Chuy up and chases him out in to the parking lot to see his new digs. She fires up the portable evaporative cooler next to the tables. *

Chuy, some iced tea, carne adovada, calabacitas, and sopaillas, please. It's so much fun to watch WD and BA chase their napkins in the...
                                06-21-2021, 01:08 PM
                              • Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                Books!
                                by Tsalagi_Phoenix
                                It seems that all the 'what are you reading now' threads have died and I decided to make my own thread for books.

Post what you're currently reading, ask for recommendations or give recommendations, post what books you got most recently and anything else book related.

I'm...
                                02-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X